No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Morris clearly needs to improve on both fouling and free throw shooting, it is worth remembering that he did shoot .613 from the field last year, nearly .100 better than our next best player (who, btw, was Poor Bear). Jaime shot .487 from the field last year. Even account for the fact that Jaime attempted 3s (poorly) while Morris did not, Jaime still shot .517 from 2 point range.

On a per 40 minutes basis, Jaime averaged 19.3 pts and 12.1 rbs. Morris averaged 16.4 pts and 10.6 rbds. His ability to stay on the floor to achieve those numbers will clearly be the telling issue, but he was absolutely a productive post player in the minutes he played and I'm always going to assume that bigs will take more time to develop and have a chance to be much better as upperclassmen than as underclassmen.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
      I’ll take it, gives us another junior so helps to balance classes.
      By my calculation that makes 5 juniors (Poor Bear, Dex, Udeze, Trevin Wade, Porter). Not really helping with balance. Adding a grad transfer senior or a transfer Sophomore would have helped more with balance.

Honestly, I am conflicted by this. But ultimately I have faith in HCGM. Get after it Mo!

Comment

• Waiting for *******'s tweet...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Honestly, I am conflicted by this. But ultimately I have faith in HCGM. Get after it Mo!
          I'm a bit conflicted as well as it does kinda set a precedent for the future. But...yeah faith in GM fer sure...and really this probably will be more and more prevalent around college basketball so.....okay.

I like you Mo!!! Go get yourself ready to be a beast next season!!!!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Surely, one of the Juniors RS. (Maybe two if AG gets a waiver).

It's a must.
            The Assman

Comment

By my calculation that makes 5 juniors (Poor Bear, Dex, Udeze, Trevin Wade, Porter). Not really helping with balance. Adding a grad transfer senior or a transfer Sophomore would have helped more with balance.

Marshall is living #RentFree in JG's head
              The Assman

Comment

• Good to have Mo back. Easy guy to root for when he’s not fouling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Marshall is living #RentFree in JG's head
                  What a condescending AHOLE!!!

Comment

Oh dang that’s true, new T-Wade slipped my mind so I guess it does create a larger JR class. Maybe Marshall figured he wanted more upperclassmen, maturity, and veteran leadership after last year idk.

Comment

• Gotta think one of the JUCO guards redshirts right? Even as crazy as it sounds. We now have a huge Junior class again with a small Sophmore class.

Comment

• I will support my team—- Mo is going to have to work hard to gain respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Good to have Mo back. Easy guy to root for when he’s not fouling.
                          When Morris isn't shooting FTs this Summer, I want him in a cast that keeps his arms straight up at all time.

Eventually he will be given side-to-side movement.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                            LOL at the grandiose new commitment tweet, as he grovels back. No photoshop required for those uni shots, eh? GMAFB Mo.

Comment

• I hope Mo shoots a lot of free throws in the off season but only if he rebuilds his form. Hopefully, he has someone he trusts and will listen to who can show him the way. I think his shot can be fixed. And if he fixes his free throw form who knows maybe he will knock down a 10-12 foot jumper on occasion.

Now fixing his fouling would seem to be mostly a matter of mental focus and discipline. That would seem to be mostly up to him.

Would love to see both him and Poor-Bear make big strides as juniors. First thing they need to do is get in the best condition of their lives if they are going to keep up with the gazelles that will be surrounding them.

Comment

• He'll be ok when he s-l-o-w-s down. Or, better said, when the game slows down for him, a truism we've all heard...

Comment

Working...
                                X