No announcement yet.

State of the Basketball Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as HCGM is at the healm, I am not worried a bit about the state of the program. A lot of assumptions and innuendo going around in the media involving the transfers with very little actual fact or knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      As long as HCGM is at the healm, I am not worried a bit about the state of the program. A lot of assumptions and innuendo going around in the media involving the transfers with very little actual fact or knowledge.
      And that's the way it's going to be unless either the coach of the athletic department puts any information out. Why? Because it's natural to look at a team that has 6* players leaving and wonder what's going wrong.

Only absolute WSU homers look at this and think everything is okay.

*Subject to increase.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

There is definitely something going on. GM shot about 35% on his last couple of recruiting classes and didn't follow his shot.

As a coach who has taken us to some great heights, he deserves a chance or 2 to fix it. It's not like we took last in the league. If he wasn't GM, he wouldn't be on the hot seat would he? Some good pieces are still here. More importantly, the ones willing to buy into coach and work.

I kinda think we may still not be awful next year.

But we'll see.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Until Marshall can find players willing to put ego aside for brotherhood and the team, we will continue to shed players every year. It should get easier, and regulated to only a couple a year soon.

And no, this is not a generational issue. There are egotistical people in every generation. Just look at a certain asshat parent.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            And no, this is not a generational issue. There are egotistical people in every generation. Just look at a certain asshat parent.
            Hey, Erik Stevenson's dad may not have a shoe to promote like LaVar Ball, but he does have a 6̶ ̶ 5-pack of Natural Light he can sell ya.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

You excited to hear Mike Kennedy ask about "minor personnel issues, Gregg, surely something you can work around." I expect zero pointed questions from Mike Kennedy.
              Kennedy is on Twitter defending the state of the Union and that this is nothing unusual or to see here. If u are concerned then u are just a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

And that's the way it's going to be unless either the coach of the athletic department puts any information out. Why? Because it's natural to look at a team that has 6* players leaving and wonder what's going wrong.

Only absolute WSU homers look at this and think everything is okay.

*Subject to increase.
                Then I guess I am a homer. So be it...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Then I guess I am a homer. So be it...
                  Name is very, very, very fitting.

Comment

The amount of my concern equals the length of the hair on HCGM’s chin.

Comment

I’ll say this—Gregg Marshall’s back is against the wall, and he sure as hell knows it. Let’s see how he performs, because this is a career defining moment, ala Bobby Knight.

Comment

Look, Kennedy is an unfair target. He is in effect the spox for the shox. He is not working for 30 for 30.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Look, Kennedy is an unfair target. He is in effect the spox for the shox. He is not working for 30 for 30.
                          Collateral damage

Comment

Mr. Wichita State Guy defined - Hey honey, watch me through some opinions out there and watch all these people go crazy on me (let's have some fun). I don't even know Coach Marshall's first name. BUT LET'S GET PEOPLE JUICED AND HAVE SOME FUN!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
                              Mr. Wichita State Guy defined - Hey honey, watch me through some opinions out there and watch all these people go crazy on me (let's have some fun). I don't even know Coach Marshall's first name. BUT LET'S GET PEOPLE JUICED AND HAVE SOME FUN!!
                              Lol. Kids have a lot of time with school out, I suppose.

Comment

YEP - Nailed it!

Comment

Working...
                                X