VCU Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VCU-Fan View Post
    Just wanted you guys to know the VCU Ramily are really looking forward to a great game against a great team. Your team, fans, and program are well respected and we're fired up about this one. Good luck and go Rams!
    We look forward to the opportunity to play VCU like it's a huge conference rivalry. And I hope someday it is. Wish we played every year. Best of luck to you guys after Saturday!
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Personally, I think VCU can suck it. That horseshit foul call in 2011 kept us out of the tourney which kept that group from getting the experience they needed to make their F4 run in 2012. I hope we beat their asses in by 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Personally, I think VCU can suck it. That horseshit foul call in 2011 kept us out of the tourney which kept that group from getting the experience they needed to make their F4 run in 2012. I hope we beat their asses in by 35.
        But ... but ... referee's fault?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My first game at the Chuck this season. I'm stoked.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Comment

Holy moly, that writing style is hard to read ....

Comment

Every body is talking about VCU defense and pressure. And rightfully so because that is their reputation. But what about our defense. I hope we do not give up layups like we did last year. And I hope we do not put them on the foul line where they can shoot free throws. Our boys need to not turn it over, defend and rebound. Make them a half court team tomorrow. Go Shocks.

Comment

Keep a count on how many times the crowd gets crazy loud after a great Shocker play and on the very next possession the ref decides to blow his whistle on a bs call simply to tamper the noise. Happens at least once in every game at the ROUNDHOUSE and I'm gonna go with 3 or 4 times in this game fer sure.

I'm pretty sure we lead the nation in those type calls. #refsscared
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Comment

Hopefully, Shocker fans ar paying attention:

VCU is a team who relies so much on communication on defense. The crowd noise can drastically affect that and make the Rams very uncomfortable on that side of the floor.

The best way for VCU to neutralize the noise and the environment is to get an early lead and make some early shots. In the loss to Purdue, the Rams had a terrible time shooting from deep. If they can make some early shots and stick to their game plan the Rams should be able to neutralize the Shocker crowd. That task is not as easy as it may seem, the Shockers do not lose much at home and VCU has yet to face a crowd like this that all season, it is a lot different when the entire crowd is against you.

If VCU wants any chance in this game they are going to have jump out early and force the Shockers to make big plays, survive the runs and continue to make shots. Punch first, and then punch back harder. That will make the Shockers uncomfortable and start to quiet the crowd.

Getting stops is one thing, but if VCU can turn the Shockers over at a high rate and minimize their possessions they give themselves a great chance to win the game. Either way, this is going to be one of the best games of the weekend.
                      Shocker fans need to stay with it. No reason to think they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hopefully, Shocker fans ar paying attention:

Shocker fans need to stay with it. No reason to think they won't.

That makes me wonder something. Communication is important on both sides of the ball, but maybe more so on defense. I'm no coach but it seems that it is easier to communicate non verbally on offence while on defense it has to be more verbal.

If that is true are we actually hurting the team sometimes when the crowd really gets loud? After a big bucket or when trying to start a comeback the crowd is always the loudest on defense. The other team always seems to score at those times too. Should it actually be reversed and we go crazy on offense and keep it to a lower volume on D?

This is something that it would be interesting to get a coaches take on.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Ya'll have a world class game atmosphere, but
                          VCU has played in front of 140 consecutive home sellouts; they're used to communicating in a very, very loud game environment.

Comment

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....etball-action/

VCU at WICHITA STATE, 12:00 p.m. (ESPN2)

• KENPOM: Wichita State 70, VCU 66
                            This game is a tough one to peg. I think a lot of it depends on who you believe is going to control the tempo.

VCU pressures the ball, they force a lot of turnovers and they do a lot of their damage in transition off of those turnovers. Wichita State, on the other hand, is top 15 nationally in offensive turnover rate and should be able to get to the offensive glass against the Rams. On the other side of the ball, I think the Rams are gong to have some trouble playing against Gregg Marshall’s defense, especially if this game gets turned into a halfcourt battle.

BEST BET: At 136, I think that I lean towards the under, but for my money, the best bet here would be Wichita State (-4).

Other Prediction Models:
                            ESPN: WSU 69%
                            INCCSTATS: WSU 64% by 4.0
                            Massey: WSU 67% by 5.0
                            Nolan: WSU by 7.0
                            Torvik: WSU 70% by 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by VCU-Fan View Post
                              Ya'll have a world class game atmosphere, but
                              VCU has played in front of 140 consecutive home sellouts; they're used to communicating in a very, very loud game environment.
                              They sure haven't played in front of 140 consecutive world class atmospheres. It'll be fun!

Comment

Refresh, refresh. refresh. Is it game time? No. Refresh, refresh, refresh. How 'bout now? Refresh, refre....
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X