2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Oh wow .. so now you are drooling over Weber?
    Weber, Richey, Cheatin' Sampson.

He's got quite an arsenal.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Coach Weber won conference championships and conference coach of the year awards at each of the three schools where he has been head coach. He led his teams to 13 NCAA Tournaments, with Illinois playing in the championship game of the 2005 Big Dance. He was also the consensus 2005 national coach of the year.

At Kansas State in his first eight seasons as head coach, Weber led his team to two conference championships and five NCAA tournament appearances. His Wildcats advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament in 2018 and he won Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year award in 2013.

Let's see if Marshall can accomplish those feats in the AAC, which is still not on par with the Big 10 and Big 12 but definitely a step up from the Valley of Mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
        Sounds like your a bigger fan of Weber that most K-State fans I have talked to.
        I've visited with numerous K-State fans and they would give their left/right nut to have Gregg Marshall as their coach. Many KU fans I know don't like Marshall... especially after he put a 'clown suit' on Self, but the majority of them think Marshall is a great coach; I had one tell me a couple of weeks ago he's going to Texas, North Carolina or Duke.

Last edited by WstateU; April 1, 2020, 11:21 AM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

(this is a youtube link to a fun line from Cannonball Run...whenever someone thinks they're ALL THAT, a la Riley Gates, I always, ALWAYS think of this line. I was hoping for a gif, but couldn't find one.

You'd just have to watch and see if you recall it. Although the young'uns on here will probably be like "what the hell is a cannonball run?"

"Cannonball Run", that one brings back some memories...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Weber, Richey, Cheatin' Sampson.

He's got quite an arsenal.
            Agree with the tone of your post, but disagree regards Sampson.

While Sampson deserved to get fired at IU, I'm calling sour grapes, especially because GGG has only beat Cincy/Houston twice.

I dont see Houston committing violations these days, so is your real problem that we cant beat them?

Note (and I dont know how I get these things in my news feed), but the Cincy board is certainly aware that we cant seem to beat them or U of H consistently.

If we could beat them consistently your characterization of Sampson might gain more traction. I dont think I will be going to any games in Houston soon, it's a waste of time and money.

Comment

• As long as Tillman Fertita is a booster for Houston, there will be smoke around the program. Sampson hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                As long as Tillman Fertita is a booster for Houston, there will be smoke around the program. Sampson hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.
                This isn't a B12 Board, but I know a former football player for OU who said the dollar bills flowed like water out of a fire hydrant in the locker room whenever they beat Texas. Take it for what its worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I dont see Houston GETTING CAUGHT committing violations these days, so is your real problem that we cant beat them?
                  FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Coach Weber won conference championships and conference coach of the year awards at each of the three schools where he has been head coach. He led his teams to 13 NCAA Tournaments, with Illinois playing in the championship game of the 2005 Big Dance. He was also the consensus 2005 national coach of the year.

At Kansas State in his first eight seasons as head coach, Weber led his team to two conference championships and five NCAA tournament appearances. His Wildcats advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament in 2018 and he won Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year award in 2013.

Let's see if Marshall can accomplish those feats in the AAC, which is still not on par with the Big 10 and Big 12 but definitely a step up from the Valley of Mediocrity.
                    Zzzzzz
                    Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 1, 2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• What's Weber's record against KU? GM is 1.000... Smaller sample size though, I know. And I don't really give a crap about making the tourney when 75% of the big 12 makes it.

Not making the tourney in the big 12 is a sign of abysmal failure if you ask me.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        What's Weber's record against KU? GM is 1.000... Smaller sample size though, I know. And I don't really give a crap about making the tourney when 75% of the big 12 makes it.

Not making the tourney in the big 12 is a sign of abysmal failure if you ask me.
                        Yeap 75% of them make it, then go the tournament and kick their butts kicked. Why? Because its an overrated conference. Hell Weber so-called best team got beat by MVC Loyola. When I went back to work on Monday should had seen those wildkitten faces. Talking about crying and making excuses. Was looking forward to watching the chicken hawks choke again this year. But the basketball God saved them from having to play in the tournament. Finally it doesn't matter what Weber record is. What matter is that Weber is a pu$$y.

Still waiting on the so-called best Football conference to man up figure how to beat a SEC or ACC team in football game that counts for something. The reputation of Big 12, is raping women, beating up women, physical abuse by coaches, money fraud, sexual harassment, attacking law enforcement officers, drunk basketball coaches at fraternity parties, coaches getting arrested for drug crimes, murdering basketball players and then covering it up, on and on and on. What a shtty conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Agree with the tone of your post, but disagree regards Sampson.

While Sampson deserved to get fired at IU, I'm calling sour grapes, especially because GGG has only beat Cincy/Houston twice.

I dont see Houston committing violations these days, so is your real problem that we cant beat them?

Note (and I dont know how I get these things in my news feed), but the Cincy board is certainly aware that we cant seem to beat them or U of H consistently.

If we could beat them consistently your characterization of Sampson might gain more traction. I dont think I will be going to any games in Houston soon, it's a waste of time and money.
                          Habitual, repetitive cheaters should definitely be given the benefit of the doubt.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap 75% of them make it, then go the tournament and kick their butts kicked. Why? Because its an overrated conference. Hell Weber so-called best team got beat by MVC Loyola. When I went back to work on Monday should had seen those wildkitten faces. Talking about crying and making excuses. Was looking forward to watching the chicken hawks choke again this year. But the basketball God saved them from having to play in the tournament. Finally it doesn't matter what Weber record is. What matter is that Weber is a pu$$y.

Still waiting on the so-called best Football conference to man up figure how to beat a SEC or ACC team in football game that counts for something. The reputation of Big 12, is raping women, beating up women, physical abuse by coaches, money fraud, sexual harassment, attacking law enforcement officers, drunk basketball coaches at fraternity parties, coaches getting arrested for drug crimes, murdering basketball players and then covering it up, on and on and on. What a shtty conference.
                            Ya' ok brother? I think you 'bout covered it all...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ya' ok brother? I think you 'bout covered it all...

I am fine. Doing great. I just get tired of chickenhawk and wildkitten trolls coming on our message board and trying to pump up that weak conference the little 12 without telling all the facts. My rant is over. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am fine. Doing great. I just get tired of chickenhawk and wildkitten trolls coming on our message board and trying to pump up that weak conference the little 12 without telling all the facts. My rant is over. LOL
                                They Live

Comment

Working...
                                X