Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s cold but not really cold. The moisture freezes out of the air at that temp and becomes comfortable in a good hoodie. I get colder in Kansas at 15 and windy than -30.
    I'll call bull on that. Yes, the wind sucks when it is cold, but -30 is -30.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I'll call bull on that. Yes, the wind sucks when it is cold, but -30 is -30.
      Yeah, but it’s a “dry” cold. Very similar to the “dry” 120° of Vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Dude get your windshield fixed...
        That is an Alaskan windshield. If you fix it every time you get a crack you’ll go through 1-2 a year. Plus, I live 150 mile from the nearest glass shop.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

Yeah, but it’s a “dry” cold. Very similar to the “dry” 120° of Vegas.
          It’s still cold yes, but your clothes insulate better in the dry cold.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It’s cold but not really cold. The moisture freezes out of the air at that temp and becomes comfortable in a good hoodie. I get colder in Kansas at 15 and windy than -30.
            vector-illustration-meter-detecting-levels-260nw-399762697.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Really cold is below minus -50, which we saw for a week straight last winter.

Comment

It’s still cold yes, but your clothes insulate better in the dry cold.
                My sarcasm didn’t show in my previous comment. I agree with you. I lived in the western mountains for a time where it was not abnormal to be well below zero. Truck had a hard time starting without a block heater, but because there wasn’t much wind (if any), we could go out for the day in a decent jacket. Sunscreen was a must, though, as snow was on the ground from early October through late May.

Comment

• I’ll take 120 in Vegas versus 90 in Louisiana. Same theory.

Comment

• I'll take sunny and 82 in San Diego for $500, Alex.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'll take MORE THE PROCESS talk and LESS weather in Alaska task, for $100, Alex!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I'll take sunny and 82 in San Diego for $500, Alex.
                        I'll take that too. It's been horrible and in the low 60's here lately. ;)

Comment

That is an Alaskan windshield. If you fix it every time you get a crack you’ll go through 1-2 a year. Plus, I live 150 mile from the nearest glass shop.
                          Plus you're bound to hit a moose or a polar bear or a big ass walrus in a couple months anyway, right?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Plus you're bound to hit a moose or a polar bear or a big ass walrus in a couple months anyway, right?
                            Penguins are the worst

Comment

Penguins are the worst
                              They have the Alaskan Penguin exhibit at the Des Moines Zoo. My wife thought they were cute so I stole one of those little bastards out of the nursery. The thing crapped on the back seat, then regurgitated a bunch of anchovies, so I chucked him out the window doing 70. Thing never hit the ground, just started flying north. I hope he made it back home.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

They have the Alaskan Penguin exhibit at the Des Moines Zoo. My wife thought they were cute so I stole one of those little bastards out of the nursery. The thing crapped on the back seat, then regurgitated a bunch of anchovies, so I chucked him out the window doing 70. Thing never hit the ground, just started flying north. I hope he made it back home.
                                Oh I’m sure. We use them like homing pigeons to communicate village to village. Most of our igloos have penguin doors similar to doggy doors for our tuxedoed friends. They don’t taste half bad either. It’s a delicacy to find one of those males that has been sitting on an egg for 49 years and make balut.

Comment

Working...
                                X