2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
    purge for toughness. this team had some nice parts abut a lot of problems.
    if we have anymore leave which Taylor says is very possible, the nice parts might start looking around and thinking "we are not going to be very good next year, perhaps I better get out of here too"

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      purge for toughness. this team had some nice parts abut a lot of problems.
      You didn't think JB had toughness???

Comment

• I remember hearing about there being two factions on the team. Goes we know who was on what faction...

Comment

• Don’t know what everyone has their panties in a bunch over... we lost some two and three star guys, with a 4 star and hidden gem chomping at the bit. The cream will rise. I’m not concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Who knows? However, Taylor was just on The Drive and said the players loved each other and had good relationships. I took that to mean the problems were more player vs coaching staff issues. He also said there could be a few more coming. Here check it out:

https://kfh.radio.com/media/audio-ch...cker-transfers
            The players banded together as a "brotherhood" to finish the season in spite of the coaching staff. This is a gut punch for the future of the program.

Comment

• I can see both sides.

I'm sure GM is a grade A *****.

I'm also sure that if you bust your ass, put the team first and can handle his B.S. he would run through a wall for you too.

And there is a good chance you will go to the tourney.

GM aint gonna change. And there have been a lot of guys who have stuck around 4 years.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                I mean its one thing to go intellectually AWOL when this happens after one lone season, but when it becomes a multi-year trendline its not irrational to wonder WTF is up.
                Intellectually AWOL is not acknowledging that we got blitzed by a series of unlikely circumstances three years ago.

-Shamet left early for the NBA, first player to do so in his tenure.
                -One of best players and future team leaders transferred allegedly due to some bizarre circumstances that coach tried unsuccessfully to smooth over.
                -Our prized jewel, 4* PG of the future decommited months before the season began to go to a conference rival who just happened to hire a guy he referred to as a father figure.
                -Our version of Jaron Cumberland was denied immediate eligibility in an era where players are granted exceptions like bathroom passes. Not to mention, a year later they changed the transfer rule which would have made him immediate eligible no matter what Bob Huggins fat ass said.
                -Every Marshall haters savior, Chris Jans, was made associate head coach at WSU only to get an offer for the NMSU job a short time later. Marshall, as with Lomax, did the right thing and sent both off with his blessing.
                -Oh yeah, and a team who was two wins away from getting back to the NCAA tourney had their season cancelled due to one of the most insane situations many of us have ever witnessed.

Yes, we’re still trying to recover from those things. They were devastating because they all happened at once.

And yet through all that our record in the last two years is 45-23 overall, 24-12 AAC, NIT semifinal, and a we’ll never know what would have happened because of ****ing caronavirus.

So let me ask. I’ve heard that our players aren’t good enough. I’ve heard our coach sucks or is past his prime. Then how the hell did we accomplish what we have? ****ing magic?
                Last edited by pie n eye; March 14, 2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• This is not good. You cant spin it otherwise. And if Marshall and the staff was indeed shocked means he doesnt have anything "up his sleeve"

Sorry, but this lands squarely on Marshall. He obviously is a great coach. But he cant be handling personnel properly to lose this quality of players again. It isnt a minutes thing. So it has to be him.

We will not be good next year. Especially if he was blind sided.

On the plus side, I suppose, is that all the sunshine pumpers on here can still hang their hat on our "youth" for at least another year......

Now cue the "Well then go ahead and jump off the bandwagon" remarks......lol
                  Last edited by shockerfan; March 13, 2020, 06:56 PM.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Ok these buzzkills need to stop happening. I want to always believe the best in our team but this is becoming an annual tradition. Maybe chemistry was an issue, but why is it happening again with a whole new group? Coach isn’t the only hard-nosed guy in the world of coaching. What is going on with our Shocks?

Comment

• n/m
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        n/m
                        Once in the portal can they change their mind.

Comment

• As to the matter of Jamie being pulled out of the Tulsa game with over 3 minutes left, the way I understood Coach to explain it on his show was that we were on a defensive run and Jamie had 4 fouls. Coach took Jamie out so he wouldn't run the risk of fouling out of his last game because Coach wanted to give Jamie the sendoff he deserved. SO he pulled Jamie out to protect him that last few minutes then put him back in so he could have his senior moment. Jamie looked confused when Coach pulled him out so soon but once it was explained to him he was okay with it and understood. Let this drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Winning was the mixer which allowed it all to work.
                            Not so much as Jans & Heier. They preceded the winning and perpetuated it for a time. Their exits preceded where we are now and their absence is perpetuating our problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post

Once in the portal can they change their mind.
                              I do not know the answer! I do know these 5 players sprinted to get out! They are not coming back!

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X