Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news in all this is that we can get the 4 seed and be on the opposite bracket of UH so long as UH beats Memphis on Sunday.

Comment

Posts from the likes of 76, Topshock, rjl, BOBB and several others still leave me wondering about their true motives
      regarding our program and whether they have our best interests in mind. ABC just made a sensible post stating that
      many teams are having issues. I personally don't like the new transfer rule as I feel it could lead to way too many of them.
      I'm fearful we could loose a player or two that mole like posters are trying to run off to hurt our program. I can see it and
      am wondering if others can, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The good news in all this is that we can get the 4 seed and be on the opposite bracket of UH so long as UH beats Memphis on Sunday.
        and we beat Tulsa but that would be a good scenario if it happens

Comment

After last night, it is so much better reading the posts by you guys today about what is wrong with our guys. This tells me who the real shocker fans are. Everybody seems to have some constructive criticisms. That is good. This is so much better than reading troll posts that have been invading this site recently. Last night our guys seem to play without energy. Not sure what caused that. Sigh hope they figure it out.

Comment

All hope is still not lost, although it’s hanging in the balance.

Win on Sunday and win two in the AAC tournament
            and we have a real shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
              Erik's dad posted this on facebook:

87761371_10158415439211414_8411926103299457024_n.jpg

"If you all only knew."

Dude, post the receipts or don't post anything at all.
              Yeah I’m guessing this is a take on 3GS coaching style...with that said you have to have some sort of sense of what you’re signing up for. I could also be way off base.

Comment

Thinking on things more, it does appear that there is a locker room problem. The team has been tight-lipped, but Dexter and Sherfield have attempted to leave the team mid-season and we've seen a lot of starters benched. With Stevenson in particular, it seems like locker room issues contributed.

Granted, we often still play harder than last year so it clearly isn't just an issue of apathy or ennui. And I don't think locker room problems make us miss open shots. But it does feel like a cloud hanging over the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Yup while we may now need to beat Tulsa and win 2 in the AAC tourney to get in for sure ... the path to get to that just got easier thanks to UCONN of all teams.

Comment

I picked the talent level in the poll, but I think a big chunk of this year's results lie with the coaching. Just a guess. I know that coaches talk to each other during the off season; I wonder if 3G has a mentor-like figure in his group that he might turn to or listen to advice from? If you think about it, every since that Marshall game a couple of years ago, things have seemed different around the program. This season is just a tough one to figure out.

Comment

I wonder if Erik's dad and supporters have ever thought that maybe this team does not want to be lead by him. I can see where that would create a team chemistry issue. I have read on this board so many times that it disgust me that the shocks should let him lead even when he is not playing well. That he should play more even when his play has been terrible. The post up above on the facebook that says Erick was the leader the shocks needed until the coaching staff beat the will out of him is so typical from his fan base. Its not Erik's fault he is not the leader, its the coaches fault. Further, that the shocks can not win without him. The post by his loyal fan that said that WSU could not beat SMU without Erik having a great game is what we have heard and read all year. WTF Where does this kind of thinking come from?

There is no I in team. Leadership is not just given to a certain person. It is earned. A team will follow a real leader.

Comment

It is absolutely ridiculous that ES’s dad had that public post.

as some one posted above you don’t get to decide if you are the leader.

it strikes me that sentimentality might be a huge part of the problem. “Cancer” is a word that comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Posts from the likes of 76, Topshock, rjl, BOBB and several others still leave me wondering about their true motives
                          regarding our program and whether they have our best interests in mind. ABC just made a sensible post stating that
                          many teams are having issues. I personally don't like the new transfer rule as I feel it could lead to way too many of them.
                          I'm fearful we could loose a player or two that mole like posters are trying to run off to hurt our program. I can see it and
                          am wondering if others can, as well.
                          My true motive is to get you to post more nonsense. I like my goals easy and obtainable.

But seriously, my true motive is to call it as I see it. See, this is a *discussion* board; more specifically, a discussion board targeted towards discussion of the basketball team at Wichita State University. I'm discussing my feelings regarding that team, and what i believe I'm seeing. You are free to disagree, but don't try to question my motivations like you're the arbiter.

I agree with your posts a lot, and I disagree a lot too. But I don't question your motivations. You're a fan, the same as I am. I'd like to see the team I'm a fan of do well, or at least see them on the road to doing well. And a lot of times, I just don't see it, and my natural reaction is to wonder why. I take those thoughts and put them into words and sentences here on the internet. I use a keyboard and a computer, or a laptop, depending on whether I'm at home or work. And I'm well aware my thoughts and words have as much real-world impact as anyone else's thoughts and words posted on Shockernet: none.
                          Last edited by rjl; March 6, 2020, 09:30 AM.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            Erik's dad posted this on facebook:

87761371_10158415439211414_8411926103299457024_n.jpg

"If you all only knew."

Dude, post the receipts or don't post anything at all.
                            Was that on the rainbows and unicorns group?

Comment

I'm okay with that response rjl. It's just, as a true fan, I get sick of counter productive / speculative arguments that appear to be
                              focused on one or two players. I don't pretend to know anything about locker room issues but I do know a couple things have
                              happened that "may" have triggered some poor team chemistry. First, we still don't know why DD left the team and was allowed
                              to come back. Until/unless we know the circumstances it's hard to judge the reactions of the rest of the team. Additionally, we don't know
                              exactly why GS left other than he was probably not happy with his PT. He was rewarded with much more time. How does that set
                              with other players who accepted their roles? None of us will ever know but somehow I don't believe either scenario has been
                              helpful to the unitedness of the whole team. If I had to speculate I'd say there are unhealed scars from some unanswered questions.
                              I'm very afraid we might lose a player or two because of it - good players and I think a few posters interested in our downfall are
                              adding fuel to the fire. I think you have convinced me your not one of them but they ARE out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                It is absolutely ridiculous that ES’s dad had that public post.

as some one posted above you don’t get to decide if you are the leader.

it strikes me that sentimentality might be a huge part of the problem. “Cancer” is a word that comes to mind
                                There is a cancer that is coming to light.

Comment

Working...
                                X