• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Any relation to Gal Mekel?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• So Marshall brought too many good players in, particularly at the guard position. And he should be criticized for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        So Marshall brought too many good players in, particularly at the guard position. And he should be criticized for that?
        Yep!

Damn him
        The Assman

Comment

• I bought a bag of oranges the other day and I didn’t realize how bad they were till I got home. Learned not to buy oranges from Dillions this time of year...

Comment

• It was all about class spacing, not the number of guys or positions. Sounds like he knew it was a mistake and says he will learn from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There’s actually been numerous examples of this occurrence in all levels of all sports.

Sure Marshall is partly to blame for managing and recruiting the characters but to say that the players are completely innocent because “they’re 20” is just as backwards as what you’re complaining about the opposite direction.

Might wanna dial back on the Marshall hate cuz he ain’t leaving for a while. Maybe take a “shocker fan break” since it appears this is something that puts a great deal of personal conflict deep within your soul.
              Fever,

I like almost all of your posts but the subtlety of this one makes it one of your finest

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Any relation to Gal Mekel?
                Speaking of helicopter dads...

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Yep!

Damn him
                  Damn him to hell!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    I bought a bag of oranges the other day and I didn’t realize how bad they were till I got home. Learned not to buy oranges from Dillions this time of year...
                    Same thing! Turned out only one was really rotten but it caused a few around it to go bad because I didn't catch it and separate them in time. But like you, I learned ...
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Back to the Gonzaga interest, it seems most of their fans online aren't interested. Maybe someone should go over there and tell them he's the next Ron Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Back to the Gonzaga interest, it seems most of their fans online aren't interested. Maybe someone should go over there and tell them he's the next Ron Baker.
                        In a series of ten 1-on-1 matches with Ron Baker, Erik would torch Ron in the first two games winning both by double digits with eye-popping shooting numbers.

At the beginning of the 3rd game, Erik would walk onto the court with his chest puffed out and be messing about with the crowd instead of warming up, because he knows he is going to easily win all 10 matches already. Meanwhile Ron would make some defensive adjustments and the 3rd match would essentially be a draw.

In the next 2 matches Ron's consistent shooting would edge out a now refocused Erik who is starting to become rattled.

The next 5 matches Ron would walk all over Erik, while Erik stomps around on the court pissing and moaning and chucking up prayers out of frustration.

In the handshake line, Ron would extend his hand and tell Erik and his father that they played well.

Ron vs Erik: 7-1-2
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Back to the Gonzaga interest, it seems most of their fans online aren't interested. Maybe someone should go over there and tell them he's the next Ron Baker.
                          Better!!

Quicker and more athletic!!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Better!!

Quicker and more athletic!!

And the self-anointed “Team Leader.” We never heard Ron Baker going around telling the press that he held that position, so ES has to be better.

Comment

• 1976 has blamed ES's slump on the assumption that Marshall's coaching of ES started after the UConn game. There is absolutely no indication of htat.

There is very solid evidence that Stevenson made an absolute a$$of himself after that game. Perhaps is was after that game that "Marshall broke my son's spirit", as ES's Dad has stated without giving a time frame. Disrespectoing opponents and their fans is a spirit that needs to be broken.

The appearance is that if ES was told to show some class, that he pouted and went into a slump and showed no energy (or even interest) on the court for several games after that.

Marshall had coached ES for a year and a half before the UConn game. Evidently Stevenson getting told to show some class and don't disrespect fans and players in their gym brokwe his spirit.

I will say that ES was really good against the soft part of the schedule.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                1976 has blamed ES's slump on the assumption that Marshall's coaching of ES started after the UConn game. There is absolutely no indication of htat.

There is very solid evidence that Stevenson made an absolute a$$of himself after that game. Perhaps is was after that game that "Marshall broke my son's spirit", as ES's Dad has stated without giving a time frame. Disrespectoing opponents and their fans is a spirit that needs to be broken.

The appearance is that if ES was told to show some class, that he pouted and went into a slump and showed no energy (or even interest) on the court for several games after that.

Marshall had coached ES for a year and a half before the UConn game. Evidently Stevenson getting told to show some class and don't disrespect fans and players in their gym brokwe his spirit.

I will say that ES was really good against the soft part of the schedule.
                                Neither you nor I know what Marshall and his assistant coaches said to ES post the UGone game. What everyone should know by now is that ES' game went into the crapper after he was "coached" by Marshall and his staff.

Given the number of players leaving the Shockers one could objectively speculate that "coaching" had some thing to do with these departures; whether it was poor recruiting by the coaches or comments during practices or comments during games or comments post games or throwing players "under the bus" via post game comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X