2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I'm hoping AM does the same. If he ends up being our starting center next year, it's going to be a long season.
    He doesn't need to leave... So please quit saying that. I agree he should not start... But we need to keep players who want to be here. We need a full squad and players that can help our culture.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• As more and more tidbits come to light, I'm starting to wonder about two things

1) There was speculation here that the only "safe" shot was the one that had to be taken with the shot clock running down. that is starting to seem that it could have been true. That could have made for some tough film sessions.

2) I'm starting to think that team ***** (term for female dog blocked) session after the Houston game may have been an incredibly bad idea. If meetings like that backfire, they backfire in a huge way.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          As more and more tidbits come to light, I'm starting to wonder about two things

1) There was speculation here that the only "safe" shot was the one that had to be taken with the shot clock running down. that is starting to seem that it could have been true. That could have made for some tough film sessions.

2) I'm starting to think that team ***** session after the Houston game may have been an incredibly bad idea. If meetings like that backfire, they backfire in a huge way.
          1. If they would have played together and run the damn offense it wouldn’t’ve been an issue.

2. It was enough to keep the team from flying apart mid season. The damage was already done.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I hope he stays as well; question: can you teach speed? His "one mistake" seemed to be that he was about a half beat off on timing for defense.
            I don't disagree with you, but we had a lot of guys making that "one mistake" who stayed in the game. Just sayin'.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              AM is licking his chops. Playing time here I come...
              asiseeit just creamed.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Okay but we went 1-1 with Memphis and could have very easily gone 1-1 or even 2-0 with Cincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Comment

• Comment

• And here I thought Memphis for sure was going to be the biggest conference dumpsterfire for the season, ugh.

On the flip side, for some reason Marshall's interview made me a little more optimistic, maybe I'm just grasping for something positive and hoping we move forward smarter and better prepared for our basketball program. I dunno if any juco big men like Jaime are out there, but if we find one, and then a couple decent athletes that can shoot, and everyone can buy in, next year might not be as dire as we think. That's a lot of ifs, but it's not unthinkable, either.

Go Shox, and I hope the coaching staff digs deep for a long offseason, I still have faith.

Edit: oh yeah, probably need a dude with handles that can pass, too, kinda spaced on that lol.

Comment

• Once we sign some players... Things will get better

Comment

• Udeze wasn't the answer. Outside of his ability to finish at the rim and take a couple charges he didnt do ANYTHING else good. He had horrible defense where his best move was to foul. He didn't rebound worth a damn. He was horrible at free throws.

This one doesnt surprise me or bother me much. The ONLY reason it bothers me even the slightest is because of the sheer number of players leaving. Individually they each had warts and things I wont miss. Collectively is where it hurts for the immediate future.

That said, Marshall admitted to some things. We will see if he is true to his word that he needs to change some things and adapt. He has earned a chance to make good on that. So I will see what he can do. I also realize this wont happen in 1 year. However, that doesnt mean that we cant start to see some changes immediately. It will be an interesting off season.

Also, I dont give a damn about stars. We had 2 star players that played much better and harder than these that are leaving. Length and athleticism is nice, but they still have to play ball.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I hope he sticks around. If ever there was a positive dude to have around the program it’s him. We have enough open scholarships to find replacements.
                            Shockers are playing this summer near where AM grew up. I think he will stick around for that. Plus it will give all the newcomers a chance to play together before the season starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

Shockers are playing this summer near where AM grew up. I think he will stick around for that. Plus it will give all the newcomers a chance to play together before the season starts.
                              Gotta figure that summer trip is in serious doubt at this point but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

This. We can’t run anybody off who has proven he can take HCGM.
                                yep

Comment

Working...
                                X