Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think VCU plays Charleston tonight.

Comment

Ok everyone, revise your score predictions!!!!

Comment

Last year we were controlling the tempo of the game until JE was hurt, then we fell apart.

I think VCU is the best team we’ve played thus far. Very upperclassmen dominant, they won’t be rattled. We have to play 40 minutes or their ankle biting will finally get to us.

Comment

Box score for the VCU Rams vs. Charleston Cougars NCAAM game from December 18, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

Hi is Joerg.
            Is time for these VCu fans learned. Is Play Angry in our house! All fans learn leson Sat! !!Hey Rams guys, Shox perform on you with dunks! Watch learn proper how play proper hoops inkansas.

I plan drink the burbon and eat Pototo fries while laugh at bad VCu .

thanks is Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I really like having a full week off after a week of finals (I am assuming all the guys finished up finals last week). A full week of practice free of worries about school work and finals where they can focus totally on basketball and VCU. VCU plays at Charleston on Wednesday.

I suppose their is an argument that too long of a lay off can be worse than playing. We'll find out Saturday.
              Coach is a master at scheduling. He had a week to get ready for each of our three toughest non conference games. OSU, OU and now VCU.

Comment

Yellow out the arena Saturday! Bring it Shocker Nation!

Comment

If the pep band plays the song we "borrowed" from VCU at the under 8 or under 4 timeout, I predict a victory.

Comment

I like the way the freshmen, particularly GS and TE, are playing right now and the fact they are extremely humble when they speak to the media. It would be great to see Noah get some playing time this weekend but not at the expense of TOs. I don't think VCU is the same "havoc" team they were a few years ago but they're still a dangerous defense. And I hope Coach is right in that this is the game that best offers Dex the chance to break out of his funk. Maybe it's just me, but he seemed to be a bit too full of himself at the beginning of the season and it just hasn't translated onto the court at game time. I think it's just a matter of time but I hope this "sophomore slump" is over sooner than later. I wouldn't take the over on this game...

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                      Hi is Joerg.
                      thanks is Joerg
                      This just never gets old. lmao
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This just never gets old. lmao
                        Our very own version of the Swedish Chef!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Is it me or is Joerg' english getting better?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            Ok everyone, revise your score predictions!!!!

3G reading my posts again

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              I think VCU plays Charleston tonight.
                              VCU picks up a 76-71 win at Charleston Wednesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Last year we were controlling the tempo of the game until JE was hurt, then we fell apart.

I think VCU is the best team we’ve played thus far. Very upperclassmen dominant, they won’t be rattled. We have to play 40 minutes or their ankle biting will finally get to us.
                                Very upperclassmen dominant is right:

They have had the same starting lineup in all 11 games:
                                Marcus Santos-Silva 6-7, 250lb Jr. F 13.5 PPG and 8.8 RPG in 25.6 MPG
                                Marcus Evans 6-2, 190 lb RSr. G 12.1 PPG in 23.7 MPG
                                De'Riante Jenkins 6-5, 190 lb Sr. G 10.3 PPG and 3.8 RPG in 26.3 MPG
                                Mike'L Simms 6-5 Sr. G/F 7.5 PPG in 23.1 MPG
                                Issac Vann 6-6, 200 lb RSr. F 7.3 PPG in 22.8 MPG

Looks like the Rams go 10 deep - here is the 2nd five:
                                Nah'Shon Hyland 6-3, 165 lb Fr. G 5.2 PPG in 14.9 MPG
                                KeShawn Curry 6-4, 185 lb So. G 4.8 PPG in 17.3 MPG
                                Vince Williams 6-6, 210 lb So. G/F 3.8 PPG in 15.7 MPG
                                Corey Douglas 6-8, 220 lb RJr. F 3.6 PPG in 12.9 MPG
                                Malik Crowfield 6-4, 190 lb. Sr. G 3.7 PPG in 16.8 MPG (has missed the last 2 games -- not sure what his status is).

My initial reaction is how will the Shocks match up with this lineup that is mostly a mix of big guards and small forwards across the boards. So how will the Shocks smaller guards (Grant, Tyson and Noah) do against these bigger guards. My guess is Noah may not see much action again. And how will the Shocker bigs (Jaime, Mo, Poor Bear and Asbjorn) fare against this smaller lineup. This is probably not a good match up for Asbjorn based on his history.

Comment

Working...
                                X