2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    At least two more that I wouldn't be surprised to hear are next.
    Poor Bear and Mo?

Comment

• So the five are ES, JB, NF, DG and TB ?

Comment

• So...I guess this is all part of the "special season" we were peddled. I am not surprised in the least to lose ES, NF, DG, and TB (don't even remember him playing). I am only a little surprised about JB. No, it's not because I'm prescient. It is because we knew that there were MAJOR problems with this team...some of us were even vocal about it (but were told that we were too negative) MONTHS ago. The timing of this shows that this has been considered for awhile. So much was held so close to the vest although even a casual basketball fan could see there were major problems ever since the win at home vs. Memphis. Things were marginal at UCONN and then awful at Temple and at home vs. Houston (that was a debacle). We were told a meeting had taken place afterwards...guess it did no good. And there was the 2nd debacle in Houston...and the running sprints until they talked. To be honest, it felt bush league then...like the Coach didn't have a handle on his team....that the players he recruited were not ones that were buying into his system or to this program. Many of us saw this...and yes, we did talk about it...but thoughts along this line were dismissed at just being negative. This is actually the 2nd year out of 3 where we find out, at the end of the season, that there were issues with the team. HCGM has some explaining to go. HE recruited these players. HE coached the team. HE is ultimately responsible. The buck and examination must stop at the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          Marshall's coaching style hasn't changed since he's been here. If players didn't like the way he coaches them, these problems would have shown up long before now. Maybe he's just not recruiting the right kind of players for his style of coaching.
          Since we are speculating I’ll say that Donnie Jones and other coaches who came and went too quickly screwed up recruiting chemistry and brought in a group that didn’t mesh well.
          this doesn’t have to be systemic or complex. It just happens sometimes.

Comment

• Makes me feel extra bad for JE that he had to put up with this bulls***t.

He was a good solider.
            The Assman

Comment

• lol proshox just tweeted at Bob Lutz on their show
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                Makes me feel extra bad for JE that he had to put up with this bulls***t.

He was a good solider.
                He had a big heart and it showed. One of my favorite players. He loved WSU and Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

He had a big heart and it showed. One of my favorite players. He loved WSU and Wichita.
                  … and sure didn't seem to have a problem with coach Marshall's coaching.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• So...

Who we got coming in next year?

So long as TE don't leave, I'm good.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Caller on The Drive, "Marshall has something up his sleeve" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                        Caller on The Drive, "Marshall has something up his sleeve" lol
                        3G must be one hell of a magician...

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                          Since we are speculating I’ll say that Donnie Jones and other coaches who came and went too quickly screwed up recruiting chemistry and brought in a group that didn’t mesh well.
                          I hope that is the reasons and seems possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                            Caller on The Drive, "Marshall has something up his sleeve" lol
                            Probably a flask....
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                              Speaking of warm bodies....

Comment

• Coaches show Monday? Will MK bring it up?
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X