No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because you run your mouth all the time, doesn’t necessarily make you a leader. He’s not leading when players aren’t listening and some of it is directed at coaches

Comment

• You must be privy to inside info the rest of us don't have if you know other players are not listening and he is directing remarks at the
      coaches. What I meant by leadership is his intensity / desire that I believe infected his team mates in a positive way when we were winning.
      I still believe he is the closest one on the team as being a leader and for that reason needs to start and play more minutes.

Comment

• Arguing with Coach when you get taken out, ain't gonna get you more minutes

Comment

• Especially when he drove the baseline with really no idea what he was going to do and threw the ball away. But I love the effort and heart of ES.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yah, I don't get it either. People ***** that we don't have leaders and that we're soft and that we act like we don't care. And then you have a kid that has charisma, pizazz, is vocal, and wants to fire everybody up and those same people then ***** that he "talks too much".

It's unbelievable. I don't think it's a coincidence that ever since we've had a subdued ES we're 2-5 and he's played like poo.
            ^^^^^^^^
            what he said

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              I have never understood why he got benched just cause he had 2-3 bad games. IMHO, he is the only one on the team
              that has showed some leadership. I don't think this team will rebound without him playing 24-32 minutes per game and
              he should start. We were winning when he was a starter and I believe it was because others were following his lead
              of playing inspired ball. It seemed to inspire the others around him, as well.
              What specific leadership traits have you seen?

And btw, I'm not picking on any one player as I feel this team is currently absent any team leaders.

Comment

• 32 pages....

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                  32 pages....
                  Got a ways to go to catch this 290 page masterpiece...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1. Was hoping I had made my points but I guess not. I basically said he was the closest thing we had to a leader and
                    the leadership quality he has exhibited has been his intensity / desire which I believe positively impacted others to play
                    harder also the result being better team performance. That is a form of leadership in my book - by example.
                    2. If you have played anywhere above rec ball you probably know that "trash talking" is part of the game. Many
                    players use it to get in the man they are covering's head.....I know I did. You can look foolish doing it if you can't back
                    it up but good players, and ES is a good player IMO, can make it an effective tool. Doesn't work all the time. Larry Bird was
                    a famous trash talker along with many MANY others and just about all of them leaders in one way or another.
                    3. Last, if you happen to be reading this ES please know that I am pretty certain 99% of the fan base loves your game and
                    is looking forward to another two plus years of watching you play for the Shockers. Let em hang and have fun !!

Comment

• JE is the alpha from here on out.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        JE is the alpha from here on out.
                        Absolutely!!! No other choice.

Comment

• It's difficult to be a leader if no one is following. Sometimes there is a reason that no one is following.

Stevenson was an outstanding player when opponents were scouting him based off of last year's film.

Last year's scout was to leave him open to shoot. Stevenson worked his butt off over the summer to improve his shooting. That changed the scouting. Once teams saw enough film from this year to see how Stevenson had improved, the scouting was refined.

The current scout includes "can't dribble with his left hand", "gets frustrated when guarded closely", "doesn't have an effective crossover", "is not a threat to drive from the perimeter". That's a lot different from, "let him have a catch and shoot shot".

I'm not going to speculate on who Marshall was referring to when he said that a former starter was upset with his minutes and questioned the abilities of the player in front of him and questioned Marshall's decision-making. Even when I look at the starters during the season, and who's not starting now who was starting earlier, I'm not going to speculate.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Wasn’t Aargh the one constantly stating the reasons behind an impending Stevenson transfer last off-season? The hate boner has been evident for a while if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              It's difficult to be a leader if no one is following. Sometimes there is a reason that no one is following.

Stevenson was an outstanding player when opponents were scouting him based off of last year's film.

Last year's scout was to leave him open to shoot. Stevenson worked his butt off over the summer to improve his shooting. That changed the scouting. Once teams saw enough film from this year to see how Stevenson had improved, the scouting was refined.

The current scout includes "can't dribble with his left hand", "gets frustrated when guarded closely", "doesn't have an effective crossover", "is not a threat to drive from the perimeter". That's a lot different from, "let him have a catch and shoot shot".

I'm not going to speculate on who Marshall was referring to when he said that a former starter was upset with his minutes and questioned the abilities of the player in front of him and questioned Marshall's decision-making. Even when I look at the starters during the season, and who's not starting now who was starting earlier, I'm not going to speculate.
                              A twenty year old is living in your head. Let it go man
                              Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 12, 2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Yep. I was speculating on Stevenson transferring last year because his Dad was on social media with some unkind comments about the way WSU BB was being handled.

With the recent comments about previous starters questioning the ability of their replacements and questioning Marshall's decision-making, my reason for thinking Stevenson might transfer seems to be justified. When a player's Dad questions Marshall's handling of players and the next year, that player questions Marshall's handling of the players, Seems to be a pattern and not one conducive to success for the player or the team.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X