No announcement yet.

VCU Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have alluded, this game is all about turnovers and it is strength vs. strength:

VCU is 5th in the nation in opponent turnover percentage, causing opponents to turn it over 24.8% of the time. WSU is 14th in nation in turnover percentage, turning it over 13.7% of the time.

Whichever team gets closer to their normal production in this category is likely to win the game.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Secondary market prices are starting to move up so we will see what the week brings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        As others have alluded, this game is all about turnovers and it is strength vs. strength:

VCU is 5th in the nation in opponent turnover percentage, causing opponents to turn it over 24.8% of the time. WSU is 14th in nation in turnover percentage, turning it over 13.7% of the time.

Whichever team gets closer to their normal production in this category is likely to win the game.
        According to WarrenNolan.com VCU's numbers have been built against a non-con SOS of 227. The Shockers numbers have been built against a non-con SOS of 128. 3 of those Shocker opponents, Texas Southern, West Virginia and Oklahoma State play pretty tough and aggressive defense so, hopefully, the Shockers won't be shocked by VCU's defensive intensity.

Nevertheless, the turnover battle will be a key and I am expecting a tough game with the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          11:00am sucks, but it's gonna feel like 10:00am to VCU. That's getting into "set your alarm clock" territory for teenagers and early 20-somethings.
          It will be 5 pm in London, so I say we all hoist a pint to get things rolling!
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"in Baltimore, it's 6:42"

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Confused...would be noon in VA
              Damn you for being right.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

damnthee.png

Comment

It's these cans!! He hates these cans!!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    VCU is playing Mo State, Charleston, and WSU this week? Why not add East Tennessee State and New Mexico State as well?
                    ETSU playing at LSU this week.

I will let someone else connect those dots.

Comment

So with this being a 9 AM start time for me, does that mean I have to start my pre-game at 6 AM?

Comment

Shocks by 10
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Going to be a melancholy atmosphere for me. Since the last game we've lost a couple members of the Shocker family and it's going to be tough seeing some folks there.

Hopefully it will be an engaged and positive atmosphere culminating in a Shocker victory.

Comment

I thought we were pretty bad after the WVU game. I remember that being a controversial take. I'll eat crow and say that we were bad that game, but the team responded way better than I anticipated. VCU seems to be pretty small, so hopefully we can continue dominating teams in the rebound column. I worry that their defense will speed up our young guards but our guards have carried us the last two games. I never pick against the shockers, so I'll say we win another close one.

VCU - 71
                            WSU - 76

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Going to be a melancholy atmosphere for me. Since the last game we've lost a couple members of the Shocker family and it's going to be tough seeing some folks there.

Hopefully it will be an engaged and positive atmosphere culminating in a Shocker victory.
                              May I ask who?

Comment

Shocker guards will need to bring their A+ ballhandling game to this one. Can't have too many careless turnovers or sloppy passes as VCU is going to be up in our grill the whole game. Having said that if the Shox can handle the pressure and the bigs can finish, we should be able to take care of bidness just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X