2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
    But in this case, the NCAA recognized the disadvantage to the student-athlete and decided to level the playing field by removing the penalty for transferring. With the money on both sides (NCAA tournament for the program, growing worldwide popularity and professional opportunity for the athletes), these dynamics won't diminish..
    it has not passed

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Your words:

“The point I was making that escaped you is that Clemente was the level of player we could get in 2008 after a coaching change to play in the Valley.”

We were 11-18 and 17-17 in the two years Ramon played. Not sure how your statement could be taken any other way than implying we were a bad Valley team in 2008 and our level of recruits reflected that, case in point Ramon Clemente. Who you then said was better than Trey Wade.

If disagreeing with your opinion makes me a thin-skinned little baby then so be it.
      I'm saying Ramon was a superior athlete and with our success and perks and conference affiliation I'd like to think we should be recruiting at least as well as we did in 2008. Again, Wade gives his all.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
          So will HCGM grant ES a waiver?

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• ES and his dad might not have thought this process through as well as they might have. It would be a bit awkward for them to call HCGM and ask for a waiver at this point. Especially if the rumors about ES contacting new recruits are true.

Comment

• Maybe Teddy was Huggy’s Erik.

Might be why Teddy never got to play.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  ES and his dad might not have thought this process through as well as they might have. It would be a bit awkward for them to call HCGM and ask for a waiver at this point. Especially if the rumors about ES contacting new recruits are true.
                  I would love to see the letter asking for immediate eligibility that's bound to be headed to the NCAA from Erik and his family. The Bullet List of reasons they supply would be quite interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

So will HCGM grant ES a waiver?
                    I don’t think it matters. Looks like he will have to sit.

The above tweet says the vote on immediate eligibility in June will be for the 21-22 season. Next years season is the 20-21 season so most everyone will have to sit regardless of this particular vote.

The transfers one year from now are the ones who will benefit if the June vote passes. Am I thinking about that correctly?

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I don’t think it matters. Looks like he will have to sit.

The above tweet says the vote on immediate eligibility in June will be for the 21-22 season. Next years season is the 20-21 season so most everyone will have to sit regardless of this particular vote.

The transfers one year from now are the ones who will benefit if the June vote passes. Am I thinking about that correctly?
                      Standard hardship waivers are still available.

I'm sure ES and his dad can write a good sob story about the irreversible mental harm that has been done since Erik wasn't able to take every shot he wanted and wasn't able to decide the amount of playing time he wanted. Being held accountable for your mistakes has no place in the college environment and I'm sure the NCAA will see that.

Comment

• Part of me would love to see waivers granted for all but one of the guys who transferred.

That being said, I think it’s better to just grant waivers for all of them and be done with it. No need to stoop to their petty level.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          Part of me would love to see waivers granted for all but one of the guys who transferred.

That being said, I think it’s better to just grant waivers for all of them and be done with it. No need to stoop to their petty level.
                          TBH.. I hope that WSU doesn't weigh in at all. Provide the NCAA with facts for each player (including all verifiable details of things that happened during or after their time here, good or bad) and say we will not deny or approve any waivers, that they will allow the NCAA to decide it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm sure ES and his dad can write a good sob story about the irreversible mental harm that has been done since Erik wasn't able to take every shot he wanted and wasn't able to decide the amount of playing time he wanted. Being held accountable for your mistakes has no place in the college environment and I'm sure the NCAA will see that.
                            Idk, that article from CJ Moore made Teddy look like a shoe-end case for a hardship wavier and he still had to ride the pine.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

it has not passed
                              Thanks. If I knew that I forgot it. My other points still apply once it passes as far as student-athletes increasing turnover to mirror what some coaches have doing for a while now to try to optimize market value on both sides.

I wonder what percentage of current transfers in the portal are either (1) assuming it will pass, or (2) assuming that coaches will grant waivers because it's imminent.

Is there really not a former D1 men's basketball parent on the board? I always assumed there was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't think any of these guys qualify for hardships but who knows.

It seems that many thought this vote in June would impact this upcoming season and that doesn't appear to be the case. I wonder how many of these kids thought this thing was going to pass and they were going to get to play next fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X