2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    So eloquent. ..such strange times! I wish we could just quietly move along and cease trying to figure this out! What's done is done and this situation is getting both pathetic and sad...

Comment

• Ohio State's projected starting PG is transferring after being an impact player as a Fr. OSU is looking at Burton to replace him.

Ohio State's backcourt void in the Buckeyes backcourt and Jervay Green's transfers are included in the first edition of the Big Ten Basketball Notebook.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Interesting comments from Burton. Doesn't talk a whole lot of work to read between the lines. I always believe that there is two sides to every story, so who knows how much of what he says is really damning of the current coaching situation. Seems he thinks he wasn't given a truthful assessment coming in. Might be a situation where in trying to keep everyone happy, no one was. I have a feeling that things are just different now with the ease of player movement and the age of instant gratification has changed players wanting to wait and prove themselves.

Comment

• Love Keyser!

Comment

• GGG's setting himself up if he says that "trying to keep everyone happy" is the reason that the offense was so wretched. But, he had to have some excuse.

He's implying next year the offense will be better? Ok.

Comment

• Having been through the recruiting process once already, Burton says he now knows what to look for in order to find the perfect spot for him.

“Now I am paying attention more to the coach’s personality,..........."

seems damning

Comment

• I said this in another thread, but I’ll say it again.

It’s like Gordon Gekko said: “and if you need a friend, get a dog”.

—————

I also like what someone mentioned about Leonard Hamilton’s philosophy:

We do things a certain way in this program. Don’t complain or have your parents/mentors complain for you. We play team ball. We play the WSU style and way.

If you are in, welcome; we’d love to have you. If you don’t like it, don’t come; we don’t need you.
                The Assman

Comment

• This CAN'T be true .. no way anyone would want to transfer away from Bob Richey!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This CAN'T be true .. no way anyone would want to transfer away from Bob Richey!!
                    Oh no you didn’t! Just when 76 had finally STFU, you go and stir the pot! LMAO

Comment

This CAN'T be true .. no way anyone would want to transfer away from Bob Richey!!
                      It appears Bob Richey has a player retention problem.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Childish post; will you follow it up with a childish taunt?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It appears Bob Richey has a player retention problem.
                          Fever I called the Greenville newspaper to ask what they thought of Tre's departure; they don't plan an expose.

Unlike you and 46, I guess when Furman loses a red shirt reserve player who didn't start a game this past season Furman's President and the City of Greenville don't view his departure as an important event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Fever I called the Greenville newspaper to ask what they thought of Tre's departure; they don't plan an expose.

Unlike you and 46, I guess when Furman loses a red shirt reserve player who didn't start a game this past season Furman's President and the City of Greenville don't view his departure as an important event.
                            What? lol

Comment

• Maybe Fever, 46 and Melvin will find the following information of interest:

WSU lost seven undergraduate players to transfer while Furman lost 1 graduate player

WSU transferees played in 168 games while Furman transferee played in 30 games

WSU transferees started 65 games while Furman transferee started 0 games

WSU transferees logged 2,982 minutes played while Furman transferee logged 567 minutes

WSU transferees scored 1,063 points while Furman transferee scored 100 points

WSU transferees captured 460 rebounds while Furman transferee captured 101 rebounds

IMO WSU clearly lost the heart of its team while Furman lost a player who was not a significant contributor. While I pray that Marshall will be able to recruit comparable or superior players to those who left, I am not confident that he will be able to do so. Time and next season will tell us if he does.
                              Last edited by Shocker1976; March 23, 2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                                Maybe Fever, 46 and Melvin will find the following information of interest:

WSU lost seven undergraduate players to transfer while Furman lost 1 graduate player

WSU transferees played in 168 games while Furman transferee played in 30 games

WSU transferees started 65 games while Furman transferee started 0 games

WSU transferees logged 2,982 minutes played while Furman transferee logged 567 minutes

WSU transferees scored 1,063 points while Furman transferee scored 100 points

WSU transferees captured 460 rebounds while Furman transferee captured 101 rebounds

IMO WSU clearly lost the heart of its team while Furman lost a player who was not a significant contributor. While I pray that Marshall will be able to recruit comparable or superior players to those who left, I am not confident that he will be able to do so. Time and next season will tell us if he does.
                                We are better tha Furman every year. They had their best team in their history and we beat them in the NIT. We were way better last year than Furman and I’ll go out on a limb and say that even with the big turn over and 7 transfers, we will be better next year than Furman. You’re just wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X