Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

name the players!!!
    Most of our core that was supposed to return next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

DSB...I have no beef with you, but unfortunately your track record of supporting a coach no matter what is pretty obvious.
      Really? No matter what? Supporting the coach?

I don’t have a huge amount of posts, but you will see when I stopped supporting the coach but continued to support the young men in the program, regardless of their leader.

if you actually read the posts and not base it of opinions of asshokes, I was very clear about when he needed to accomplish a certain goal.

I will have the same expectation for Coach Wedge. And even if we are 15-40, in year three I will still have his back.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Im not saying countless mass exodus. Im just asking you to prove we upgraded each transfer. Or are you playing a game?
        Name a transfer and Ill name the replacement who took their scholly. You are the ones pretending 3G is running off all these world beaters year in and year out, I want you to name them. Because if you’re talking about Ricky Torres or Chance Moore then the game is over before it started! You are walking to Abiline here man.

Comment

Me too. But it is turnover. Look I don't like arguing with people and called a kid. I am an alum of WSU, Season ticket holder and a financial supporter. I as a KID, listened to Gus Grebe and now Mike Kennedy. Huge Shocker fan (die hard). I remember as a kid wondering if WSU would ever be good in basketball. Coach Marshall gave that to me along with other Shocker fans. We've been to the Final 4, we won an NIT trophy and we went 35 - 0. Are we going to the Final 4 every year - no. We don't even know what would have happened in this year's NCAA tournament. I just don't like the constant bashing of coaches, announcers, players, etc. Maybe this was a perfect storm where everything went sideways - WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! Everyone has an opinion and what they will or won't tolerate. If you can't accept things that happen then don't give your support. I just happened to see 2 extremes with the players = one's who love Coach Marshall and some that don't. We base everything on here on what we assume is the truth, but I believe no one really knows. Finally, I enjoy all of the conversations on this board - some really smart people, but some that like to call names if disagreed with. I call those "childish individuals" THanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post

Most of our core that was supposed to return next year.
            this year is an anomaly! We had a little piss ant poison the well. Add that to a very young core and newly minted transfer rules and here we are.
            People are acting like this is an every year event....i want to know what years and whom the players were.

Comment

Name a transfer and Ill name the replacement who took their scholly. You are the ones pretending 3G is running off all these world beaters year in and year out, I want you to name them. Because if you’re talking about Ricky Torres or Chance Moore then the game is over before it started! You are walking to Abiline here man.
              Man I've never claimed that. You claimed you could prove we upgraded each transfer. Just asking to do it. Im curious for the info. I dont have an agenda except to hear your proof.

Comment

this year is an anomaly! We had a little piss ant poison the well. Add that to a very young core and newly minted transfer rules and here we are.
                People are acting like this is an every year event....i want to know what years and whom the players were.
                This isn’t just a one year thing. If coach doesn’t change something in either the way he recruits or how he handles recruits when they get here, this will happen again. We recruited a few players over the last couple of years- Austin Reaves, Teddy Allen, Erik Stevenson, J. Burton, Grant Sherfield, Noah Fernandes- that have kept us from being able to build up to something special because they all left for one reason or another. Next year will be our 3rd year in a row of an up and down year if he doesn’t bring in the right players to replace the ones we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
                  Me too. But it is turnover. Look I don't like arguing with people and called a kid. I am an alum of WSU, Season ticket holder and a financial supporter. I as a KID, listened to Gus Grebe and now Mike Kennedy. Huge Shocker fan (die hard). I remember as a kid wondering if WSU would ever be good in basketball. Coach Marshall gave that to me along with other Shocker fans. We've been to the Final 4, we won an NIT trophy and we went 35 - 0. Are we going to the Final 4 every year - no. We don't even know what would have happened in this year's NCAA tournament. I just don't like the constant bashing of coaches, announcers, players, etc. Maybe this was a perfect storm where everything went sideways - WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! Everyone has an opinion and what they will or won't tolerate. If you can't accept things that happen then don't give your support. I just happened to see 2 extremes with the players = one's who love Coach Marshall and some that don't. We base everything on here on what we assume is the truth, but I believe no one really knows. Finally, I enjoy all of the conversations on this board - some really smart people, but some that like to call names if disagreed with. I call those "childish individuals" THanks for listening.
                  Apologies for the name calling. I think people on this board have a different opinion on the direction / expectations of our program. Nevertheless, I sent you a PM explaining how to “quote” comments in your reply. We are all Shocker fans here, and want what is best for our program. Six transfers is unprecedented and worrisome—to say otherwise is illogical. At the least, we deserve an explanation. Welcome to the board, we appreciate you posting! More people on here the better.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Are you really trying to compare Marshall to Butler? Come on, man, you’re better than that.
                    Not at all.

Just giving DSB the ish for his coach hot takes.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Not at all.

Just giving DSB the ish for his coach hot takes.
                      If this site loves one thing, it’s individuals that will never say anything bad about Wichita State. They are beyond reproach, my friend. Tread lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post

This isn’t just a one year thing. If coach doesn’t change something in either the way he recruits or how he handles recruits when they get here, this will happen again. We recruited a few players over the last couple of years- Austin Reaves, Teddy Allen, Erik Stevenson, J. Burton, Grant Sherfield, Noah Fernandes- that have kept us from being able to build up to something special because they all left for one reason or another. Next year will be our 3rd year in a row of an up and down year if he doesn’t bring in the right players to replace the ones we lost.
                        2017-2018: Austin Reaves, CJ Keyser
                        2018-2019: Ricky Torres, Rod Brown, Chance Moore

I’m sorry but the evidence isn’t really there to support “mass exodus” are a multi-year trend.

Comment

Call me crazy but continuity counts for something. As others have said, getting the right players for this program is where it all starts. If a prospective player isn’t “ok” with 3Gs coaching style or expectations, it’s a non-starter. Clear expectations have to be set. 3G doesn’t care if you’re the second coming of Jesus Christ if you have a poor attitude, don’t learn from mistakes, or don’t hustle...you aren’t going to play.

Comment

I appreciate WIchitaStateGuy. Will watch quotation requirements in the future. I agree on your sentiment about 6 players leaving, it is worrisome. But I do not believe that all of these comments are that much different than mine. I also agree that we could use an explanation. Too many assumptions are made and comments are made on what needs to happen to the coach, players and announcers, etc.. As an example, I like Mike Kennedy. You do not, that's fine, but don't berate the guy for doing his job on a public forum. I don't think you would like it, if someone didn't like the job you did and then went on Facebook to tell everyone. I do appreciate your apology - stand up guy (no sarcasm). Hey I'm learning at a fast pace. Also, I disagreed with ShockerFever on one thing (playing with "big dogs".

Comment

I’m a sunshine guy to a fault probably but I’m having an awfully hard time believing there’s any positive way to spin this offseason so far.

It’s really bizarre with Stevenson because it really seemed he was all in with being a Shocker. In the middle of the season when Erik’s grandfather passed away, it seemed like the team and staff rallied around him and they were becoming a really tight group. I know the situation with his Pops on social media certainly didn’t help but can this mass exodus really be blamed solely on that?

Then Dex needing to take some time away, then running into Houston and some of the other conference top dogs, our top 25 ranking was gone then the problems seemed to really surface.

The season being cancelled was the absolute worst possible thing to happen with this group. It’s too bad because too because winning cures a lot of locker room issues. Going to at least the American Finals and winning a game or two in the tournament could have done a lot in keeping this team in tact. I think maybe being ranked in the top 25 did more harm than good for our team this year because it may have made expectations unreasonably high and they bought the hype too maybe.

Losing JB sucks the most and now GS? This season went from “oh bummer” to “oh crap” in a hurry. Whatever it is, hope we can fix it.

I miss the days when we were all just mad about our AAA team being named the Wind Surge.

Comment

Coach couldn't do anything about CJ Keyser. I seem to remember coach said he "flunked out of school" - not positive though

Comment

Working...
                                X