Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post

May I ask who?

Downing & Lahey Mortuaries & Crematory in Wichita, KS provides funeral, memorial, aftercare, preplanning, and cremation services to our community and the surrounding areas.

Comment

VCU has good guard play but doesn't have near our size in the post. It will be interesting to see if we can capitalize on that. They run 10 deep but the starters are all playing around 25 mpg with the 2nd 5 around 10-15 mpg. They shoot 37% from 3 as a team (vs 35% for wsu). Jenkins is the main steals guy, averaging 2.4 per game. Their starting 5 are all between 6-2 to 6-7, Biggest guy off the bench is 6-8. Most of their guys are in the 6-3 to 6-5 range. I personally think our guards are equipped for a game like this. We don't rattle easily and have a lot of good ball handlers and bigs that are competent enough to relieve the pressure of the press. Maybe this will be a breakout game for Dexter - he's good at running the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        So with this being a 9 AM start time for me, does that mean I have to start my pre-game at 6 AM?
        To be honest you are in uncharted territory. I have never paired Sam Adam's Oktoberfest with pancakes. But I'm not above trying it.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Going to be a melancholy atmosphere for me. Since the last game we've lost a couple members of the Shocker family and it's going to be tough seeing some folks there.

Hopefully it will be an engaged and positive atmosphere culminating in a Shocker victory.
          Condolences to you, Doc.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            Shocker guards will need to bring their A+ ballhandling game to this one. Can't have too many careless turnovers or sloppy passes as VCU is going to be up in our grill the whole game. Having said that if the Shox can handle the pressure and the bigs can finish, we should be able to take care of bidness just fine.
            Backdoor the **** outta them.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

52-47 in an ugly game

Comment

Quotables: Gregg Marshall Pre-VCU

Comment

Flying into town from Phoenix for this game with the family. I expect it to be a defensive struggle, but I like our chances. I also think that Dex’s shot will come alive again this game. He will be open. ES, NF, ETN, JB, and GS: These are the games you dream about! Show the world you can handle their Havoc D.

Shox 65, Rams 61

Comment

The shocks better come ready to play. What I recall about that game last year was that they destroyed us because of turnovers. Looks like they are good again in this area. I clearly remember all of the layups that they got in that game. I bet it was more than 15. As coach would say atomic bombs. Ricky Torres, SHJ were destroyed in that game. Our freshmen JB and ES looked slow and DD had not turned his season around at that time. I hope a year of experience makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      The shocks better come ready to play. What I recall about that game last year was that they destroyed us because of turnovers. Looks like they are good again in this area. I clearly remember all of the layups that they got in that game. I bet it was more than 15. As coach would say atomic bombs. Ricky Torres, SHJ were destroyed in that game. Our freshmen JB and ES looked slow and DD had not turned his season around at that time. I hope a year of experience makes a difference.
                      Ya, I'm thinking Texas Southern on steroids.

Comment

The turnovers were certainly a factor in that 54-70 loss at VCU. The Shocks turned the ball over 17 times to 9 for VCU with VCU outscoring the Shocks 13-7 on points off turnovers. Ricky Torres in particular struggled as he had 7 of the Shockers 17 turnovers. Markis and Erik each had 3 turnovers.

The Shocks somewhat made up for that with a 17-8 advantage on the offensive glass resulting in a 13-8 advantage in second chance points.

But the Shocks shot the ball poorly and did not get to the line much. The Shocks were 21-59 (35.6%) from the field including 6-26 (23.1%) on treys while they were 6-10 from the line.

VCU was 28-56 (50%) from the field but only 5-25 (20.0%) on threes. The Rams were 9-12 from the line.

Jamie only played 9 minutes in that game (the 10th game of the season) and was not in foul trouble. I don't recall where he was with his plantar fasciitis at the time or if he the VCU style was a bac matchup for him. Mo played the most of our big men with 19 minutes. Poor Bear also played 9 minutes. Asbjorn only played 3 minutes.

Players not on this year's roster, Markis (31 minutes), Samajae (18 - 4 fouls), Ricky (29), Rod (13), and Eli (4), played 95 combined minutes in last year's game.

Comment

A year without RT and SHJ being relied on will make a difference.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            I thought we were pretty bad after the WVU game. I remember that being a controversial take. I'll eat crow and say that we were bad that game, but the team responded way better than I anticipated. VCU seems to be pretty small, so hopefully we can continue dominating teams in the rebound column. I worry that their defense will speed up our young guards but our guards have carried us the last two games. I never pick against the shockers, so I'll say we win another close one.

VCU - 71
                            WSU - 76
                            WVU is a hard team to prep a young team for overnight at a tournament. We'll find out if a week to prepare before playing at home will prove a different looking team in their audition for the top 25.

Comment

Here is what my inner Oracle is telling me I will see this game. A few early struggles with the pressure, but our guards figuring it out half way through the first half. A couple early missed bunnies by our bigs not named JE. Going into half in a couple possession game one way or the other. Adjustments and wake ups happen at the half, and a couple 8 to 10 point advantage us runs give us the breathing room we need to play smart (and Angry) enough to keep the scRams at bay from the 10 minute and on mark of half #2.
                              Individually:
                              JE double doubles with 5 plus OR and 4 plus blocks.
                              ES brings fire from the tip keeping us tight til we get goin.
                              JB hits his looks, TE and GS handle the pressure and have tons of tips and good shot selection. The 3 of em combine for a very good game with high asst:TO ratio.
                              Trey Wade reminds us why we were so stoked about him early on. This is the type of game/matchup we need him for. He absolutely feeds on the glass this game on both ends.
                              Dex moves in the right direction, and is solid for us on the boards and the defensive end whilst not forcing.

A Late run by Havoc makes the score more respectable, but we calm down in time to close out an 11 point win.

Shox!!!!

Comment

Lam Chop vs Kake Man.JPG

Lamb Chop = 60
                                KAKE Man = 71

Go Shockers and lets go zoom, zoom, zoom around the big wide-world!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X