No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs East Carolina Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really thought we were gonna get Evansville’d there. Thankfully we only have to play that anklebiter once.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. East Carolina Pirates NCAAM game from January 1, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Really thought we were gonna get Evansville’d there. Thankfully we only have to play that anklebiter once.
        I had a bed feeling about this game this morning after reading they had gotten guys back and had won their last 4 games. They have a few good players but are just a little undermanned. Those good players almost willed them to a win.
        ​​​​
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Gardner is colder than a whore's heart
          and a witches boobie...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• One of these days the Shocks free throw shooting will catch up with them although I think they are better than what they have shown in recent games.

Kennedy said Tyson Etienne was back on the court after the game working on his shot. That's admirable but I didn't think his shooting was the problem as much as it was his shot selection. He just needs to be a little more judicious on the shots he takes.

Kudos to ECU for playing a very good game and battling all the way. Kudos for the Shocks to pull out a game when they were not at their sharpest and the opponent perhaps was. The Shocks made the plays when they needed to make the plays but they certainly made things harder on themselves with their poor free throw shooting with Jamarius and Trey at combined 7-16 struggling the most. Personally, I don't really care for JB's off-center positioning on his free throws.

But hey 12-1 is substantially better than I was expecting at this point in the season but the Shocks do need to play better going forward than they have in the past 2 games. The next two home games should be tough games which is probably good before heading out on the road. Do we really know how this team will respond to playing on the road despite the strong performance in Stillwater. A sample size of 1 isn't much to go on. Have the Shockers ever played only 1 true road game over the first 15 games of the season before?

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 1, 2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Shooting 55% from the free throw line is ridiculous. There is no excuse for that. Tre Wade, needs to do a better job finishing with contact. TW and JB need to get in the gym and practice free throws. Their going to the free throw line these days is like a turnover. AM I am so disgusted with him. The announcers keep saying he is a crowd favorite. Why the hell is he? He does nothing out there. So sick of watching him play soft. You would never know he is 7 ft.

Comment

• Did Etienne have his fingers wrapped or something to start the game? His first few shots were WAY off. Then after The corner shot that basically hit the side of the backboard it looked like he pulled something off his hand and threw it off the court. His shot was ok after that

Comment

• As others have mentioned, ECU is the Evansville of the AAC with far more talent... they would probably win the Valley with the team we witnessed today. Dooley has assembled some key pieces. Several AAC teams will get ECU’d this season. I’m happy we’re done with them until possibly post season.

Comment

• UCONN is getting Cincinnati’d... $hit happens.

Comment

• Cincinnati lost the league race last year because they lost to a significantly worse ECU squad in their first conference game.

It wasn't pretty but we got it done. Take the W and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

WSU's offense is very easy to guard based upon your observation. ECU was the better coached team today.

Quite (very) often the offense is run way out on the perimeter with seemingly no player, either the passer or the receiver, looking at the hoop. Does GGG believe in offensive pressure based upon good motion offense? For all the knocking UNI gets on this board, when they played WVU they were hard to guard with their effective motion; a lot harder to guard than we were against WVU for sure. Those offensive shortcomings (not talent either) rear up seemingly almost every game.
                        This is what has driven me crazy this year. You're right, a lot of the time their motion is too much movement without any threat to drive or shoot, they are just looking to pass or dribble to set up the next pass and it is wasted movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                          AM I am so disgusted with him.
                          AM only played 4 minutes. Lots of things didn’t go well during the game. How could you get that disgusted with him? He hardly is the reason for a close game with ECU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            UCONN is getting Cincinnati’d... $hit happens.
                            I am sure the reason UCONN is not playing good basketball is because they are saving themselves for the Big East.

Comment

• AM's play had no bearing on this game. He couldn't have done any worse on Gardner than JE, MU and TW did had he
                              played more. What did he do wrong aside from accidentally barely stepping out of bounds. A few inches and he gets
                              the basket and you would have said nice bucket great 4 minutes big guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                AM only played 4 minutes. Lots of things didn’t go well during the game. How could you get that disgusted with him? He hardly is the reason for a close game with ECU.
                                He actually played quite well today. Weird comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X