Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    This probably deserves a new thread.

This is the first time since Feb 8 1983 when two MVC teams were ranked at the same time.

Feb 8, 1983, AP poll
    Ill State #17
    WSU #16
    :good:
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• A breakdown of the AP votes this week:

I love having Vitale, Bilas and Seth Davis in our corner for the Selection Sunday shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        A breakdown of the AP votes this week:

I love having Vitale, Bilas and Seth Davis in our corner for the Selection Sunday shows.
        Their love is fleeting my friend. One bad loss this week and they'll dump us like a celibate prom date.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          Their love is fleeting my friend. One bad loss this week and they'll dump us like a celibate prom date.
          Goes without saying.

The mantra continues: Just. Keep. Winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            I'm thinking we can put to bed the shrill shouts of "No Respect" for a week. #14 (2 votes behind Florida) and #15 is tremendous.

And I LOVE having Creighton ranked. We are light years better than them at the moment. Spanking a ranked team on Sunday will only help fuel our hype machine.
            Probably not a ton of room to move up after this week. Florida will likely lose at least one as far as the Coaches poll goes. Georgetown has a tough end to the year with games against Notre Dame and Marquette.

But we'll get plenty of losses ahead of us next week. If we win Arch Madness, with a victory over a ranked Creighton team, we could potentially finish the year Top 10, and more importantly really give ourselves a good shot at a 3 seed.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Meant to post this in this thread and did it in the bracketology thread.

Do Wichita State and Murray State really deserve to be in the Top 25, or are they just teams who have simply no real competition. Wichita has beat some Top 25 teams, but those teams have had many upsets handed to them. Murray State has not even played a Top 25 team. I just don't feel they are deserving of the seeds they are being awarded.
              Joe Lunardi (3:14 PM)
              Both have already beaten ranked teams. It's not an issue.
              This was from the Lunardi chat just now... I like Lunardi's stance. I was reading comments in there too. There were a few about WSU and how we are overhyped...I have a feeling we will prove them wrong.
              Last edited by shocker2012; February 27, 2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Gee, I didn't realize Digger chimed in to Lunardi's chats.

Comment

• Los Lobos is playing at the Orpheum tomorrow night. Relax, go to the concert, charge up your batteries and then enjoy the Shockers first MVC STL tourney title this weekend.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Gee, I didn't realize Digger chimed in to Lunardi's chats.
                    During halftime of the College Gameday game on Saturday, Digger had a nice plug for WSU.

He said something along the lines of: "I have only one message for WSU's first round opponent; You're going home."
                    The Assman

Comment

• Remember the 1981 NCAA tourney when #8 (seed) Kansas State beat #1 (seed) Oregon State (coached by Ralph Miller)? Anything can happen in the big dance.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker2012 View Post
                        Meant to post this in this thread and did it in the bracketology thread.

This was from the Lunardi chat just now... I like Lunardi's stance. I was reading comments in there too. There were a few about WSU and how we are overhyped...I have a feeling we will prove them wrong.
                        I hope so too, but thats why as a fan, I am feeling pressure that we win the first game or two because nothing is worse IMO than to hear that your team was overrated when we as true fans no that is not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          During halftime of the College Gameday game on Saturday, Digger had a nice plug for WSU.

He said something along the lines of: "I have only one message for WSU's first round opponent; You're going home."
                          Believe me, he's actively trying to jinx them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

That is very out of character for Digger. He's the BCS goon of all BCS goons.

Comment

• from twitter on cbssports.com
                              jeffborzello
                              Was just asked by someone for my Final Four right this second. Said Kentucky, North Carolina, Marquette and Wichita State. It will change.

jeffborzello I'm obsessed with picking really, really good teams. Achilles heel of mine. RT @matto1233: whats with ur wichita state obsession?
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I watched that game ...blackman hit a shot at end...50-48.

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                                Remember the 1981 NCAA tourney when #8 (seed) Kansas State beat #1 (seed) Oregon State (coached by Ralph Miller)? Anything can happen in the big dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X