Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    Any predictions on what D1 school, if any, picks up Erik?
    WSU

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Marshall is hardly the only coach who pulls players who make boneheaded plays. Obviously it doesn't happen every time or it would look like a hockey game.

There were tons of times ES would drive to the basket on the baseline or from the top of the key with really no idea where he was going or how he was going to pass or finish the play. What a whiner.
      Also averaged 1 “step on the sideline out of bounds” turnover per game. Won’t miss that.

Comment

• I don’t want anyone whose Dad publicly attacks our Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Also averaged 1 “step on the sideline out of bounds” turnover per game. Won’t miss that.
          You mean ES isn’t able to recognize boundaries?

Comment

• Eric leaving not a surprise at all. Him staying would have been a surprise. Too bad it didn't work out because the young man has the physical tools to be a very fine player. But this move is the right move for him and for the Wichita State program. It just proved not to be a good match. Better to split up and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

You mean ES isn’t able to recognize boundaries?
              Bears repearting
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• In case anybody didn't pick up what I was saying in one of my previous posts on this subject...

...It was the one about the futures of two players. One player is having a professional career. The other might end up as a Jr Hi JV coach with a bad attitude

Shaq Morris Mom: "You get your ass back to Wichita and do what the coach says".

ES Dad: "The coach is mean to my son and broke his spirit".

That is one father doing the greatest job in the world of preparing his son for failure in whatever he does.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Now that Erik is leaving, I’ll mention a couple things that really rubbed me the wrong way. I wasn’t a fan of his Twitter Tough Guy approach.

Before the VCU game, he tweeted that “we (the team) EXPECT a full crowd.” Dude, it’ll be fine. Shocker Nation shows up for big games in spades. No need to lecture us into going to the game, especially that one.

After the Houston home loss, he tweeted that “those who switched sides can stay there.” Uhhh...there are Shocker fans (including many on this board) who have been Shocker fans longer than he’s been alive. No one is jumping ship over a stupid two-game losing streak. Frustrated, sure...but this isn’t an apathetic fanbase.

I had commented to Doc more than once that Erik talks a lot of crap for a guy who had struggled on the court.

I hope Erik finds whatever he is looking for. It’s probably just as well that he is leaving.
                  agree

Comment

• Seeing his Twitter activity with “liking” and “retweeting” tweet about all the schools interested in/reaching out to him is telling, IMO.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Ok I want to say I hope WSU plays against Erik and his new team in the tourney. I’m predicting now he will go 4-14 with 3 turnovers and a Tech. His issues are all mental. There’s a fragility there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Seeing his Twitter activity with “liking” and “retweeting” tweet about all the schools interested in/reaching out to him is telling, IMO.
                        yep

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post

yep
                          How so? Pettiness?

Comment

• Is it possible that whatever pushed ES over the edge also pushed JB over? I certainly don't know but makes me wonder
                            the problem could be something other than what most of you believe. Don't think we will ever really hear what their side of
                            things were. Anyone really know JB's reason? On another note what do some of you think about opening up practices?
                            Good or bad ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

How so? Pettiness?
                              That he is more concerned about himself and his accolades.

Doesn’t scream “leader” to me.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

true

Comment

Working...
                                X