No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hes a good shooter and thats about it.

Comment

• Indiana looks about ready to pull out another huge win over Michigan State. Not good for us when they're just a bit ahead of us in seeding already. Might jump us in the Top 25 as well. 15 point lead with two minutes to go. They've dominated the Spartans since the opening seconds.

*Edit: Down 15 with 24 seconds to go. Michigan State is gone. I really hope we end up in the non-Kentucky/Syracuse bracket, because every other 1/2 seed is very vulnerable.

Indiana took the lead for good with 17 minutes to go in the first half. Michigan State almost had two separate four minute scoreless streaks in the second half, including to almost close out the game.
      Last edited by Rlh04d; February 28, 2012, 08:02 PM.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by MetDrakeFan View Post
        Did you know that Ben Simons is recovering from Mono after sitting out several games? Not to say your guys' conditioning is not very good, but I'm pretty sure that's still affecting him. Now is the time of year
        Sorry, MD. You are right and I was dead wrong in my fatigue comment. I forgot about the mono.

rdr
        Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; February 28, 2012, 09:51 PM. Reason: error correction
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Down goes #13 Florida at Vandy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Sorry, MD. You are right and I was dead wrong in my fatigue comment. I forgot about the mono.

rdr
            No worries! I think many people didnt realize Simons sat out first games because of Mono. I was surprised he was able to do as well as he did againsy you guya. The scary thing is, he went off for 7 threes, and you guys won by double digits. Winning consistently by doubke digits is tough! And despite our bracketbuster showing (the Valley) is tougher than people think.

As far as the top 25, if Shockers coast through the tourney then i wouldnt be too surprised if you crack the top 10. But of course we all know how tough Arch is. Im actually pickimg the one of the top two to win it, but not both the top two in the title game.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Creighton doesn't make it past Saturday.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if Creighton doesn't make it past Saturday.
                Wouldnt surprise me either. Think it depends on which Creighton team decides to show up in St. Louis...the team that can shoot lights out, thus (mostly) making up for their crappy defense, or the team who has been showing up lately. I think either Evansville or Missouri St is very capable of beating CU. Though Id give EU more of an edge since MSU has been playing terribly...I also really dislike Kyle Weems....

Comment

• I wouldn't completely put it passed them to lose to Drake. Simons and Rice can be a handful. Especially for a team allergic to defense.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Top 25 Losses - Week of February 27:

Monday:
                    #19 Notre Dame at #12 Georgetown 41-59

Tuesday:
                    #5 Michigan State at #20 Indiana 55-70
                    #13 Florida at Vanderbilt 67-77

Wednesday:
                    #7 Marquette @ Cincinatti 61-72
                    #18 Louisville at home to South Florida 51-58

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 29, 2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• ESPN's Power Rankings are out and we are #11.

Highest Ranking: #8 Gassaway
                      Lowest Ranking: #16 Lunardi

Comment

• As the season progresses, Gasaway looks more and more like a genius with his consistent high ranking of Wichita State.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                          ESPN's Power Rankings are out and we are #11.

Highest Ranking: #8 Gassaway
                          Lowest Ranking: #16 Lunardi
                          Lunardi is a tool. End of story.

Comment

• #22 FSU beats #24 (AP) Virginia, 63-60 on a buzzer-beater three.

I really think FSU's issue is that they are just a lazy team. But damn ... if they get the last shot, they'll hit a three on anyone.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
                              Lunardi is a tool. End of story.
                              Does he still have 3 Pac 12 teams in the dance. If so, this just continues to prove his foolishness.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                Does he still have 3 Pac 12 teams in the dance. If so, this just continues to prove his foolishness.
                                Last I checked yes, so he's a BCS-loving tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X