Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of a run in the NIT for this team might be helpful going into next year.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      The only team that I believe is clearly better than us is UH. We are capable of beating any of the others on a given night.
      Obviously, tonight wasn't one of those nights. We have not hit on all cylinders more than a couple halves for awhile.
      Hopefully, we can get on a roll. If not, NIT could be better for us than going one and out at the big dance especially if we
      could make it back to NYC and beat a couple of P5 schools along the way.
      Are we at this point? Where making the NIT so we can play more games is ok? Why play more mediocre P5 schools, we did that in the non-conference.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        I'm a lot more pessimistic on this year's team making a major run than last year, which came into postseason on the upbeat and had reliable scorers.

​​​​​​Can this team string together multiple games of 60 points, 40/30/70 shooting? I don't think they have guns, and that is the minimum to win these types of games.

I see Memphis and Temple as the level of team we'd have to be able to beat, even in round 1 of the NIT (let alone a play-in game in the NCAA). And certainly don't feel stronger than in January.

No question, I'd prefer a single game in the NCAA. If nothing else, for Echinique's sake.

Comment

i don’t think they will that make that long of run in the NIT. They don’t look like they are all that enthused about post-season play and may be just wanting to get this season over so they can move on based on the body language.

I said shooting. Beside last year this is one of Marshall worst shooting teams ever, and one of the worst in the NCAA. If they were just an average team shooting imagine what the perception of this team be.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            If I could have picked one more, I would have also picked Youth of Team.
            Compared to Memphis?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

You are def trolling

Comment

Hopefully, we can get on a roll. If not, NIT could be better for us than going one and out at the big dance especially if we
                could make it back to NYC and beat a couple of P5 teams
                Dude you can't be serious. If we're allowed to decline NIT we should. The sooner this season is over the better.

Comment

WARNING. DOWNER POST INCOMING.

This team is brutal. One of the most infuriating things I can see in a game is when the team busts its ass on defense and gets a stop--rebound, turnover, whatever--then either takes a horrible shot or makes a horrible pass or travels or steps out of bounds or otherwise bungles it on the ensuing possession.

I have been infuriated a lot this year.

There's a lot wrong with this team right now. The 40-12 run to beat SMU was the exception to the norm. The norm is missing open shots, missing layups, making bad passes, making bad shots. Our good defense anymore relies on the other team missing its open shots. Ech is the only player on this team you can count on; others will be good one game (or good for a few minutes in one game) then no good the next. Some haven't been good in a very long time.

The problems with this team go from top to bottom. The guy getting paid to figure out the problems throws his hands up and says he doesn't know what to do. I can think of over 3 millions reasons he should figure it out. Blaming "millennials" is a bullshit excuse when, as near as I can tell, every other college basketball team in the country is made up of players from the same generation.

Just seems like this team's chemistry issues are eerily similar to the '17-18 team's, and I have to look at what the common denominators are when the two teams have two entirely different groups of players.

This team is trending downward. I'd say that last year's early March team would beat this year's early March team handily. I'm not seeing much of anything to grab onto for hope. There has been little to no consistency in anything good we can muster, so if a player starts draining shots or playing well, I can't feel like it will be anything longer than a half or maybe a full game, then by the next game that player will be bad again.

But I guess I'm not paid to figure this all out. I just hope the guys who are have an idea of what to do, even though they go on the radio and say they don't.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

The only team that I believe is clearly better than us is UH. We are capable of beating any of the others on a given night.
                    Obviously, tonight wasn't one of those nights. We have not hit on all cylinders more than a couple halves for awhile.
                    could make it back to NYC and beat a couple of P5 schools along the way.
                    There's only one take that can be worse than your AM takes and that is saying that the NIT would be more beneficial to this program than the NCAA Tournament. Good effing Lord.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Primary issue (problem)???

1. - Dinasour offensive strategy in a much more athletic conference.

2.- A really good coach and man who doesn't...and won't recruit "in the slop" (good for him and the program by the way).

3. Hard to recruit to Kansas playing by the rules (see #2).
                      Last edited by AZ Shocker; March 6, 2020, 01:21 AM.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Roster is way too unbalanced... would be nice to have few more seniors and juniors... There really is no real leader or anyone to take over when in trouble... Stevenson was showing that... But Lord knows what happened to this locker room...all I know is it don't take much to break up team chemistry... egos, playing time, alliances... Whatever. Transfers or changes will come... Like any other year and program

Comment

Been saying it since the beginning of the season, this team needs a good consistent point guard. We have ball handlers, not point guards. Someone who is going to set up an offense and run a play to get someone open.

Comment

I get that quality big men are hard to find, but PGs are everywhere. We need a quality PG on this team, it’s like playing football with your 2nd string quarterback. Somewhere along the line 3G got away from the “we don’t recruit backups” mentality because we have a team full of backups right now.

Comment

Erik's dad posted this on facebook:

87761371_10158415439211414_8411926103299457024_n.jpg

"If you all only knew."

Dude, post the receipts or don't post anything at all.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

There are only five teams in the top 25 that have five losses or less. I think many teams are having odd issues this year.

Is it old coaches with millennial players?

We have issues for sure but not that far off a AAC regular season championship.

We aren’t losing to Tulsa. Obviously Houston has shown a lot of vulnerability recently.

I’m not sugar coating.

Comment

Working...
                                X