Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES's dad was in another group talking badly about McDuffie last year. Not shocked he is now talking badly about coaches this year.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I'm okay with that response rjl. It's just, as a true fan, I get sick of counter productive / speculative arguments that appear to be
      focused on one or two players.
      Pretty sure you lectured me last month that it was counterproductive to bring up ES dad's history of public criticism of the program...that it was a thing of the past.
      Last edited by BostonWu; March 6, 2020, 10:18 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I would bet we have locker room issues
        You would win
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You would win
          Well, can we get a plumber or architect in there to fix the damn place, then? Jezus.

Comment

Posts from the likes of 76, Topshock, rjl, BOBB and several others still leave me wondering about their true motives
            regarding our program and whether they have our best interests in mind. ABC just made a sensible post stating that
            many teams are having issues. I personally don't like the new transfer rule as I feel it could lead to way too many of them.
            I'm fearful we could loose a player or two that mole like posters are trying to run off to hurt our program. I can see it and
            am wondering if others can, as well.
            Get a freaking grip.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              ES's dad was in another group talking badly about McDuffie last year. Not shocked he is now talking badly about coaches this year.
              yep, last year it was all about team selfishness. Now it's all about the coaches. Can't be the fault of the players and their constant moping and loafing on the court.

Comment

Guess I hit a nerve, huh Fever? I'll count you as one who can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

yep, last year it was all about team selfishness. Now it's all about the coaches. Can't be the fault of the players and their constant moping and loafing on the court.
                  Or a player that constantly is trying to "make the big play" rather than making the right play. Too many gambles on Defense and bad quick shots on offense.

Comment

Guess I hit a nerve, huh Fever? I'll count you as one who can't see it.
                    Your continual posts offer little substance. That's the only nerve that has been hit.

You have 2 players that are set up on the trophy case and whenever a fan criticizes one of them, they aren't "true" WSU fans. Annoying AF.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When there is a player's Dad blasting the coaching staff in social media, there is a locker room issue. How would ES's Dad come to the conclusion that the coaching staff beat the will out of ES? The answer is that's probably what ES is telling his Dad. Leadership is achieved by earning respect, not by claiming it, and then when a leader discovers there are no followers, blaming others for his inability to lead.

We've obviously got a player who is of the belief that the coaching staff beat the will out of him, which denied him the opportunity to be the team leader. Instead of that player's Dad telling that player to push a little harder and take to some tough coaching to be the best that player can be, that player's Dad goes on social media and says what an evil coach his son has.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Was that on the rainbows and unicorns group?
                        Seriously, that group us very Ingsoc-esque. The Thought Police is VERY strong.

Zero decanting speak allowed, or you shall be subjected to the Two Minutes Hate.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          When there is a player's Dad blasting the coaching staff in social media, there is a locker room issue. How would ES's Dad come to the conclusion that the coaching staff beat the will out of ES? The answer is that's probably what ES is telling his Dad. Leadership is achieved by earning respect, not by claiming it, and then when a leader discovers there are no followers, blaming others for his inability to lead.

We've obviously got a player who is of the belief that the coaching staff beat the will out of him, which denied him the opportunity to be the team leader. Instead of that player's Dad telling that player to push a little harder and take to some tough coaching to be the best that player can be, that player's Dad goes on social media and says what an evil coach his son has.
                          So Daddy doesn't like how the coaching staff is treating his son so he... goes on social media and airs his laundry?
                          Really Daddy?
                          Real classy Daddy Dog... real class act there.
                          I'll bet he is a real treat to deal with on a daily basis...

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Posts from the likes of 76, Topshock, rjl, BOBB and several others still leave me wondering about their true motives
                            regarding our program and whether they have our best interests in mind. ABC just made a sensible post stating that
                            many teams are having issues. I personally don't like the new transfer rule as I feel it could lead to way too many of them.
                            I'm fearful we could loose a player or two that mole like posters are trying to run off to hurt our program. I can see it and
                            am wondering if others can, as well.
                            Check my join date and post history. I love this program. Since I've been going to games we've had some good people that weren't good coaches (Cohen and Thompson). We've had a troubled guy that wasn't good (Randy). We've had a great caretaker (Turgeon).

And we've had HCGM who has been national coach of the year. He's always been arrogant and more often than not he's backed it up. I remember somebody mentioning Turgeon never winning at Creighton and HCGM flatly stating "I'll win here." And he sure as **** did. And St. Louis. And a Final Four.

I don't know exactly what's happened, but something started to shift. We flat punted on a couple of classes and started seeing more dissatisfaction in the squad. We always had transfers, usually over playing time and I always felt HCGM did his best to set those kids up to be successful. Now we have transfers because kids don't want to be here. Or we completely flopped on our talent eval. Who in these two classes we're playing with now has the chance to be a Van Vleet, Murry, Baker, Shamet, McDuffie, or Morris?

We used to regularly feel we could outfox a better team, and if we had a week to prepare? Forget about it. Who have we outfoxed this year? I'm telling you something ain't right with this program. If we had a real AD there maybe could be a come to Jesus meeting, but Boatright is in no position to call HCGM on the carpet. I know nothing about our new President.

I have a hypothesis that HCGM put everything he had into that 1st year in the AAC. We thought we had two NBA players, we'd win the conference, make a deep tourney run and ride the wave. We came in 2nd and washed out of the tourney to 13 seed Marshall.

Marshall says he's competitive, tough and loves to win, but is he willing to make the changes to do that? We'll see.

Edit 1: Mole? Driving kids out of the program? GTFOH. I save my criticism for the top, where the buck stops.

Edit 2: Right or wrong about the situation Stevenson's dad is a numb nuts. If I were coach I'd publicly tell him to shut the **** up or take his kid home to play at Evergreen State or St Martin's.
                            Last edited by BOBB; March 6, 2020, 11:32 AM.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Honest question, after their freshman seasons, did anyone see VanVleet, Baker or Shamet as future NBA guys?

Comment

What is the primary issue with this group? From the top down they appear to be 'over it'. Whatever caused it (i assume chemistry issues), this team and staff is just ready for the season to end. Coach looked like he has given up.... check that, he has looked like that for a solid 6wks now. The team played hard, but it was playing hard with no purpose. Nobody jogged around until it was obviously over, but nobody really did anything with the effort either. It needs to just end, and in 2 weeks it will and guys will all go their separate ways. Hopefully a few of them stick around, as I think there are at least 3-4 guys that can be part of a team that grows.

Personally, I think coach underestimated what it was going to take 'at this level' and has yet to adjust. He threw previous rosters under the bus by claiming "we just don't have AAC level talent yet". Well, we have more 6'4" - 6'8" guys that can run and jump than ever before.... most of them cannot put the ball in the basket. dribble/pass/catch/shoot <- basketball fundamentals. Amazing how the poor little Shockers from 2013 that weren't 6'8" - 7' super athletes could beat all those high flying, multi-star recruits all the way to what should have been a title game against Michigan. They did it by playing as a team, playing smart and just simply PLAYING BALL. Yes, its the "mid-major" way, but being able to put the ball in the hoop is still more important than looking good in an airport. Finding guys that are athletes that can also play fundamental basketball.... that's what coach is paid a lot of money to do.
                                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X