Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Working on the slowness issue again. Sheesh you guys are melting down SN. Had about 600 users there for a while. Still over 500.
    I'm sure half of them were from other schools hoping we would meltdown with a meltdown loss. Since it doesn't happen too often.

Sorry losers.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No doubt some in game mistakes by players and coaches. It does happen, and when it does, on the road, it usually means a loss.

BUT, the preparation was there that forged a big lead that kept it a tie until they could find a way.

Both teams returned 3 starters from last year's game in Storrs. WSU Burton, Stevenson, Echenique & UCONN Gilbert, Vital, Carlton. All Husky players more highly regarded recruits.

My point is pretty much the same teams matched up again. Except UCONN added 3 top 100 recruits vs our regular guys. And we go from losing by 20 and not being competitive to winning and probably should have won by 10 or more despite a tough whistle.

Gregg gets credit for that. We have winners all over this program. And UCONN can eat a dick at McDonalds with all their priceless recruits in the Bleast. This is a man's conference and the men walked out of Storrs with the DUB.
      Doc,
      With ya here.
      I've heard about TE's work ethic - conditioning must be high on his list too. His non-stop contesting each pass and face up defense was wearing me out just watching. Then his take and drive to the basket at the start of 2nd OT (with the foul) was big boi material. He is just a dude, period.
      GS struggled today but handled the ball well - until UCONN went to the trap press. It clearly caught him off guard and never adjusted. He clearly wasn't figuring it out. This is where HCGM needed to pull his Frosh and provide guidance.
      This was the most I've seen JE play and in long stretches. I would say he has majorly improved his conditioning!
      First time this year that ES looked tired towards the end. I can understand, but just not used to seeing.
      If JB was 3-4" taller, scary thought. Then again, they probably don't get him out of NC.
      DD had a totally different look and feel today. He looked like... well, like last year. They don't win without him today. One thing he does that never shows in box score is the number of tips off missed shots to fellow players. I know the bench people track it, but those are winning type of plays.
      That was a tough environment to play and win today. The floor sucked, it was UCONN's Super Bowl and they have some big time athletes.
      This is one 'W' that will look even better come March!

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I don’t want my doctor to know what my blood pressure was today.

Why in the hell do you NOT foul up 3 in the situation we were in???? I don’t make $3.5 million per year but I can’t believe that decision. At the worst the other team scores two and you get the ball back, and they foul you.

Well, now the freshmen know how hard it is to win a conference game on the road.

I hope our fans understand how instrumental UConn was to us joining the AAC. No bad blood from me.

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Oh, that's fun over there! This comment stood out:

"The more I think about it being in a loser AAC conference makes our players feel like losers. I believe being in the Big East will bring out the UConn pride in our team!"

I guess they already felt like losers before the game was over. We just reinforced the feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            That's nothing. Their twitter losers are worse. As expected.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Good game. ROAD GAMES ARE HARD. Duh. Not so great from the couch-coach perspective. A lot to overcome in the game. I'm happy for the fans who traveled - again, you do us proud! Glad the Shox got the win. I'm sure the next roadie at Temple will be super easy compared to UConn. (where is that damn rolls eyes emoji?)

Couldn't help but notice countless players from each team having issues with slippage on the floor. That's inexcusable for a program that has a National Championship banner hanging, sharing the floor with an ice rink. Really? (where's Deadpool saying "COME ON!!!!" REALLY!" when you need him. ???

UCOnn probably can't get out of the AAC fast enough. I'm sure they're looking forward to those trips to Omaha. (looking for the laughing my ass off emoji now)

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Oh, that's fun over there! This comment stood out:

"The more I think about it being in a loser AAC conference makes our players feel like losers. I believe being in the Big East will bring out the UConn pride in our team!"

I guess they already felt like losers before the game was over. We just reinforced the feeling.
                It must really suck to suck in a loser conference.

Funny how that didn't work like that for us in the Valley.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I chose not to watch. Last March 8 I was feeling wonky and went to the ER. BP measured at 288/200. Was having a widowmaker heart attack. A $66,000 plane ride and a couple of nights at the Wesley cardiac ICU and I’m good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    I love how Wade got teed up, yet Hurley screamed at the refs. We might be in the American, but the refs aren’t up to snuff. More like MVC refs.
                    As has been mentioned many times before, there’s no such thing as MVC refs or AAC refs. The guy that T’d up Wade was doing KU Baylor yesterday.

Comment

• There is lot to criticize in this game, but....

We won.

The number of guys who individually stepped up to make plays in this game contributing to the win was phoenonenal. We have so many guys that can create their own shot and get to the basket its scary.

I am glad my wife drug me out of the house for 2 hours after this one. Whooo.

We overcame so much bull**** in this game with our frosh and sophs and our 1 jr and sr. So much growing up with this one. Glad to know we are UCONN's super bowl.

I might....MIGHT.....

RootforCreightonagainstthemnextyear....

MIGHT.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That's nothing. Their twitter losers are worse. As expected.
                        Sounds like some shocker fans talking about man bun in the past.

Comment

• You knew it was gonna be bad when HCGM is out there with a towell before the tipoff.....

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post

Sounds like some shocker fans talking about man bun in the past.
                            Did man bun warrant anything?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Boneyard: I can’t believe a Wichita State player was blowing kisses to the crowd. How can you let someone act like that?

Apparently they don’t watch the way Hurley acts during a game. He is an embarrassment to any program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                I don’t want my doctor to know what my blood pressure was today.

Why in the hell do you NOT foul up 3 in the situation we were in???? I don’t make $3.5 million per year but I can’t believe that decision. At the worst the other team scores two and you get the ball back, and they foul you.

Well, now the freshmen know how hard it is to win a conference game on the road.

I hope our fans understand how instrumental UConn was to us joining the AAC. No bad blood from me.
                                That's not worst case. That's not how it works. It's certainly not how it works on the road in a ridiculously biased officiated game. So many things can happen.

We forced 0fer dude to hit a shot. He did. And it STILL didn't mean they won. It means they had to play a better team for more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X