Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    -Should’ve taken GS out
    -Should’ve fouled
    -ES has to pull that shot back out
    -Zero things went our way
    Totally agree.

Comment

• BUT HE’S STILL MY MAN Erik made two mental errors in crunch time. The early three point shot and the half-asses two hand overhead pass a quarter of the court short of target.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• So much to comment on but most have already been made. I would have fouled but I'm not the coach.
        Got to get JE working on his left hand cause everyone is going to be over playing his right from NOW ON !
        Mistakes were made by everyone and most everyone made lots of big plays, as well. Bottom line a W !
        For as young as we are and the atmosphere we were in I'm really proud of the freshmen. Good win. Good
        timing by DD for his return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          They shoot 42 free throws compared to our 24. Geesh
          Our boys did not go to the cup enough. But that is still a bunch of bull **** that they shoot that many free throws. I thought Kimba Walker was going to comeback and bite us again.

Comment

• Yea Hurley had no reason to ***** they shot over 40 free throws and out scored us by 10 at the line. It was a physical game with some bad calls on both teams but they got a majority of the calls

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I normally agree with this. But Marshall could have done a lot to help with this. Time outs....substitution....etc.

Today wasnt Marshalls best days. Especially at the end of regulation.

He is human. It happens.
              No doubt some in game mistakes by players and coaches. It does happen, and when it does, on the road, it usually means a loss.

BUT, the preparation was there that forged a big lead that kept it a tie until they could find a way.

Both teams returned 3 starters from last year's game in Storrs. WSU Burton, Stevenson, Echenique & UCONN Gilbert, Vital, Carlton. All Husky players more highly regarded recruits.

My point is pretty much the same teams matched up again. Except UCONN added 3 top 100 recruits vs our regular guys. And we go from losing by 20 and not being competitive to winning and probably should have won by 10 or more despite a tough whistle.

Gregg gets credit for that. We have winners all over this program. And UCONN can eat a dick at McDonalds with all their priceless recruits in the Bleast. This is a man's conference and the men walked out of Storrs with the DUB.

Comment

• I thought it was funny. Jamie took his guy with a right hand hook 3 times and Lappas kept on ranting to take it away and then he went to a left handed hook and Lappas didn’t mention it. LOL

Comment

• Just wanted to say, eff UConn, eff your whiny ass coach, eff your officiating crew, eff your announcing crew, and enjoy getting effed in the Big East.

SCOREBOARD.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Ranked teams with a road win today:

Wichita State

/end

Comment

• Fouling is dumb. 3 guys on the court had 4 fouls, and we forced a dude with literally zero career 3pt makes before today to take a shot.

Sherfield was great. He didn't need to come out of the game, he needed to be standing at the FT line. They couldn't take the ball from him without tackling. Also a case of being willing to lose a battle and win a war. Today we won the battle as well. Who you gonna put in? Fernandes? Errbody else had 12 fouls.

Calling timeouts also a terrible idea. UConn had 4 dudes. They were exhausted, despite 14 free timeouts for reviews and to clean up their ****ing hockey rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Fouling is dumb. 3 guys on the court had 4 fouls, and we forced a dude with literally zero career 3pt makes before today to take a shot.
                        We also guarded the driver in the lane and left a guy wide open on the perimeter. Head scratcher.

Comment

• Houston couldn’t do it, SMU couldn’t do it, the Shockers went on the road and won this weekend. Cincinnati did too and could’ve been tied for first place if Shockers didn’t grit this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Just wanted to say, eff UConn, eff your whiny ass coach, eff your officiating crew, eff your announcing crew, and enjoy getting effed in the Big East.

SCOREBOARD.
                            Right ON.

Comment

• Never fear, the road warrior fearless Shockers were there. In regulation. the clock wanted to be our very best friend, but no way. We made the clock their best friend ever with an unusual amount of turnovers and lots of fouls on us to stop the clock. What a game though!!! We found a way with lots of mental errors to still win. TE got us off on the right path to start the double OT. UCONN is talented enough to keep winning home games. I wished we got them at home this Season since they are bailing out. Burton, JE, ES, And DD had big moments for us. We the SN faithful were waiting for DD to have a coming out game. He did today and we will take this road win that some of our foes will not earn. One at a time we can chip away and have a very nice Conference finish this very year.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Any fans who attended the game catch Stevenson’s postgame antics? The guy walked to center court, waved to the crowd and blew kisses. Out of all people, the guy who fouled out and couldn’t contribute at all in OT is the idiot who acts like that? Our team worked their butts off and I’m glad we...

Lol... The comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X