• Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball Postgame: Erik Stevenson vs. ECU

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Stevenson.
      Thx bud

Comment

• All I can say is Kerry needs to find out what calf program Gardner is on and implement it into his weight training.
        The Assman

Comment

• We need to work on FT's~ ugly win but a win is a win! Go Shocks!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Man I sure love what I hear from Erik. Great game, well deserved post game honor. His toughness, drive, coachability, the way here represents the University, and his leadership are exactly what you want in a Shocker. Erik was made to be a Shocker.

This is why his leadership will help lead this core group deep into the NCAA's, maybe even a coveted National Championship, before his time is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              HCGM seemed annoyed by Dexter Dennis. He said he wasn't sure what he was doing today, that him mom told him he was flying back to Wichita; he seemed kind of non-plussed by him.
              I did not get an annoyed vibe from Marshall. Strategic play to not overreact to Dexter's return. Focus on the players who played and who have been practicing. I would expect Dexter to serve a game in the doghouse for nonparticipation as well.

Fact is, this team has done quite well with little to no contribution from Dexter.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Here's the deal. Joe Dooley need not hang down his head on his improved squad and showing today. Jayden Garner had 29 pts and 10 r.b. in 34 minutes. Yikes, I'm glad he didn't play all 40 minutes. He looks like a future player in the Bigs. The Pirates are better than an 11th. place finish as predicted by 2 Mags I bought with their 11 new players?

Now for our beloved Shocks. Never fear, Stevenson and Burton were here. ES just missed a Double Double by 1 rebound with his 17 pts, and 5 assists. Nice!!! Check this out. We kept our fouling down to a mild roar. Good thing because they were 7-9 and we were a dismal 16-29? Ouch on the %, but I like how we were drawing fouls and defending without excess fouling. Mo came in and gave us a much needed "shot in the arm# with 9 pts. and 4 rb. JE is needed on the hardwood, but keeps getting 2 fouls too early and does pine time. Then he didn't start the 2nd half and played about 16 of the 25 minutes I wished he was on the floor playing. The Shocks had 12 steals? Impressive!!! We had 11 turnovers to their 17 which really helped the Shocks win. However, we got out-rebounded by 3 and Coach Marshall will deem that as unacceptable. Our offensive rebounding seemed productive though.

It was great seeing DD at the game. Hope he is doing well.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 2, 2020, 10:38 AM.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                  If we can get like 3 solid possessions in a row, that could be the key to burying these guys. Get that MO going.
                  AKA a "Kill"

Comment

HCGM seemed annoyed by Dexter Dennis. He said he wasn't sure what he was doing today, that him mom told him he was flying back to Wichita; he seemed kind of non-plussed by him.
                    I didn't get that read on coat's comments at all. I thought he sounded glad that DD was back. He's not going to let on everything he knows about the situation. DD is back...let's be glad at that and try not to read things into comments...all is going to be well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                      I did not get an annoyed vibe from Marshall. Strategic play to not overreact to Dexter's return. Focus on the players who played and who have been practicing. I would expect Dexter to serve a game in the doghouse for nonparticipation as well.

Fact is, this team has done quite well with little to no contribution from Dexter.
                      I agree in the video of his interview it didn't look like HCGM was annoyed. Maybe it come across that way if they only heard the radio interview.

In the ESPN after game article, they quoted HCGM regarding DD: "He flew in this morning," Marshall said. "We are going to talk this afternoon. He told me he's ready to go." I take that as a very positive sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I didn't get that read on coat's comments at all. I thought he sounded glad that DD was back. He's not going to let on everything he knows about the situation. DD is back...let's be glad at that and try not to read things into comments...all is going to be well.
                        Yeah, it seems like people mistake Marshall sounding straightforward and matter-of-fact for "negative." How often has he ever sounded giddy? It happens, but rarely. He said what happened, and "he told me he's ready to go" seems VERY positive. You figure our coach has a pretty good handle on the situation and he's been pretty clear about respecting Dex's privacy, which he's likely continuing to do.
                        There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

We would have had 4 more points at 70%, so not quite a double digit win.
                          ? We won by 6

Comment

• 1. I like Dooley........and now he's got some pieces.
                            2. Surely ECU is not the worst team in the league.
                            3. We weren't very good, free throws or not.
                            4. Hopefully Coach can slide Dex back in seamlessly.
                            5. Basically played with 7 guys.
                            6. Gardiner is really good at what he does.
                            7. I don't think his game translates, but I could be wrong.
                            8. That team should never out rebound us.
                            9. We missed the old Dexter today.
                            10. Erik's line was tremendous.

Comment

• Dex is back and that is good news, will only help as I see it. Dex plays great D and rebounds. Plus he’s a good free throw shooter. Eric in post game was glad to see him back. Coach is probably relieved that he’s back and wants to move on. I’m sure coach wants Dex to succeed.

Comment

I didn’t hear the annoyance you did either.

Comment

Working...
                                X