Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There might be more who should take note.
    3 shot limit for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

3 shot limit for everyone.
      Do you think 1-11 is good?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do you think 1-11 is good?
        Nope. Nor did I say it was. Nor do I know who you're talking about.

But I'd wager we're better off taking shots than not taking shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Nope. Nor did I say it was. Nor do I know who you're talking about.

But I'd wager we're better off taking shots than not taking shots.
          You questioned my response to somebody stating to let the game come to them and not play hero ball. You took offense to it by saying we shouldn't shoot, which in no way, shape, or form is what I was stating or implying. So are you saying we should have players that play hero ball?

I'd wager we're better off taking smart shots than forced, dumb, predictable shots. I don't think taking shots to take shots is a good philosophy going forward.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
            I’m glad to have him. He has been in a funk lately (as has the team) but he is a major reason we beat some good teams and have the record we enjoy today.

I absolutely agree with that. Stevenson has been a vital part of WSU's record to this point. I think he's getting a lesson in behavior that he didn't want, but may have needed.

I think we're going to get Stevenson back with his energy, a little less showboating (going back on D with 3 fingers raised on both hands after hitting a shot), a little less arrogance, and a lot more "been there, done that". Rule #1 in any competitive activity is to never give your opponents a reason to want to beat you.

I've followed the Shox since before Stallworth was recruited. I can't remember a single player who would have taunted an opponent crowd in their gym.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Make shots?
              Like, disgrace the sport in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Like, disgrace the sport in any way.
                Sometimes our shooting is a disgrace to the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sometimes our shooting is a disgrace to the sport.
                  … but we are idolized by brick layers...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think our guards are all good shooters when taking good wide open shots. What they need to improve on is good
                    ball movement, making quick moves without the ball, rubbing off their defenders, and seeing the court/team mates to
                    create better shots and NOT dribbling too much and forcing up bad shots. This applies to the entire team.

Comment

• From our seats in row 31, it's really easy to tell a good shot from a bad shot. My guess is that is tougher on the floor.

Comment

• I'm hoping we are just in a prolonged adjustment period of seeing quicker defenders closing out on our shots.

We are getting blocked a lot cause we aren't quick enough to the basket. Same issues as last year.

I think we will get back to form.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The negative comments made by some against ES is deplorable. He has gone through some emotional turmoil this season, gives 100% for Wichita Sate and the team. I couldn’t care less about him blowing kisses to the UCONN fans. Unbelievable.
                          Go ES, Let ‘em hang!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            The negative comments made by some against ES is deplorable. He has gone through some emotional turmoil this season, gives 100% for Wichita Sate and the team. I couldn’t care less about him blowing kisses to the UCONN fans. Unbelievable.
                            Go ES, Let ‘em hang!
                            Right? I wonder if these same people were calling Fred "classless" and a punk when he demonstrated testicles after canning a deep 3 next to Dan Muller a few years ago.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I'm hoping we are just in a prolonged adjustment period of seeing quicker defenders closing out on our shots.

We are getting blocked a lot cause we aren't quick enough to the basket. Same issues as last year.

I think we will get back to form.
                              I'd buy that if we didn't already have good games against 5 Power conference teams + VCU ...

More likely they are just tired and it's in their head.

Comment

• Eric seems fatigued imo. Prior to this slump it seemed to me he was all over the court frantically excelling in all facets......I think he hit a wall......but will regain his legs and focus......Would never have thought we’d be 16-3 at this point( or that Tulsa would be in first!)........the league continues to surprise me as I experience it....had to see it for myself I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X