Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Or the Marshall loss with the NBA and pro talent we had on that floor.
    See very last sentence.
    78-65

Comment

• The Marshall loss seems to get even worse and worse with time. That team was freaking loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        The Marshall loss seems to get even worse and worse with time. That team was freaking loaded.
        I thought it at the time and said it, and still believe that team was coached terribly. A stubborn coach trying to fit circles into square holes.

Comment

• I will also add, I realize it is that stubbornness that made us great to start with.

Comment

• Watch it all…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Watch it all…

What was that? Like 26 straight makes from the corner 3? That’s insane.

78-65

Comment

• Kind of crazy that Marshall was able to keep this ego from blowing up the team.

Comment

Kind of crazy that Marshall was able to keep this ego from blowing up the team.
                  I like cle but, He's just wrong. I can think of 6 without much effort at all. That still put him at a very respectable level

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I like cle but, He's just wrong. I can think of 6 without much effort at all. That still put him at a very respectable level
                    Ya don’t get me wrong, as far as level of play in a Shocker uniform plus his “wow” factor he’s probably my favorite. But he’s obviously being delusional here.

Comment

• Carr - X - Levingston - Fred

Cle was darn good as well but those guys were the best IMHO

Comment

• I love Cle’s confidence and his greatness won us a lot of games. He is an all time great but Stallworth, McDaniel, Carr, Levingston, Armstrong, Van Vleet and Johnson without ordering. He can have arguably on the rest. Go Cle. No matter, we love ya!

Comment

Kind of crazy that Marshall was able to keep this ego from blowing up the team.
                          From a raw talent standpoint ... Cle might be right. The amount of raw talent he has is crazy. Its always been the mental aspects that held him back. 3G was able to keep him focused just enough to let that talent shine for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

From a raw talent standpoint ... Cle might be right. The amount of raw talent he has is crazy. Its always been the mental aspects that held him back. 3G was able to keep him focused just enough to let that talent shine for a bit.
                            From a pro perspective he massively underachieved then

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

From a pro perspective he massively underachieved then
                              that's why i said "for a little bit" when talking about him shining .. he fell off after that

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Doc, shoxlax, and wichshock65 were having this same conversation this morning. Talentwise, he’s not far off. As you said though, there’s more to hoops greatness than just “talent.”

Doc: “Cle talent + Freddy everything else = GOAT level.”

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X