Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bighouse View Post

    Dude they are YOUNG! ! ! All 4 of those guys you mentioned were not asked to do as much as this group has. Fred looked very freshman until the NCAA tournament. Ron had a redshirt year to learn and grow, same with Landry. Markis was a 3rd or 4th option until his senior year.
    And your comparing this group of young players to 3 guys that played in the freaking NBA, 2 of whom are starters on teams that will be high playoff seeded teams.
    Pump the breaks
    100% this!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Fred was one of the top PGs in the country as a sophomore and Ron's best chance at the draft was probably after his soph year. Landry went pro after his 3rd year, but was a redshirt soph. Not that much older than these guys. Just saying the crop of young guys we have (mainly looking at the soph class) are not on this level. Markis was probably better as a soph than a junior, he was a great role player. I would put Dexter on level with McDuffie, very similar players, but not the other guys.
      I bet JB would look much better if he had an NBA 4 man and NBA 2 man. I bet Eric would look a little better if he had and NBA point guard and an NBA 4 man. No team in this league has freaking FVV on their team, his a once in a generation player. Stop comparing this group of soph. to one of the best teams in shocker history. A team is the sum of its parts, and when you have 3 NBA part on your team, everyone looks a little better. Did you think maybe Ron had such a good sophomore year and mcduffie was do good as a soph and jr, because they had experienced guys around them, experience matters, and not just individually but collectively.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Dexter had the eye of the tiger last night.
        I would agree, but he still needs to take it to the hole and dunk on people... ram it in their face. He has 'fumble fingers' occasionally when trying to pick up a loose ball, but I'm buying stock again.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Fred was one of the top PGs in the country as a sophomore and Ron's best chance at the draft was probably after his soph year. Landry went pro after his 3rd year, but was a redshirt soph. Not that much older than these guys. Just saying the crop of young guys we have (mainly looking at the soph class) are not on this level. Markis was probably better as a soph than a junior, he was a great role player. I would put Dexter on level with McDuffie, very similar players, but not the other guys.
          Well .. duh .. it's really rare for guys to go pro after their sophomore years which what you are insinuating. Just because they don't go pro now doesn't mean we wont have a solid team going forward for the next 2 years. They just are taking some bumps now because they came into the conference as the hunted. Everyone circled us to start as THE game they needed to try to override the fact that no one else did anything in the non-con.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
            Also...try pumping the brakes!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

            Comment


            • We need to get taller, deeper and more athletic at the 4 & 5 period. That will solve a lot of our problems. The guys we have there bust their butts but the fact of the matter is getting shots blocked and pushed around inside affects our overall shooting percentage.

              Comment




              • "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  We need to get taller, deeper and more athletic at the 4 & 5 period. That will solve a lot of our problems. The guys we have there bust their butts but the fact of the matter is getting shots blocked and pushed around inside affects our overall shooting percentage.
                  No doubt, Cincy had some long-armed quick-jumping athletes...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    We need to get taller, deeper and more athletic at the 4 & 5 period. That will solve a lot of our problems. The guys we have there bust their butts but the fact of the matter is getting shots blocked and pushed around inside affects our overall shooting percentage.
                    Do you think Gordon and Bilau are part of the solution? Assuming, of course, both play the 4 next year.

                    I am a Mitdgaard fan, but I am concerned about the 5 next year without JE. AM needs to get tougher and fast. There's no reason he shouldn't be the court bully. And MU needs to figure out how to play without fouling every 15 seconds.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

                    Comment


                    • FVV his sophomore year played almost entirely against MVC caliber competition (even in the non-con) and had Cle (sr), Tekele (jr), and a platoon of upperclassmen centers -- all with deep NCAA tournament experience. Intellectually, he was a man playing against child competition, with a veritable cache of experienced weapons to attack with.

                      Sherfield is a freaking freshman playing against high-major competition with an arsenal of weapons that have exactly ZERO NCAA experience. (I do not believe Asbjorn checked into the games against Dayton or Kentucky, someone correct me if I am wrong).

                      Overall I am amazed at how well our freshmen have performed, and hope they get some sorely needed NCAA experience under their belt this year. That would be AMAZING and set the stage for what is to come. I truly believe that Stevenson and Burton will be MUCH more consistent next year, as their confidence skyrockets.

                      I am REALLY going to miss Echenique.
                      The Greek pronunciation for 'Gregg Marshall' is Zeus.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WstateU View Post

                        No doubt, Cincy had some long-armed quick-jumping athletes...
                        Seems like all the teams in the AAC do. Shiesh... yeah we need some. Guess they're harder to get than I expected by joining the AAC.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

                        NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

                        NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

                        AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                        Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

                        Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

                          Do you think Gordon and Bilau are part of the solution? Assuming, of course, both play the 4 next year.

                          I am a Mitdgaard fan, but I am concerned about the 5 next year without JE. AM needs to get tougher and fast. There's no reason he shouldn't be the court bully. And MU needs to figure out how to play without fouling every 15 seconds.
                          MU seems to be completely lost lately. I don't know if the lack of playing time has messed with his head, but he looks scared to death out there. He's jittery and moving all over the place.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            FVV his sophomore year played almost entirely against MVC caliber competition (even in the non-con) and had Cle (sr), Tekele (jr), and a platoon of upperclassmen centers -- all with deep NCAA tournament experience. Intellectually, he was a man playing against child competition, with a veritable cache of experienced weapons to attack with.

                            Sherfield is a freaking freshman playing against high-major competition with an arsenal of weapons that have exactly ZERO NCAA experience. (I do not believe Asbjorn checked into the games against Dayton or Kentucky, someone correct me if I am wrong).

                            Overall I am amazed at how well our freshmen have performed, and hope they get some sorely needed NCAA experience under their belt this year. That would be AMAZING and set the stage for what is to come. I truly believe that Stevenson and Burton will be MUCH more consistent next year, as their confidence skyrockets.

                            I am REALLY going to miss Echenique.
                            Great point and important to remember whilst we go through the fruitless exercise of comparing this group of Shockers to the FVV/Baker days. In their first two years, those guys had talented upperclassmen to lean on--including perhaps the most underrated player in modern memory, Tekele Freakin' Cotton. This present group was thrown into the fire, and it's not surprising we're having some ups and downs.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

                            Comment


                            • Frankly thought there was a LOT of jogging last night, except for Tyson...lots of guys looking like if they're not in, , they are not engaged...just an eyeball observation...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                FVV his sophomore year played almost entirely against MVC caliber competition (even in the non-con) and had Cle (sr), Tekele (jr), and a platoon of upperclassmen centers -- all with deep NCAA tournament experience. Intellectually, he was a man playing against child competition, with a veritable cache of experienced weapons to attack with.

                                Sherfield is a freaking freshman playing against high-major competition with an arsenal of weapons that have exactly ZERO NCAA experience. (I do not believe Asbjorn checked into the games against Dayton or Kentucky, someone correct me if I am wrong).

                                Overall I am amazed at how well our freshmen have performed, and hope they get some sorely needed NCAA experience under their belt this year. That would be AMAZING and set the stage for what is to come. I truly believe that Stevenson and Burton will be MUCH more consistent next year, as their confidence skyrockets.

                                I am REALLY going to miss Echenique.
                                To expand on your point. Just think how this group would be dominating in the MVC this year. Of course more than likely we wouldn't have this group if we were still in the MVC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X