Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

C'mon. He's 6'3 jumping as high as possible, not a 7'0 Bill Russell timing his jump without really having to jump off of the floor. Eric was running down the floor as fast as he could, timing his jump at just the exact time, and lunging/reaching at the peak of his effort.

While Eric has really fine body control, there is no way he could have twisted his body more to "barely top it so a teammate could have snagged it" as you suggest.

Maybe you were just being sarcastic (not sure), but you are correct that he isn't really a shot blocker.
    Bill Russel was 6’9”

Comment

I haven’t seen anyone criticize the blocked shot. Just a discussion about the nuances of blocking shots.

Comment

I watched the game again. Etienne's 3 late in the game was classic. Remember Eldridge's article about moving when a player can see the back of his defender's head?

In the switching on that play Etienne's defender had to cover Echenique for a little while. When that happened Etienne repositioned into the corner where Echenique could still see him. Etienne saw the back of his defenders head and moved to an open spot where Echenique could still see him. Echenique had to recognize that and hold the ball for a moment to let Etienne get to his new spot.

It looks simple when you just watch, but that shot required a Fr to understand an offensive opportunity and a Sr to know what the Fr was going to do. That kind of play takes some recognition and understanding between players.

Edit: Class Shockernet. I just realized I made a post about the understanding between Etienne and Echenique in the thread about Stevenson.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Edit: Class Shockernet. I just realized I made a post about the understanding between Etienne and Echenique in the thread about Stevenson.
          But Stevenson saw the whole thing, so still relevant!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

ES sees everything!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Actually, it was more than that. Erik used his extra sensory abilities (the force if you will) to guide the actions of Jaime and Tyson. Prove me wrong!

Seriously, though Erik is giving us the answer to a question we had before the season and that was who would step up as the leaders of this team. Erik has done that more than anyone at this point.

Comment

Next is to see the kid step up in the "big" game. It appears he's capable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Actually, it was more than that. Erik used his extra sensory abilities (the force if you will) to guide the actions of Jaime and Tyson. Prove me wrong!

Seriously, though Erik is giving us the answer to a question we had before the season and that was who would step up as the leaders of this team. Erik has done that more than anyone at this point.
                  He used his Peter Tingle for Spider-Man Far from Home fans.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

He used his Peter Tingle for Spider-Man Far from Home fans.
                    The fact that it is Marisa Tomei as Aunt May saying "Peter Tingle" is meta on MANY levels. ES would agree I'm sure (to keep the post at least tangentally on topic).
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Gregg Marshall on Erik Stevenson today:

Erik Stevenson's consistency:

"He's shown some consistency. I mean, out of the sophomores, he's been the most consistent. All of those guys have had their moments. Erik has been that consistent guy all through the summer and the fall. He's a leader. You hear his voice all the time. We've just got to make sure his voice is saying the right things because he's passionate and energetic. He's fun to coach and he has a lot of energy."

Comment

• Congratulations to E. Stevenson on AAC player of the week. Keep grinding young man.

Comment

• Thanks again Erik! Hope you get another AAC POW
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Who else deserves it more???

Comment

• Erik "the Alien" Stevenson. Because I think this guy is going to make otherworldly strides ever year. He's just that kinda guy.

If so, he'll be SCARY good by the time he's a senior, because he's so good now I wanna punch somebody.

Comment

• A tall guard who can create his own shots is special. Definitely NBA kind.
                                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                                X