No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolan has nudged the Shocks up to #10 in his RPI ratings.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I wouldn't completely put it passed them to lose to Drake. Simons and Rice can be a handful. Especially for a team allergic to defense.
      Simons (and his team) were stone cold from the 3 point line today making just 1 of 15 and Creighton still had to fight to the end to win.

I think Creighton could easily lose to Evansville or Miss. St tomorrow. But Miss. State has not been playing well lately.

I want Creighton to win too. They are our only chance left to get a good win in Arch Madness.

Of Course, I don't want us to look pass Illinois State. Losing to them would be very bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Does he still have 3 Pac 12 teams in the dance. If so, this just continues to prove his foolishness.
        Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
        Last I checked yes, so he's a BCS-loving tool.
        Who did Lunardi leave out that should have been in front of those 3 PAC 12 teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Who did Lunardi leave out that should have been in front of those 3 PAC 12 teams?
          Do I have to make the Glockner argument? Name me a 10th ranked conference that has had multiple at-large bids? Name me a conference champ from the 10th ranked conference that has had a similar profile.

Ultimately, Washington looks a lot like UAB from last year and as you remember, they were a "First 4" team and even then it was controversial. Washington and maybe Cal have profiles that warrant a bid, but the PAC only really deserves its tourney champ in.

Comment

• I would suggest that the Ivy might even deserve an at large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
              Name me a 10th ranked conference that has had multiple at-large bids?
              If that is your argument, why aren't you complaining about the 11th ranked conference also being projected to get 3 bids this year? Wouldn't that be a greater travesty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                If that is your argument, why aren't you complaining about the 11th ranked conference also being projected to get 3 bids this year? Wouldn't that be a greater travesty?
                Not an issue because Gonzaga, St.Mary's, and BYU singly have more top 50 wins than the ENTIRE PAC. Besides, you know BYU is a longshot

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  Not an issue because Gonzaga, St.Mary's, and BYU singly have more top 50 wins than the ENTIRE PAC. Besides, you know BYU is a longshot
                  My point was simply that you can't complain about the 10th ranked conference getting 3 bids if you are happy with the 11th ranked conference getting the same. Top 50 wins is a different issue altogether from conference rank... just trying to narrow down your argument so that I have something specific to argue against.

Also, not true about BYU... BYU is almost a lock now after winning their first game of the WCC Tournament. They are probably 6-8 spots away from the bubble.

Comment

• In random news....Iowa State beat #10 Baylor. Not that that will affect us (I dont think anyways??). But since Im from Iowa, its kind of fun to be them win even though I dont normally cheer for them.

Comment

• It makes it a little bit cooler since Drake and UNI beat Iowa St. this year if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Dropped to #16 in the ESPN / Sports Information Directors poll

Creighton up to #22

Comment

• That's not bad at all.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Decent show of respect here. I expected us to be penalized because we aren't "Power 6" and this was our first loss in 10 games, in a 1 point game where we played poorly and was fighting 5 on 8.

I guess it just shows no matter how pissed off we were after Saturday, we aren't being defined by 1 lousy game. 27-5 is pretty damn impressive... and we're not done yet.

Comment

• "Are you worried? I'm not."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockitude View Post
                                Decent show of respect here. I expected us to be penalized because we aren't "Power 6" and this was our first loss in 10 games, in a 1 point game where we played poorly and was fighting 5 on 8.

I guess it just shows no matter how pissed off we were after Saturday, we aren't being defined by 1 lousy game. 27-5 is pretty damn impressive... and we're not done yet.
                                Murray state lost to TSU and didnt fall very far. Why would you think we would? Hell Creighton lost to Evansville and didnt drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X