2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We are better tha Furman every year. They had their best team in their history and we beat them in the NIT. We were way better last year than Furman and I’ll go out on a limb and say that even with the big turn over and 7 transfers, we will be better next year than Furman. You’re just wrong.
    Wrong about what? I never posted that Furman is better than WSU. What I posted is that I hope Marshall retires at age 60. Unfortunately the contract that WSU gave him provides Marshall with IMO total leverage. Unless Marshall can be fired for cause (clever lawyer might have done something with seven transferees), extremely unlikely WSU would/could pay the necessary separation fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Wrong about what? I never posted that Furman is better than WSU. What I posted is that I hope Marshall retires at age 60. Unfortunately the contract that WSU gave him provides Marshall with IMO total leverage. Unless Marshall can be fired for cause (clever lawyer might have done something with seven transferees), extremely unlikely WSU would/could pay the necessary separation fee.
      Here is a simple request: STFU

With all due respect.

Comment

• I graduated from KMC in 1972. Took the six year programs to get through, but probably in the same class as Shcoker76,
        I have never heard of a bigger whiner than this guy.
        Does he even LIKE WSU?
        Does he even root for them?

Grow up a little buddy.
        Marshall has taken us to the promised land in the last 10 years.
        Better than Gene Smithson.
        Better than Ralph Miller.

Come on, you must see that.

Why bag on the guy, what do you dislike about him?

As to some no-name coach from Furman being better than Marshall, that is simply a joke.

If you are going to comment, at least make rational comments.

I don't care if you hate Marshall or not, he will be back on top.
        Probably next year, definitely the year after.

As I have said previously, and I just got through watching the WSU KU game from 2015.
        Even Wessel was the least physically talented guy on the floor.
        But Self said afterwards he was the best player on the floor.

Marshall tried to have an "all star" team of four star recruits, but had no seniors (only one JC guy who everybody LOVES, Ech).

So he lost his process, having Seniors who tell the freshmen to shut up and practice hard, and learn the Shocker systemm and stay for four years and prosper.

When Marshall goes back to it, which he undoubtedly will, we will be FINE.

Remember, we beat Gonzaga, KU, Indiana, Ohio State, and many more "Power 5" conference teams with our assortment of 2 and 3 star players because we had a system.

Marshall will get back to the system and we will be fine.

I will predict that all of the guys who transfer may have good college careers, but will miss out on the toughness and integrity Marshall would have taught them, and
        will not post great careers in the NBA.

DD on the other hand, and Ettiene will be fine. They are men who are loyal to their commitments and will prosper

I have run many businesses before retiring and I always fired malcontents. Let em go, WSU basketball existed before these six nimrods and will prosper going forward.

As to Shocker76, grow up or go soak your head, you are full of it.

Comment

• Will you all stop trolling 76. Nothing good can ever come from that. It's so much nicer when his thoughts are just bouncing around inside his own head, instead of being shed like dandruff for all to see.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I bet you're around the same age as my dad. I love my dad.

I get it-- it's frustrating to see a team you love (seemingly) succumb to the pressure of a new conference. When you're first place in the Valley every other year, it's hard to finish fourth in a objectively better conference.

The only consolation I can offer is--be patient. Have faith in a coach that lead Wichita State to a Final Four.

Also, move to bonds.

Comment

• A consistent first-place team in the Valley should have a realistic expectation of the finishes we've had in the AAC. The VanVleet-Baker-Cotton years and a F4 may have given us a confidence based on a fairly small sample size. We're consistently "good" and sometimes "very, very good".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• Is Vegas taking wagers that WSU will finish with a better record than any of the new teams our players are going too? With GM and our incoming players and TE and DD, I’d take that action!

Comment

Why is WSU better than Furman, given that Furman has a much more successful and better coach?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why is WSU better than Furman, given that Furman has a much more successful and better coach?
                      Clearly players like Alterique Gilbert and Trey McGowens don't know what's best for them...

Why aren't they considering Furman, instead of WSU???
                      The Assman

Comment

Maybe Fever, 46 and Melvin will find the following information of interest:

WSU lost seven undergraduate players to transfer while Furman lost 1 graduate player

WSU transferees played in 168 games while Furman transferee played in 30 games

WSU transferees started 65 games while Furman transferee started 0 games

WSU transferees logged 2,982 minutes played while Furman transferee logged 567 minutes

WSU transferees scored 1,063 points while Furman transferee scored 100 points

WSU transferees captured 460 rebounds while Furman transferee captured 101 rebounds

IMO WSU clearly lost the heart of its team while Furman lost a player who was not a significant contributor. While I pray that Marshall will be able to recruit comparable or superior players to those who left, I am not confident that he will be able to do so. Time and next season will tell us if he does.
                        I wouldn't say we lost the "heart" of this team. Four of them were not key contributors to this team. Two others were whiners who always cried to their daddies. I'd say we lost the left atrium and left ventricle, not the entire "heart" however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Clearly players like Alterique Gilbert and Trey McGowens don't know what's best for them...

Are you saying Trey McGowens name is attached to Wichita?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Solid "Post"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

I wouldn't say we lost the "heart" of this team. Four of them were not key contributors to this team. Two others were whiners who always cried to their daddies. I'd say we lost the left atrium and left ventricle, not the entire "heart" however.
                              Nothing that a 'non-invasive' surgery won't take care of...

I've liked another one of your posts; must be Armageddon...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X