2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Now that the sting has worn off, ES was one of my favorite players. Love the guy on our team/hate the guy on an opposing team type of player. Some of his passes were amazing. Not sure of the reason for his inconsistency, but I will cheer him on at UW and hope he kicks ass. There seems to be some personal demons he’s dealing with and I hope he slays them and grows as a person and matures. UW is a beautiful place to play ball. Not near the program of Wichita State, but he’s close to home and his family. After losing his Grandfather, I understand the need to be close to family.
    Whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Whatever
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Now that the sting has worn off, ES was one of my favorite players. Love the guy on our team/hate the guy on an opposing team type of player. Some of his passes were amazing. Not sure of the reason for his inconsistency, but I will cheer him on at UW and hope he kicks ass. There seems to be some personal demons he’s dealing with and I hope he slays them and grows as a person and matures. UW is a beautiful place to play ball. Not near the program of Wichita State, but he’s close to home and his family. After losing his Grandfather, I understand the need to be close to family.
        Coming in he was one of my favorite players. This year he was at best inconsistent and most still supported him. We all felt his pain at his grandfathers passing. When he started slumping again he still had support. He lost me when he started putting opposing players into the wall after a steal of an errant pass or turnover. Game/bench posture was horrible. I'm glad he is where he is. And that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Coming in he was one of my favorite players. This year he was at best inconsistent and most still supported him. We all felt his pain at his grandfathers passing. When he started slumping again he still had support. He lost me when he started putting opposing players into the wall after a steal of an errant pass or turnover. Game/bench posture was horrible. I'm glad he is where he is. And that's all I have to say about that.
          Forrest Gump / That's all I have to say about that (With images ...

I felt the same way about ES; he was my kind of player and I loved his moxie and confidence (some might call it arrogance). I tried to support him until he announced he entered the transfer portal and started making negative comments about our program. I had actually started to question his make-up when he reached out on Twitter asking people not to bid on his pink jersey (insert shocked monkey meme here). I realize he had a family member with breast cancer and also lost his grandfather last fall (both can tug at your emotions and decision making), but it was a 'fundraiser' for cancer research and you don't reach out on social media telling people not to bid on your jersey because you want to purchase it yourself... that was a 'smh' moment.

It might have seemed trivial to everyone else, but it told me more about him and at that point I started realizing it probably wasn't going to work for him here over the long term. I'm not sure he received much flack for posting the request on Twitter, but I know I'm not the only one who had a 'WTF' moment. I still like the kid and don't have any ill-will or animosity towards him, but I won't be spending my time researching his future stats and I'd just as soon not see them posted here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I've tried to mostly keep my nose out of the transfer discussions this season. I wish all the kids success both incoming and out going.

I do want to say I'm kinda done with the whole "XXXX will get less time and not as much time at the position he wants as YYYYY school" comments.

I get the whole "he's our guy I love him" vs "he left us I hate him" thing, it's natural and understandable.

Do some of you think WSU is that much less a program?

Personally, I expect several of this young men to have strong finishes to their careers, especially JB.
            common sense and adulting has no business here

Comment

• Erik was an arrogant punk, both when he played well, and when he didn't. I'm really glad I don't have to cheer for his team any more. That being said, I prefer him over Sherfield, who was a lazy dog and an arrogant punk.

Comment

• I was never really a fan of Eriks game. At this years black and gold scrimmage I pegged him as a guy who would transfer. I was forced to back off that after his hot start but things really went south thereafter. I wish him the best but I’m glad he’s no longer a shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I was never really a fan of Eriks game. At this years black and gold scrimmage I pegged him as a guy who would transfer. I was forced to back off that after his hot start but things really went south thereafter. I wish him the best but I’m glad he’s no longer a shocker.
                  Oh, and I sure didn’t like his actions following the U-CONN win. Not sure we ever got the complete story, but assume coach Marshall and him probably had a come-to-Jesus moment after the game. If he did what was reported, coach Marshall likely made him apologize to coach Hurley and the UCONN team; that’s likely when everything went south. Also might be part of the reason we ended up with Alterique Gilbert. I’m guessing coach Hurley and Alterique appreciated the class shown by WSU and coach Marshall in dealing with that situation. I might be 100% off base with my speculation, but I’m bored and have nothing better to do than speculate. I’m just a know-nothing rambling speculator.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Oh, and I sure didn’t like his actions following the U-CONN win. Not sure we ever got the complete story, but assume coach Marshall and him probably had a come-to-Jesus moment after the game. If he did what was reported, coach Marshall likely made him apologize to coach Hurley and the UCONN team; that’s likely when everything went south. Also might be part of the reason we ended up with Alterique Gilbert. I’m guessing coach Hurley and Alterique appreciated the class shown by WSU and coach Marshall in dealing with that situation. I might be 100% off base with my speculation, but I’m bored and have nothing better to do than speculate. I’m just a know-nothing rambling speculator.

That’s what I do too!

Comment

This! And ES's game went to hell after that game. I imagine Marshall was in no mood for shenanigans after giving up a 9 point lead in 65 seconds.

I guess in some circles being told to apologize for being an a-hole is considered "breaking a player's spirit".
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

This! And ES's game went to hell after that game. I imagine Marshall was in no mood for shenanigans after giving up a 9 point lead in 65 seconds.

I guess in some families being told to apologize for being an a-hole is considered "breaking a player's spirit".
                        FIFY
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Interesting, such thoughts never entered my mind but I think there may be some truth to your speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Erik was an arrogant punk, both when he played well, and when he didn't. I'm really glad I don't have to cheer for his team any more. That being said, I prefer him over Sherfield, who was a lazy dog and an arrogant punk.
                            Totally agree with your first sentence. One individual like him on any team can totally end up in disaster.

Comment

• Statement: See you guys in October.

Translation: See you guys in less than a week.

I don’t remember the terms of the bet you all made but there is zero chance of him fulfilling his end of the bargain.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Statement: See you guys in October.

Translation: See you guys in less than a week.

I don’t remember the terms of the bet you all made but there is zero chance of him fulfilling his end of the bargain.
                                I think he mentioned hosting a beer party...

Comment

Working...
                                X