Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Ron was a helluva player. He had some off nights as well during his Shocker career. It happens to the best of 'em. Their human. ES and all the Shockers will be just fine! GO SHOCKS!!!
    During the post game interview, coach Marshall mentioned that Erik told him he wasn't feeling well before and during the game; maybe Memphis brought us the flu. Hopefully it's the 24 hour flu.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ron Baker REDSHIRT So. Stats:
      13.2 ppg
      3.8 rpg
      3.1 apg
      1.8 assist to turnover ration

Erik Stevenson So. Stats (thus far):
      13.2 ppg
      5.1 rpg
      2.5 apg
      1.7 assist to turnover ratio

I love Ron and am not saying ES > RB but the stats are fairly similar.
      That RB soph season was the perfect season so apples and oranges when comparing teams and individual stats.

Comment

• If Shocks take care of business tomorrow all we be forgotten. Crowd needs to bring it like we did for Memphis. I expect a bounce back but it won’t be easy...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

During the post game interview, coach Marshall mentioned that Erik told him he wasn't feeling well before and during the game; maybe Memphis brought us the flu. Hopefully it's the 24 hour flu.
          Was that the postgame with MK after the Temple game or some other game? I listened to Marshall during the Temple postgame and didn't here him mention anything about Erik

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Was that the postgame with MK after the Temple game or some other game? I listened to Marshall during the Temple postgame and didn't here him mention anything about Erik
            No, it wasn't with MK, it was the media room postgame or could have been a hallway interview after the Temple game; I believe I saw it on KWCH Channel 12, but not 1000% sure.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That RB soph season was the perfect season so apples and oranges when comparing teams and individual stats.
              Not sure I follow how that was apples and oranges. Obviously different teams, different seasons, players, opponents, etc. Is that what you are saying? Just confused on the perfect season aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

No, it wasn't with MK, it was the media room postgame or could have been a hallway interview after the Temple game; I believe I saw it on KWCH Channel 12, but not 1000% sure.
                Okay, thanks.

Edit: Here is Marshall's postgame with the media where he mentioned that Erik said he didn't feel well in the first half.

Last edited by 1979Shocker; January 17, 2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• “Penny may have lost the game, but he wasn’t willing to concede the war. With his players sick, he instructed his junior assistant lil’ Penny to spread the sickness to Erik Stevenson via contaminated Gatorade bottle. This will show them Shockers, he said with a menacing scowl as the scoreboard at Koch Arena showed 0s”

Comment

• Nothing against ES, I think he has a very similar college upside/ceiling to RB. The main difference I see is offensive decisions, shot selection in particular. The best I can see stat wise to try and throw light on that is this comparison:

2P%, 3P%, True Shooting%, Effective FG%

ES Soph - 46, 35, 54, 50

RB Soph - 55, 38, 62, 56

I'm not taking a side in the argument, but what explains this gap to me is my repeated observations of a lot of ES shots that RB wouldn't have taken (early/mid shot clock, between the legs straight up contested, fadeaways, etc.). Remove those and I bet the numbers are pretty similar.

Edit: Then again there aren't stats that show how much better guys shoot when Fred Van Vleet is running point.

Comment

• The fact is there's multiple facets to discuss when comparing (and contrasting) the two.

The fact there is a discussion about it and not laughed off the board is quite a feat already. And that means Erik is in great company indeed!

Comment

• I don’t think Erik is in Tob’s league at all... yet... my thought was why attack a kid for one bad game??

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not sure I follow how that was apples and oranges. Obviously different teams, different seasons, players, opponents, etc. Is that what you are saying? Just confused on the perfect season aspect.
                          That team was LOADED starting with FVV's best season in a Shocker uni and Cle to score the ball and Cotton to lockdown defend. They didn't need Ron to be the focal point or go out and get points and take over a game. That team may very well beat this year's team by double digits. Ron's stats would look different on this year's roster.

I feel very fortunate that ES is part of the program. I believe he has all conference potential (that's a VERY good player BTW) but IMO not in the league of RB. Ron just had the "It" factor in spades (can't teach), was a natural leader (can't teach) and had a lot of natural talent that never went untapped. You could tell by the end of his freshman season he was different and special.

Comment

• I've taken some time to think and reflect, and here's my opinion, which I'm certain some will get uppity about and blast me because of it.

Going to half court and blowing kisses at an opposing teams' fan base after a hard fought game is REALLY bad. It's classless. It's rude. It's incredibly immature. It probably didn't set well with the coaching staff or the rest of the team. What would we have thought if Kyle Weems, at MSU, had done that in CKA? We would have blasted him for weeks.

If Stevenson had any intention of becoming a team leader, he blew it off in that moment. You might say he kissed it goodbye. To be a team leader, a player has to have the respect of his teammates. From what I've seen and heard from many of the team members, they give and get respect. They are a group of young men who appear to have high standards of behavior and what is right and what is wrong.

It's reasonable to think that Stevenson took some heat from both his teammates and the coaching staff. That may have contributed to his shooting slump, I also noticed that Marshall pulled him out of the game with about 30 seconds left at USF. Why sub a player out with 38 seconds left and a 15-point lead? To make a point with that player that he isn't going to be on the court at the end of a victory on the road.

If a player on an opposing team did that at CKA, we would think of and call that player a punk.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I was at the USF game and he had words with two USF fans in the stands near the end of the game. A security guard moved over to stand behind him in the aisle between the stands and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I've taken some time to think and reflect, and here's my opinion, which I'm certain some will get uppity about and blast me because of it.

Going to half court and blowing kisses at an opposing teams' fan base after a hard fought game is REALLY bad. It's classless. It's rude. It's incredibly immature. It probably didn't set well with the coaching staff or the rest of the team. What would we have thought if Kyle Weems, at MSU, had done that in CKA? We would have blasted him for weeks.

If Stevenson had any intention of becoming a team leader, he blew it off in that moment. You might say he kissed it goodbye. To be a team leader, a player has to have the respect of his teammates. From what I've seen and heard from many of the team members, they give and get respect. They are a group of young men who appear to have high standards of behavior and what is right and what is wrong.

It's reasonable to think that Stevenson took some heat from both his teammates and the coaching staff. That may have contributed to his shooting slump, I also noticed that Marshall pulled him out of the game with about 30 seconds left at USF. Why sub a player out with 38 seconds left and a 15-point lead? To make a point with that player that he isn't going to be on the court at the end of a victory on the road.

If a player on an opposing team did that at CKA, we would think of and call that player a punk.

I don’t disagree, however don’t players do the “shhh” gesture all the time? If blowing kisses is rude, I think “shhhing” the crowd would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X