Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Poor Shooting
    35.37%
    Youth of Team
    12.20%
    Tough Schedule
    0%
    Coaching
    8.54%
    Talent level of team
    13.41%
    Chemistry/Lack of leadership
    29.27%
    No Issues
    1.22%

Chemistry / lack of leadership seems likely to be one culprit. I think youth must contribute to this if it's present, but it seems like a category that maybe deserves to be on the poll.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Whoever doesn't pick poor shooting needs to explain why.

Comment

If I could have picked one more, I would have also picked Youth of Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

37 minutes ago
          • Poor Shooting
          • Youth of Team
          • Tough Schedule
          • Coaching
          • Talent level of team
          • Chemistry/Lack of leadership

Comment

We literally have players that do the same thing... What's the huge difference between Burton Sherfield Stevenson Wade Dennis and Eitienne, at some level you can add Fernandes to the mix... We need a true floor general... Burton is it to a degree, but he's way too inconsistent. And yes, if we win tonight, would I even be writing this? Just frustrated losing to a team without their two top players. Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
              Whoever doesn't pick poor shooting needs to explain why.
              We have decent shooters. The problem is we take absolutely terrible shots. We don't pass well because we don't have any PG's. Good PG's set teammates up with lots and lots of easy baskets. Remember the FVV and even Landry days? Remember all those alley-oops? When was the last time we executed an alley-oop successfully?

Better motion, better passing, better coaching would all help lead to better shots, which in turn would help with shooting. We don't have snipers but I don't think we're quite as bad as what the percentages say. Just horrible, putrid shot selection set up by zero offensive flow.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would bet we have locker room issues

Comment

A through F

Comment

Poor chemistry that starts at PG. GS was terrible tonight on BOTH ends. He is to slow and doesn't move the ball.
                    When the ball doesn't move players start standing around watching the dribbler maneuver to create for himself.
                    JB or NF have to play PG. Our freshmen guards were dominated tonight on BOTH ends of the court. If one thing has to
                    change it has to be players that play with some passion and energy. Tonight was very tough to watch. TE was also
                    very low energy tonight. I've said several times our line up should be JB, ES, DD, TW and JE. They are our best
                    players. NF as back up at point and TE's role as a zone beating perimeter player...…...and, yes, AM as backup center.

Comment

My eyeballs tell me most rosters in this league have superior talent. That’s a big start.

I believe WSU is out coached in certain areas as well. Not all, but the warts are there.

Doesnt mean I don’t support and want the best for these guys and this team, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s the truth.
                      The Assman

Comment

here's a list of teams that i don't want to see wsu play in the aac tournament:

houston
                        cincinnati
                        memphis
                        temple
                        tulsa
                        connecticut
                        smu
                        maybe ecu or ucf

'shockers are trending down badly except for a miracle comeback at smu. shooting, coaching, power forward

Comment

The only team that I believe is clearly better than us is UH. We are capable of beating any of the others on a given night.
                          Obviously, tonight wasn't one of those nights. We have not hit on all cylinders more than a couple halves for awhile.
                          Hopefully, we can get on a roll. If not, NIT could be better for us than going one and out at the big dance especially if we
                          could make it back to NYC and beat a couple of P5 schools along the way.

Comment

In no conceivable universe is the NIT better than the Big Dance!

Comment

Our energy level is proportional to our shooting. Considering the troughs of our shooting, that leads to some absolutely horrid lowlights.

​​​Mostly though, we are a bottom 10 to bottom 25 shooting team in the entire country. It is practically impossible to overcome that.

Comment

Working...
                              X