Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Hate to hear that. Especially with him being half way around the world. Reminds me of when a dear friend of mine tragically passed away in a car accident while her husband was deployed somewhere in the middle east. It took him a few days to get back to his kids. That kind of news when there's nothing you can do right then and there has to be gut wrenching.

Prayers for the Forbes family.
    Absolutely.....

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Nice article about CP3 from the Terre Haute paper

https://www.tribstar.com/news/local_..._medium=social
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Nice live auction items. Really nice!

Comment

• I know of a nice silent auction item that would make a great cover for that pool table.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Not gonna take long for that bet to pay off, LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      What a coach! When he was on... he. was. on.

Got a little sideways in his final years but... great memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        It was good for sure, but still very hard to watch a replay of it. It was the hardest to take Shocker loss I have ever witnessed. Such a long quite ride home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

It was good for sure, but still very hard to watch a replay of it. It was the hardest to take Shocker loss I have ever witnessed. Such a long quite ride home.
                          TRUE! It would have been a worse pill to swallow had UK lost their next game. I did take a little solace in the fact that UK made it to the finals, beating a 4 seed and two 2 seeds to get there.
                          Last edited by ShockTalk; August 31, 2023, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I hate, Hate, HATE that we couldn’t pull this out, but I can accept losses like this. This was likely the greatest basketball game I will ever see, and I hope to have another 40 years or so in my future. The two teams traded haymaker after haymaker. No shame in this one at all.

The ones I hate are when WSU clearly didn’t play to its capability. VCU in 2012 NCAA still makes me sick. I had a bad feeling about that one all week. That was an awful matchup for us. Not necessarily unfair but just not a good draw, and we didn’t play well. I cried myself to sleep that night and never wanted to watch another basketball game again. Fortunately, I overcame that.

Marshall 2018 was also gross but almost predictable.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I hate, Hate, HATE that we couldn’t pull this out, but I can accept losses like this. This was likely the greatest basketball game I will ever see, and I hope to have another 40 years or so in my future. The two teams traded haymaker after haymaker. No shame in this one at all.

The ones I hate are when WSU clearly didn’t play to its capability. VCU in 2012 NCAA still makes me sick. I had a bad feeling about that one all week. That was an awful matchup for us. Not necessarily unfair but just not a good draw, and we didn’t play well. I cried myself to sleep that night and never wanted to watch another basketball game again. Fortunately, I overcame that.

Gross is too mild for the Marshall game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Or the Marshall loss with the NBA and pro talent we had on that floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X