No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU had a 4 early in Marshall’s stint that went JUCO then played for Tulsa. Very similar to Rod Brown if I remember correctly

it was Calvin Walls, under Turg
    Last edited by Shoxing Me Softly; April 19, 2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Ricky Ross, ‘81
      Calvin Walls, ‘04
      Corey Henderson, ‘15 WSU KenPom- 13, ‘16 Tulsa KenPom- 65
      Rod Brown, ‘19 WSU KenPom- 66, ‘20 Tulsa KenPom- 80

WSU isn’t exactly leaving scraps on the table.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Ricky went to juco in California before he went to Tulsa. Marin Co. He scored tons of points then finished at TU.

Comment

• Tyler Harris in the portal.

Comment

• So much for father figure blablablah! Playtime is more important.

Comment

• Too be fair, that was more with A Lo.

Harris seemed destined to go to Ames, until Penny got the Memphis job.
              The Assman

Comment

• Memphis PG Tyler Harris announces his intent to transfer. Outside looking in, this is a stunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                  Memphis PG Tyler Harris announces his intent to transfer. Outside looking in, this is a stunner.

https://twitter.com/iamyoungty1/stat...851008515?s=21
                  I think that Landers kid is committing to Memphis today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

Somebody tweeted that as well. Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                      Memphis PG Tyler Harris announces his intent to transfer. Outside looking in, this is a stunner.

https://twitter.com/iamyoungty1/stat...851008515?s=21
                      His minutes dipped last year. All of their other guards are staying at this point so no reason to expect him getting more minutes and as we've seen some players aren't happy with 20-25 minutes a game.

Comment

• Penny needed Harris and Lomax to start the Memphis pipeline. Once he started getting the 5* kids, he didn’t need them as much. Lomax is a competitor though, I’d take him.

Comment

WSU had a 4 early in Marshall’s stint that went JUCO then played for Tulsa. Very similar to Rod Brown if I remember correctly

it was Calvin Walls, under Turg
                          It's interesting that this comment received so much attention.

I made a glib, Tongue In Cheek, sarcastic comment that Gordon would end up at Tulsa after Pin (i think) commented that he needed juco to bring up his game. The sarcasm (and I thought a little humor) came from the fact that it had happened where we had player(s) who had difficulty gaining traction for the Shox, and then their track went from juco, to Tulsa. They were good players and if I spend very much time thinking about it, I'm for them that they had success, but I was taking a Jab at Tulsa more than aiming it at a player. I guess that it's all in how a person views it but that was my intention.

Comment

I've seen him on a bunch of mock drafts but 90% have him going early to mid 2nd round. Maybe he wanted to be a a solid first rounder before making the jump.

BTW, I think he has an overly involved dad like some others we know.
                            Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 20, 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I've seen him on a bunch of mock drafts but 90% have him going early to mid 2nd round. Maybe he wanted to be a a solid first rounder before making the jump.

BTW, I think he has an overly involved dad like some others we know.
                              Will definitely be interesting. There is a lot of talent on that team. Supposedly another one of the dads already told Penny he didn't want his son playing the position that he played in this year (Dandridge i think? ). So far it's lots of talent, no results and no one besides the guys that came in as lottery picks anywhere near the NBA. I'm sure Penny sold them on getting them to the NBA. We will see if he can manage the personalities well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                Too be fair, that was more with A Lo.

Harris seemed destined to go to Ames, until Penny got the Memphis job.
                                If I recall correctly, whatever site does that "crystal ball" prediction (247 Sports?) had Harris coming to WSU before he picked Memphis.

EDIT: Yep. https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...018-to-memphis
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X