Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    jeffborzello I'm obsessed with picking really, really good teams. Achilles heel of mine. RT @matto1233: whats with ur wichita state obsession?
    Turns out, that ***** @matto1233 is a Jayhawk fan. Stunning.

Comment

• Keep winning, keep climbing
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
        I watched that game ...blackman hit a shot at end...50-48.
        Saw it also. Everyone thought OSU was invincible. Their center was leading the nation in FG %. KU, KState, and WSU all made the S16.

Comment

• Heard that halftime segment with Digger also.. I was stunned to hear Digger say that... Bilas was having a bigtime teamcrush on the Shox. I think Digger got caught up in it..

Comment

• Shox #10 in NCAA rpi

Comment

• Congratulations to both WSU and CU! So awesome to have 2 teams ranked. I will be happy for any win we can get in the big tourney.

Comment

Heard that halftime segment with Digger also.. I was stunned to hear Digger say that... Bilas was having a bigtime teamcrush on the Shox. I think Digger got caught up in it..
                Bilas wears Wichita State undies I bet. He is a fan of good basketball, that's why he enjoys the Shox so much.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Bilas wears Wichita State undies I bet. He is a fan of good basketball, that's why he enjoys the Shox so much.
                  To piggyback on my comments on the Bracketology thread, Bilas is one of the media members who is really high on ranking systems like Pomeroy, Sagarin, LMRC, BPI, etc., which is part of the reason he is sold on us. He believes these rankings are more accurate assessments than the polls and RPI and this WSU team is consistently highly rated in these statistical models.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Heard that halftime segment with Digger also.. I was stunned to hear Digger say that... Bilas was having a bigtime teamcrush on the Shox. I think Digger got caught up in it..
                    Well, Digger was BS'ing. He wants to give the Shocker's first round opponent that bill-board story.. "You're going down, gauranteed!" says Digger Phelps. Thanks a lot..

I'll get back to this one after the MVC tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      Well, Digger was BS'ing. He wants to give the Shocker's first round opponent that bill-board story.. "You're going down, gauranteed!" says Digger Phelps. Thanks a lot..

I'll get back to this one after the MVC tourney.
                      Digger isn't that crafty. I missed his comment, obviously, and am as stunned as anyone else is -- but anyone who thinks he's trying to put WSU's opponent at a psychological advantage is giving him way too much credit for being fiendishly clever.

Comment

• Surprising to hear Digger give any praise to the Shockers. The guy is SO BCS. I never could stand him.

Comment

• This team is legit by all standards. This includes the fabled eye-test. Long, athletic, good in transition, shoot at a high-percentage, play good defense.

This team is/should-be/deserves-to-be a favorite to get to the Sweet 16.

That doesn't mean I will be disappointed, or butt-hurt about an exit prior. That means that I expect this team to reach that point (as we all know anything can happen in the tourny).

These expectations have been earned over the course of this entire season. The body of work is impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            To piggyback on my comments on the Bracketology thread, Bilas is one of the media members who is really high on ranking systems like Pomeroy, Sagarin, LMRC, BPI, etc., which is part of the reason he is sold on us. He believes these rankings are more accurate assessments than the polls and RPI and this WSU team is consistently highly rated in these statistical models.
                            WSU has some extremely impressive stats. They shoot well, rebound, hit their free throws, and do everything else except steals reasonably well.

Scoring Margin: 4th
                            FG %: 9th
                            Scoring Offense: 17th
                            Rebounding Margin: 18th
                            FT %: 24th
                            Assist to Turnover Ratio: 26th
                            FG % Defense: 29th
                            Assists: 35th
                            3 point FG%: 50th

3 point FG Defense: 51st
                            Turnovers: 54th
                            Fouls per game: 66th
                            Scoring defense: 72nd
                            3 pt shots PG: 95th
                            Blocks: 97th

Turnover Margin: 128th
                            Steals: 194th

Here is Creighton as comparison. An offensive powerhouse but with some defensive issues.

FG %: 1st
                            3 point FG%: 2nd
                            Assists: 3rd

Scoring Offense: 8th
                            Assist to Turnover Ratio: 8th

Rebound Margin: 29th
                            3 Point shots PG: 29th
                            Scoring Margin: 35th

FT%: 54th
                            Turnovers : 78th
                            Fouls per game: 92nd

FG% Defense: 220th
                            Scoring defense: 237th

3 Point FG%: 265th
                            Turnover Margin: 270th
                            Blocks: 291st

Steals: 307th

Discover the current NCAA Division I Men's Basketball leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.
                            Last edited by Ixiah; February 28, 2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Interesting stats. I honestly have to wonder how good would they be if they could play better defense. Obviously, they are a good team now (though in a bit of a slump) but if they actually could get it done on the defensive end of the court while keeping up their offense the way they have, they would be such a more dangerous team. Its nice to see we have both offense and defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
                                I honestly have to wonder how good would they be if they could play better defense.
                                They would be us obviously

Comment

Working...
                                X