State of the Basketball Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Are you really trying to compare Marshall to Butler? Come on, man, you’re better than that.
    Clearly not. The only comparison that was made is with DSB's constant defending of Todd Butler with now his constant defending of Marshall. Not saying both coaches are the same or will result in the same. Only that the guy will go down with any sinking ship associated with WSU if need be.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
      As a side note - more studying - Kentucky's retention rate (low) - Calipari - 5 mil
      I don't care about Roy or Cal. I care about WSU and this is simply not acceptable.

Comment

As a side note - more studying - Kentucky's retention rate (low) - Calipari - 5 mil
        No one knows what you are even trying to prove here, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
          How many years of mass exodus are you guys willing to take?
          please name all of the years that we have had a quote “mass exodus” of major contributors! Also list their names and ppg!

I can prove almost every case that we upgraded that scholly!!! No reason to think that will change!

This “mass exodus” year after year narrative is 100% total bullsh** !

Ill give you AR even though he left because “personal reasons”

Comment

The state of the program certainly doesn’t look good right now, but there is a small chance that things will turn in a positive direction for us if we can bring in the right group of players to replace the ones that have left. One thing is clear though; coach needs to change something. Either change his approach and how he talks to players or bring in guys who thrive off of that style. But you cannot have talented guys who buck at GM’s coaching style/philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post
              The state of the program certainly doesn’t look good right now, but there is a small chance that things will turn in a positive direction for us if we can bring in the right group of players to replace the ones that have left. One thing is clear though; coach needs to change something. Either change his approach and how he talks to players or bring in guys who thrive off of that style. But you cannot have talented guys who buck at GM’s coaching style/philosophy.
              Hyperbole

Comment

I care about WSU too! I wasn't talking to you. I was responding to WichitaStateGuy. But since you butted in - I think the AD has an opening for you to meet with him on what is not acceptable to you.

Comment

If WSU had 5 First Round NBA picks leaving every year, I would give a kidney for that kind of turnover.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

Hyperbole
                    My bad, you’re right. He doesn’t need to change a thing.

Comment

please name all of the years that we have had a quote “mass exodus” of major contributors! Also list their names and ppg!

I can prove almost every case that we upgraded that scholly!!! No reason to think that will change!

This “mass exodus” year after year narrative is 100% total bullsh** !

Ill give you AR even though he left because “personal reasons”
                      Ok prove it please.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Ok prove it please.
                        name the players who have left during these countless mass exoduses!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post

My bad, you’re right. He doesn’t need to change a thing.
                          name the players!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Sure, context matters. I personally did not care for Burton or Stevenson. However, whether I like them or not, they were being counted on lead this team for years to come. Regardless how much "context" you want to paint this issue with, unless you are bringing in big time players who can wildly produce in a year or two in the program, there is no chance for continued success.

I'm most interested in the CONTINUED success of Wichita State basketball. I know there will be bumps and down years. I don't expect those to be self-inflicted in back-to-back years.
                            So you consider losing Ricky Torres, Rod Brown, and Chance Moore last year a self inflicted wound?

Comment

name the players who have left during these countless mass exoduses!!!
                              Im not saying countless mass exodus. Im just asking you to prove we upgraded each transfer. Or are you playing a game?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

How's Todd Butler doing these days?
                                Haven’t heard. But still coaching and making good money.

Comment

Working...
                                X