No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In ES's first game a season ago I commented on SN that he looked very "Bakerish". That said, I'm not ready to declare
    that he is better than Baker was. Baker was so good defensively and played so smart. ES is getting closer though.

Comment

• Erik remembers. Last year we got killed there. Erik is fire Shocker Play Angry personified, and they're lucky all they got was a kiss.

Can you guys tell I'm becoming a big fan?

Comment

• Comment

• Some guy on Twitter was accusing ES of paying the refs. ‘Cause it’s well-known that college kids have a huge amount of cash laying around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            Some guy on Twitter was accusing ES of paying the refs. ‘Cause it’s well-known that college kids have a huge amount of cash laying around.
            If he paid the refs, it apparently wasn’t enough. Sheesh. Both teams got jobbed but more often than not we were getting screwed.

Comment

• As I have said, Erik is the perfect player for our program. He knows when to play the underdog and when to play the villain.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I said it in the game thread, but it should be said here:

Erik Stevenson is better than Ron Baker.

Amazing, but true.
                That's bold, and I don't know that I agree with it, but he is way better than the Erik Stevenson that was here last season, and has certainly exceeded the ceiling that I thought was possible for him (h/t WuDrWu for putting that in my ear).
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• He is the best villain since Jamar Howard.

Comment

Some guy on Twitter was accusing ES of paying the refs. ‘Cause it’s well-known that college kids have a huge amount of cash laying around.
                    lol says the team that had about 30 more free throw opportunities.

My Lord are UConn fans out of touch with reality. That's what happens when you've been irrelevant for half a decade.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I honestly didn't think Erik would make it after last season ….. What a turn around. By the time he is a Senior- look out. I've also got to give JB some props. He's a guard in a linebackers body. He's really impressive too

Comment

If that's the case...ES and crew need to demand a refund. Shiesh.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Eriks killer instinct might have got the better of him on a few plays in this game - the three point attempt up 12 w/ a little over a minute to go, the attempt to throw it over the defense from the baseline against the press for a home run, and a couple of his fouls.

As one of the team leaders we need him on the court making good decisions. Running out the shot clock at the end of a game and hitting free throws isn’t as sexy as a dagger three in transition or a breakaway dunk but certain time and score situations call for the former.

I have no doubt he will learn from this game and I love his instinct to bury a team in general. Everyone else has said it already but his leap from last year in all aspects of the game has been incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                            I honestly didn't think Erik would make it after last season ….. What a turn around. By the time he is a Senior- look out. I've also got to give JB some props. He's a guard in a linebackers body. He's really impressive too
                            JB is a power guard.

Comment

• I liked the 3-ball from Erik. I understand arguments to the contrary. The shot was wide, wide open with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. That open, the way he's going, probably a 45%-ish chance to completely end the game right there. If we run 12 more seconds off the clock and Burton forces a drive, everyone is complaining about an idiotic burn offense. I vote he takes that shot in the future. Hopefully he makes it next time.

I do agree about the pass and a couple of his fouls. Those he needs to learn from, IMO. Giving up 2 points on a layup/dunk was probably a smarter choice than fouling an 80% FT shooter and picking up your 3rd foul early in the 2nd half. I also respect that the way he goes balls to the wall is difficult to turn off and is generally a very significant positive for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

If that's the case...ES and crew need to demand a refund. Shiesh.
                                Ha! For sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X