9-seed, UConn
      12-seed, Loyola Chicago
      14-seed, New Mexico State

First Four Out
      SMU, 2nd spot

Next Four Out
      None

Comment

For what it's worth...Harry Palms has Wichita in as an 11 seed at this moment.

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
          Replaced SMU

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
            If anyone wants to know the primary reason for not being in the cesspool of the valley, Drake is having the season of their lives and are the only Valley team in with a 12 seed. WSU is an 11...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

If anyone wants to know the primary reason for not being in the cesspool of the valley, Drake is having the season of their lives and are the only Valley team in with a 12 seed. WSU is an 11...
              Drake has no Q1 or Q2 games yet. WSU has 3 ROAD Q1/2 wins ... Probably should be a bigger difference in seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Drake has no Q1 or Q2 games yet. WSU has 3 ROAD Q1/2 wins ... Probably should be a bigger difference in seed.
                Great point and would we even be included as an at large if not for our place in the conference standings?

No bad losses, 2-1 in Q1 games. I don’t follow bracketology so I’m not sure what their aim is at this point. Are they trying to predict who will eventually make the tournament by projecting the rest of the season based on current results, provide a snapshot of who would be in the tournament if the season ended today, or just who gives a crap it’s January and most teams have played like 10 games so I’ll just pencil in all the usual suspects who have football teams?

I can’t imagine 68 other teams have as good of a resume at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Great point and would we even be included as an at large if not for our place in the conference standings?

No bad losses, 2-1 in Q1 games. I don’t follow bracketology so I’m not sure what their aim is at this point. Are they trying to predict who will eventually make the tournament by projecting the rest of the season based on current results, provide a snapshot of who would be in the tournament if the season ended today, or just who gives a crap it’s January and most teams have played like 10 games so I’ll just pencil in all the usual suspects who have football teams?

I can’t imagine 68 other teams have as good of a resume at this point in time.
                  What it tells me is they are not buying the Shox. Which, IMO, is right where the Shox thrive. They will be doubted regardless of number of wins.

Comment

What it tells me is they are not buying the Shox. Which, IMO, is right where the Shox thrive. They will be doubted regardless of number of wins.
                    Well i think Palm would actually have WSU in even as an at large. It would likely be in the first four or close though (all the first four seeds are 11s). Shox resume is weird right now because the raw Quandrant resume looks good, but the computer numbers are pretty bad right now. Since it's so early on .... really doesn't matter though .. We are in January and they have the keys to play themselves in and the confidence to do so. Way better than i expected.

Comment

Well i think Palm would actually have WSU in even as an at large. It would likely be in the first four or close though (all the first four seeds are 11s). Shox resume is weird right now because the raw Quandrant resume looks good, but the computer numbers are pretty bad right now. Since it's so early on .... really doesn't matter though .. We are in January and they have the keys to play themselves in and the confidence to do so. Way better than i expected.
                      No way Palm would have Shox in as an at large if they were in the MVC. Not a chance! With Drake being 13-0?? Also, our wins against Tulsa and USF would be against Mo State and SIU or something which wouldn't carry near the wait. Shox might not have the scheduled games with OSU, Mizzou or Ole Miss either if the Shox were in the MVC.

Comment

No way Palm would have Shox in as an at large if they were in the MVC. Not a chance! With Drake being 13-0?? Also, our wins against Tulsa and USF would be against Mo State and SIU or something which wouldn't carry near the wait. Shox might not have the scheduled games with OSU, Mizzou or Ole Miss either if the Shox were in the MVC.
                        Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to say that at all. Was saying if we werent the auto bid he would still have us in

Comment

Which leads me to the question from my original post, what is their goal or criteria in creating these early brackets?

I’m not sure what would lead them to doubt the shockers at this point other than personal bias.

The computer numbers make little to no sense at this point given the circumstances of the season and besides why would they give weight to WSU’s low computer ranking yet not acknowledge that we’ve beat teams who are rated higher in the same computer rankings.

And this isn’t to say that we’re definitely going to make the tournament or that they won’t ultimately be proven correct that we aren’t as good as our record would indicate. It just highlights the silliness of doing bracketology this early in a normal year let alone this one.

Comment

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to say that at all. Was saying if we werent the auto bid he would still have us in
                            Oh ok. I misunderstood. My bad.

Comment

Which leads me to the question from my original post, what is their goal or criteria in creating these early brackets?

I’m not sure what would lead them to doubt the shockers at this point other than personal bias.

The computer numbers make little to no sense at this point given the circumstances of the season and besides why would they give weight to WSU’s low computer ranking yet not acknowledge that we’ve beat teams who are rated higher in the same computer rankings.

And this isn’t to say that we’re definitely going to make the tournament or that they won’t ultimately be proven correct that we aren’t as good as our record would indicate. It just highlights the silliness of doing bracketology this early in a normal year let alone this one.
                              I think it is personal bias. I guess you could call it that. They can't see past all of the transfers from last year and Marshall leaving and an interim coach taking over. In their minds, that automatically means you shouldn't be good.

Comment

I mean this one is easy ... they need to keep traffic going to their sites lol

Comment

Working...
                                X