2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Marshall's coaching style hasn't changed since he's been here. If players didn't like the way he coaches them, these problems would have shown up long before now. Maybe he's just not recruiting the right kind of players for his style of coaching.
    As I said above, the AAC is a different level of stress than the Valley. My guess is that Marshall has run a little more hot on average over the last 3 years.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• According to those within the program, they were shocked to learn of the number of transfers on Friday.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• All I need to know is that, in the last game of the year, JE got a visible ass-chewing when he was pulled from the game with around 3 or 4 minutes left and said goodbye to the other players on the court, reasonably thinking that was it for his senior season.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• 1976 is gonna love this thread.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think it's a pretty deep combo of things, to come to this point, including Marshall's histrionics, jealousy and Eric's dad but no matter....NEXT year might be a good time to get better seats....

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Bill Self still seems to get away with it... he can cuss out a player with the best. Of course 'highly compensated' 5-Star players will put up with a lot.
              Bill Self moves on quickly. He makes his point loud and clear.

HCGM seems to stay fixated on things until something gives.

Comment

• I don't think we can underestimate the quality of assistant coaches we had for a years which probably helped tone down Marshall and provide support for the players.

This news is extremely unfortunate. We may have been able to win the league with Reeves this year. We might have gone back to back to back if we kept our players.

Ultimately, we may need to adjust our recruiting strategy and stop leaning so much on freshmen. If we constantly see our young core leave, we will never get to that experienced roster that can make waves in and out of conference.

We need to be snapping up Malcolm Armsteads and Carl Halls, instead of gambling that the Austin Reeves of the world will grow into Bakers. And we need to find a positive, player's first assistant of high quality.

I want to see as many JuCos and 5th year transfers as possible next year, with a smaller freshman class.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  1976 is gonna love this thread.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    All I need to know is that, in the last game of the year, JE got a visible ass-chewing when he was pulled from the game with around 3 or 4 minutes left and said goodbye to the other players on the court, reasonably thinking that was it for his senior season.
                    I don’t think so. With about 3 minutes, GM was explaining to him amid his protest, that he was going back in with a minute left so he could exit as a Senior.

Comment

• As quickly as this happened, I believe these players already had their minds made up before heading to Ft. Worth. I doubt very seriously that any post-season success would have stopped it. Winning cures a lot of ills, yes, but I have to think the root of the issue(s) for the players leaving run deeper. For whatever reason, they just weren't happy at WSU or didn't see an avenue for reaching their goals.

Comment

• The rebuild that started after Shamet and Reaves (+ al those seniors) begins again. Depressing.

Hope Dex and Tyson are cool with the rebuild continuing.

Just a brutal end to an already miserable week. And I'm sure we are not done yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          Marshall's coaching style hasn't changed since he's been here. If players didn't like the way he coaches them, these problems would have shown up long before now. Maybe he's just not recruiting the right kind of players for his style of coaching.
                          Winning was the mixer which allowed it all to work.

Comment

• FWIW, here is my take. DD is a great player but when he left for whatever unknown reason and then returned after about
                            2-3 weeks things changed. My theory is that the transferring players, and even a few others, thought GM gave DD special
                            treatment allowing him to come back. Then GS gets what some might think is special treatment, as well. It all boils down
                            to having a different set of rules for different players, at least, that is what I am thinking. I know this is pure theory on my part
                            and I don't have any inside knowledge but I have talked to many friends who played ball that have said you absolutely HAVE
                            to apply the same set of rules to every player or there will be an unhappy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              As quickly as this happened, I believe these players already had their minds made up before heading to Ft. Worth. I doubt very seriously that any post-season success would have stopped it. Winning cures a lot of ills, yes, but I have to think the root of the issue(s) for the players leaving run deeper. For whatever reason, they just weren't happy at WSU or didn't see an avenue for reaching their goals.
                              Yep, spot on. Still disturbing to see Burton leave. The coaching staff has a lot of work to do (that they can’t do right now). We have 3 warm bodies at the 5 unless someone makes a huge leap.

Comment

• At least two more that I wouldn't be surprised to hear are next.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X