No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, seems players today would rather be a star and lose than be a team and win.

It’s sad.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That aint it. He was the grown up. Not the hot head. If he left it was for reasons he chose not to share. But, again, it is not a case of one upmanship.
      After reading the article, I’d say it’s pretty simple. JB wanted to be the primary PG and Marshall didn’t see it that way. The three point guards weren’t happy and decided to leave... probably lost some confidence in the coaching staff along the way and all wanted a fresh start.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
        So if anyone cares about my opinion, this is sort of what I was looking for. I'd been critical of coach the last few days as this all went down, but it looks like he's open to learning and changing, so long as it leads to improvement. That's all I can ask for.

Let's get some ballers in here and crush it next year.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

So if anyone cares about my opinion, this is sort of what I was looking for. I'd been critical of coach the last few days as this all went down, but it looks like he's open to learning and changing, so long as it leads to improvement. That's all I can ask for.

Let's get some ballers in here and crush it next year.
          Hopefully all he has learned is how to better identify those players who only want self accolades, and skip them for those who want to win as part of a team.

You come to Wichita State to win, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

After reading the article, I’d say it’s pretty simple. JB wanted to be the primary PG and Marshall didn’t see it that way. The three point guards weren’t happy and decided to leave... probably lost some confidence in the coaching staff along the way and all wanted a fresh start.
            a result of uneven classes

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My guess is that JB didn't even want to play PG. He played PG some in high school and play it here for two years, but that really wasn't his position. I think he saw that he'd have to play PG again and didn't want to be in that situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That aint it. He was the grown up. Not the hot head. If he left it was for reasons he chose not to share. But, again, it is not a case of one upmanship.
                You are probably right for the most part. I have heard that he created some drama to people outside the program and his family. However, that is probably true of other and maybe most players. I’m from old school but I like it better when players and coaches keep things in house.

Comment

• I said it before and I’ll say it again after reading that article—3G’s back is against the wall, and he knows all eyes are on him. This is a career defining moment. I expect him to rise to the occasion.

Comment

• On this proposed transfer rule, wasn't it mentioned that they will get one freebie basically and then any transfers after that will be difficult?

Comment

• Coach spoke and I’m glad to hear it. Excellent article. He took responsibility for some things and explained a lot. Good on him. Bring on next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You are probably right for the most part. I have heard that he created some drama to people outside the program and his family. However, that is probably true of other and maybe most players. I’m from old school but I like it better when players and coaches keep things in house.
                        Marshall did or JB? What kind of drama?

Comment

• To me, sounds like JB felt he had earned the PG reigns and did not like that 3G was grooming GS and NF to take over, sliding JB over to the wing, GS and NF both started a number of games and JB felt the writing was on the wall. As for NF and GS, they both were recruited when we were having a horrible season. The pitch from 3G was “we need a legit PG on this team. Look at what we have, we need you”. I am certain he told this to both NF and TE as it was in the paper following the massacre at UConn when they were HS commits. When they (NF and GS) got to WSU, JB was much improved and the starting spot was not handed to them like they suspected it would be. It’s too bad these kids can’t handle a little competition, as it makes them better in the long run. I just have a feeling that they’re gonna find that the grass isn’t greener in whatever pasture they end up at.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

My guess is that JB didn't even want to play PG. He played PG some in high school and play it here for two years, but that really wasn't his position. I think he saw that he'd have to play PG again and didn't want to be in that situation.
                            No, JB wanted to be the full time starter at point and was losing minutes to underclassmen.

Comment

• It’s funny. It’s seems like what WSU has was too many players thinks they were Chiefs and not Indians.

What the real issue was is, they had too many Indians and no Chiefs.

Hopefully, Dex and Tyson will be real Chiefs next season.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

This is not it...I don't know why Burton left... But this is not it...

Comment

Working...
                                X