Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I'm hoping we are just in a prolonged adjustment period of seeing quicker defenders closing out on our shots.

We are getting blocked a lot cause we aren't quick enough to the basket. Same issues as last year.

I think we will get back to form.
    Houston was blocking Uconn's shots last night as well. I think there are some teams in the conference that are good at blocking shots. It's usually a secondary defender getting the block.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
      Eric seems fatigued imo. Prior to this slump it seemed to me he was all over the court frantically excelling in all facets......I think he hit a wall......but will regain his legs and focus......Would never have thought we’d be 16-3 at this point( or that Tulsa would be in first!)........the league continues to surprise me as I experience it....had to see it for myself I guess.
      He did "hit a wall"... yes, he literally "hit a wall"....
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sometimes our shooting is a disgrace to the sport.
        Can't argue with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Right? I wonder if these same people were calling Fred "classless" and a punk when he demonstrated testicles after canning a deep 3 next to Dan Muller a few years ago.
          Come on Fev. You and everyone else here knows what you'd have to say about an opposing player that would have done that here, to our crowd, after their win.

I have not called ES a punk (nor do I even come close to believing such a thing on him), but I do know one of our Coach's mottos: "Act like you've been there before" and show good sportsmanship.

Fred's example is nothing the same. It was at home, in front of his Shocker fans, and he was making the display to his own players more so than the other team and definitely not to the opposing team's bench.

Whether you or I believe in anything like karma or not, the timing is undisputable. ES was hotter than a firecracker the for 4 games, including the UConn game, and pretty much a dud the next 2 games. And, yes, I do believe he more than likely hit an exhaustion wall.

Comment

• It's hard to believe how mind****ed this kid is right now. And we need him

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              It's hard to believe how mind****ed this kid is right now. And we need him
              Dude is the most emotional player on the court .. for better or for worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Dude is the most emotional player on the court .. for better or for worse.
                For richer or for poorer (poor kid)...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I do not feel any of the players played with any emotion last night. All seem to be standing around watching one player dribbling around and then throwing up a last second off balanced shot. We need to see some passion on both ends of the court and some movement on offense. .

Comment

• We need some ballers on this team. By the time our past great players were sophomores, they were serious ballers (Ron, Fred, Landry, Markis) - I don't see anyone on this roster near this level. We especially need a guy that can run point on this team. Several guys here talked about how great Noah was gonna be. If he can't crack this rotation, what does it say about his PG skills? And the earlier talk about Erik>Ron? I don't know what it is about our recruiting, the guys look good on paper coming in but we need to step up the talent level a notch or 2.

Comment

• Dexter had the eye of the tiger last night.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        We need some ballers on this team. By the time our past great players were sophomores, they were serious ballers (Ron, Fred, Landry, Markis) - I don't see anyone on this roster near this level. We especially need a guy that can run point on this team. Several guys here talked about how great Noah was gonna be. If he can't crack this rotation, what does it say about his PG skills? And the earlier talk about Erik>Ron? I don't know what it is about our recruiting, the guys look good on paper coming in but we need to step up the talent level a notch or 2.
                        Dude they are YOUNG! ! ! All 4 of those guys you mentioned were not asked to do as much as this group has. Fred looked very freshman until the NCAA tournament. Ron had a redshirt year to learn and grow, same with Landry. Markis was a 3rd or 4th option until his senior year.
                        And your comparing this group of young players to 3 guys that played in the freaking NBA, 2 of whom are starters on teams that will be high playoff seeded teams.
                        Pump the breaks

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

Dude they are YOUNG! ! ! All 4 of those guys you mentioned were not asked to do as much as this group has. Fred looked very freshman until the NCAA tournament. Ron had a redshirt year to learn and grow, same with Landry. Markis was a 3rd or 4th option until his senior year.
                          And your comparing this group of young players to 3 guys that played in the freaking NBA, 2 of whom are starters on teams that will be high playoff seeded teams.
                          Pump the breaks
                          So much truth here.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Fred was one of the top PGs in the country as a sophomore and Ron's best chance at the draft was probably after his soph year. Landry went pro after his 3rd year, but was a redshirt soph. Not that much older than these guys. Just saying the crop of young guys we have (mainly looking at the soph class) are not on this level. Markis was probably better as a soph than a junior, he was a great role player. I would put Dexter on level with McDuffie, very similar players, but not the other guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

Pump the breaks
                              Absolutely totally agree.

Comment

• Also...try pumping the brakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X