Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMO his ceiling is a poor man's RB and that is still a damn good player

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
      What ever happened to our Shockers yesterday happened to the entire team. I imagine Erik will redeem himself against Houston.
      Maybe minus JB and JE.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        IMO his ceiling is a poor man's RB and that is still a damn good player
        Ron Baker REDSHIRT So. Stats:
        13.2 ppg
        3.8 rpg
        3.1 apg
        1.8 assist to turnover ration

        Erik Stevenson So. Stats (thus far):
        13.2 ppg
        5.1 rpg
        2.5 apg
        1.7 assist to turnover ratio

        I love Ron and am not saying ES > RB but the stats are fairly similar.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WstateU View Post

          Yes, we have a "Character Coach" on staff. I'm sure he could help me too... it's been a long 15 hours.




          You are beyond help.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

            Ron Baker REDSHIRT So. Stats:
            13.2 ppg
            3.8 rpg
            3.1 apg
            1.8 assist to turnover ration

            Erik Stevenson So. Stats (thus far):
            13.2 ppg
            5.1 rpg
            2.5 apg
            1.7 assist to turnover ratio

            I love Ron and am not saying ES > RB but the stats are fairly similar.
            There is not a stat for "key" game moments where the top-shelf players make the BBIQ plays. If there was, Baker would out distance himself from the pack. I am a big Erik fan, but to compare him to Baker is a bit premature at this point regardless of the stat sheet metrics.

            Comment


            • Ron Baker Big Shot Maker (or RBBSM as me and my friends like to call him) is a legend and needs his jersey hanging in the rafters along with FVV.

              I think ES is wonderful also, and could have a higher ceiling if he can keep improving that BBIQ. Vast improvement from last year to say the least.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                Ron Baker Big Shot Maker (or RBBSM as me and my friends like to call him) is a legend and needs his jersey hanging in the rafters along with FVV.

                I think ES is wonderful also, and could have a higher ceiling if he can keep improving that BBIQ. Vast improvement from last year to say the least.
                I think some of you are letting one game cloud your vision. Remember the kid is a Sophomore and has made some pretty HUGE hustle plays and bigtime shots this year. Again, not saying he is better or on par with RB necessarily but it's a lot closer than some think, in my opinion. And that's all it is my opinion. That and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

                  I think some of you are letting one game cloud your vision. Remember the kid is a Sophomore and has made some pretty HUGE hustle plays and bigtime shots this year. Again, not saying he is better or on par with RB necessarily but it's a lot closer than some think, in my opinion. And that's all it is my opinion. That and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee.
                  I agree with you...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    God forbid the kids have a bad game.......burn them at the stake!!!
                    The collective lack of memory about our own bad performances in our experiences is amazing...it's one loss. Move on.
                    I've expressed my "January Wall" theory as it relates to freshmen and newcomers because of the increased physical demands (practice, game schedule, weights) of D1 versus high school and AAU and the mental demands of class. After the 2 OT win at Hartford and not coming home exacerbated the potential effect on sophomores as well. The senior and one sophomore had respectable games; the remainder appeared to be tired physically, a step slow and mentally a beat behind. Hopefully recovery is rapid.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

                    A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

                    Comment


                    • When comparing ES to RB, I think of them like stocks. Some stocks will have more variance than other stocks and some will be more steady. One might have a lot of ups and downs along the way compared to the other, but the net result could still end up the same.

                      I think ES will have higher highs and lower lows than RB. Wouldn't be surprised if their stats still seem comparable when its all said and done. Ron was a more steady, reliable player. ES is more explosive and more of a risk taker. They are both tough guys.
                      The Greek pronunciation for 'Gregg Marshall' is Zeus.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

                        If someone would have said 15-2 after 17 games with this pretty young team, we ALL would have grabbed it in a heartbeat.
                        Yes, Molly, very likely -- and, to us Marshall's pep talk formulation to his team: if someone had told the Shocker players before the season started that 17 games in they could be 15-2, 3-1, most of thaem would probably have taken it.

                        Stuff happens, especially on the road, and Temple's going to beat some people this year. Just need to get home and back underway against a pretty good and dangerous Houstion team. Hold serve, and all will be well.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

                          Yes, Molly, very likely -- and, to us Marshall's pep talk formulation to his team: if someone had told the Shocker players before the season started that 17 games in they could be 15-2, 3-1, most of thaem would probably have taken it.

                          Stuff happens, especially on the road, and Temple's going to beat some people this year. Just need to get home and back underway against a pretty good and dangerous Houstion team. Hold serve, and all will be well.
                          THIS...KEEP PLAYING ON....:) tomorrow is another day(with apologies to Scarlett)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            When comparing ES to RB, I think of them like stocks. Some stocks will have more variance than other stocks and some will be more steady. One might have a lot of ups and downs along the way compared to the other, but the net result could still end up the same.

                            I think ES will have higher highs and lower lows than RB. Wouldn't be surprised if their stats still seem comparable when its all said and done. Ron was a more steady, reliable player. ES is more explosive and more of a risk taker. They are both tough guys.
                            The similarities IMO between the two were very noticeable last year. That said, they're just similarities. I think some people are taking that too far and expecting Ron to walk through the door wearing Eric's jersey. Eh might be a little hyperbole but you never know.

                            Comment


                            • Ron was a helluva player. He had some off nights as well during his Shocker career. It happens to the best of 'em. Their human. ES and all the Shockers will be just fine! GO SHOCKS!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

                              NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

                              NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

                              AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                              Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

                              Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

                              Comment


                              • Just getting home and able to cruise the board after our off night.... Ok, some might call it a Way Off night. But no way am I going to be down on Erik. He has demonstrated all year he is one of the toughest guys on team, and the team leader. Does anyone really think he is the type of kid to go into hiding after a bad game? Hell no. I'll put money on him having a big game against Houston. That goes for the rest of the guys as well.

                                Houston may just get blown out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X