No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you want but Erik is the key to this team this year, when he is "on" the team is totally different. For his size he is a rebounding machine, first on the floor for every loose ball, tough, good basketball IQ, always hustles and puts all he has on the court and it seems to be contagious. And personally I love his on-court demeanor, a player that our opponents hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I agree with this; but I don't understand the call. Watching the replay I'm not sure ES did any taunting except to the crowd and the bench. Overall didn't amount to much, but seemed like (one of many) BS calls. Mike K stated the refs were trying to inject themselves in the game all afternoon and the last minute was the worst.
      What he got called for wasn't televised. He didn't get T'd for what was on camera. The T was later when the cameras weren't on him. Someone who was near the situation in the 4th row has said earlier in this thread, he was face to face and jawing with a Tulsa player. It was a double T, which is almost always a situation involving two players going at it with each other. There would never be a double T for anything Stevenson did after the shove while walking toward the sidelines, which is the part everybody keeps saying shouldn't have gotten him T'd up.

That didn't get him T'd, as that would not have been a double T.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
        Say what you want but Erik is the key to this team this year, when he is "on" the team is totally different. For his size he is a rebounding machine, first on the floor for every loose ball, tough, good basketball IQ, always hustles and puts all he has on the court and it seems to be contagious. And personally I love his on-court demeanor, a player that our opponents hate.
        I agree with this, Erik just needs to realize that being a key to the team doesn't mean he is the main guy and has to do something every time he gets the ball. When he plays smart and with the right energy, he can put us over the hump.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I agree with this; but I don't understand the call. Watching the replay I'm not sure ES did any taunting except to the crowd and the bench. Overall didn't amount to much, but seemed like (one of many) BS calls. Mike K stated the refs were trying to inject themselves in the game all afternoon and the last minute was the worst.
          Doesn't show on the replay but it was a result of official malfeasance. Typically when officials go to the monitor to review action the first thing they do is send both teams to their own bench. Not this time, players were left to loiter and ES and #4 for TU circled back to each other and had an up close conversation. An official noticed and went up to tell them to disperse and they didn't. T'd them up. I'm not sure what ES last comment was to #4 but he pointed to his Tulsa logo on his chest and chuckled. Good for him, add some fuel to the dormant rivalry!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Doesn't show on the replay but it was a result of official malfeasance. Typically when officials go to the monitor to review action the first thing they do is send both teams to their own bench. Not this time, players were left to loiter and ES and #4 for TU circled back to each other and had an up close conversation. An official noticed and went up to tell them to disperse and they didn't. T'd them up. I'm not sure what ES last comment was to #4 but he pointed to his Tulsa logo on his chest and chuckled. Good for him, add some fuel to the dormant rivalry!
            Oh, ok. I didn't notice this at the time, but this finally makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Just checked join dates. You joined when the Shox were picked to be a top 10 team, win the AAC, and get a super-high seed in the tourney. Bandwagon fans are a dime a dozen. Those of us who've supported the program for decades are able to admit to potential weaknesses and still support the team. The program is more important than any individual in the program.
              Back in the '80s when "the chant" was banned, we (3 or 4 of us as students) took in kuzos and did our own chant. Probably didn't sound good because half of us were putting a little rum in the coca cola. And if you were a member of a frat or sorority at the time, my apologies if you ever had a drink or food item ruined because of confetti being thrown. We would sneak in with small bags of the stuff and throw it on the first basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Back in the '80s when "the chant" was banned, we (3 or 4 of us as students) took in kuzos and did our own chant. Probably didn't sound good because half of us were putting a little rum in the coca cola. And if you were a member of a frat or sorority at the time, my apologies if you ever had a drink or food item ruined because of confetti being thrown. We would sneak in with small bags of the stuff and throw it on the first basket.

That was awesome!

Comment

Back in the '80s when "the chant" was banned, we (3 or 4 of us as students) took in kuzos ...
                  Please, please for the sake of OCD folks everywhere, PLEASE, let me change your username to not have the (1) on it? It's worse than when you go on that first date in high school and she keeps staring at the big ass zit on your nose. Well maybe not that bad, but it's a push.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Please, please for the sake of OCD folks everywhere, PLEASE, let me change your username to not have the (1) on it? It's worse than when you go on that first date in high school and she keeps staring at the big ass zit on your nose. Well maybe not that bad, but it's a push.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It would be interesting to know the ages of the posters here who appreciate trash talk, showboating, disrespecting the opposing teams, etc. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur; I remember when it was OK to do things like help an opposing player up, let your game do the talking and keep your big mouth and attention-drawing antics to yourself. Like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown or whoever it was who said it..."Act like you've been there before."
                      "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Hmmm Larry Bird played in the olden days. Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

And you want to steal my mojo?? Man, that's Ludacris!

Comment

And you want to steal my mojo?? Man, that's Ludacris!
                            Done!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              Did anyone else hear 3G press conference.... almost seemed
                              like he was mentioning this Erik’s dad stuff.

In a question about Erik playing well, said he looked like the old Erik.. then said something along the lines of...

“These guys have so much going on. It’s amazing what we deal with now from a personal perspective. All of them have so much going on with the social media and the families and friends and coaches. Today everybody had laser focus.”

Said it all respectfully and complementary of ES. But the timing of it... seems purposeful to me.
                              Social media is a cancer. They should shut it all off and just live. Live in the real world.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

Social media is a cancer. They should shut it all off and just live. Live in the real world.
                                He should least have the decency to talk trash about players and coaches anonymously on a message board!
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X