Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
    New Mexico made a higher jump than us.
    I think everything should be taken into consideration, not just one week. Their RPI is around 30. They have some really bad early losses. Their resume is inferior to ours. However, they did just knock off two ranked teams in a row, one on the road at San Diego State. They have a pretty gaudy record now too and are leading the Mountain West. While I think the teams should be flipped, I'm not too pissed about it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They probably deserve it
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Nothing to get too fired up about this week. I'd hoped to climb as high as 17th in the AP, but I can accept New Mexico leapfrogging us after the week they had.

Just.

Keep.

Winning.

Comment

• I'm not upset at the UNM rankings ahead of us. If you noticed, the voting is only separated by 2 votes in the AP. WSU could have easily been 18th. UNM has a great record, and great recent success. Being 2 votes behind UNM is showing lots of respect for both programs. UNM will be a good tournament team imo. I'm thrilled about the rankings and where they have us.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I'm happy. Now just win Shox.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Coaches Poll is out, WSU is #19.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• TOP 20 PROGRAM.

Comment

• Not only are we in both polls now, we are inside the top 20. Gotta be happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    TOP 20 PROGRAM.
                    :good: I know the coaches are working their fannies off to reinforce the necessity of keeping their eye on prize and to minimize any distraction.

Go Shocks!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• The Power Rank has Wichita State at #9. Once again, Wichita State ranked ultra high in statistic and efficiency based ranking systems, yet have poorer rankings in the subjective polls. Just another thing to feel happy about with this team. Underestimated by the media.

Comment

• Anyone care to share the Bilas rankings with us non-insiders?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          TOP 20 PROGRAM.
                          Yes sir. And that program deserves a Top 20 crowd on Saturday afternoon, giving everything they've got, and staying until the game is over.. and then some.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                            Anyone care to share the Bilas rankings with us non-insiders?
                            10. Wichita State Shockers
                            The Shockers have done nothing to allow any refutation of my proclamation that this is the best mid-major team in the country. A top-10 ranking is admittedly strong, but this team deserves it. Lefty guard Joe Ragland poured in 30 points in a rout of Davidson, and Wichita State won yet another big game on the road. This is a quality basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Yes sir. And that program deserves a Top 20 crowd on Saturday afternoon, giving everything they've got, and staying until the game is over.. and then some.
                              I don't normally miss any of a baseball game for basketball, but I plan on staying late at the basketball game Saturday and missing the first part of the baseball game.

I think celebrating a rare Valley regular season basketball championship is worth staying for. Only the third one I can remember since I have been following the Shockers. I have celebrated 20 regular season Valley championships in baseball in that time period.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                10. Wichita State Shockers
                                The Shockers have done nothing to allow any refutation of my proclamation that this is the best mid-major team in the country. A top-10 ranking is admittedly strong, but this team deserves it. Lefty guard Joe Ragland poured in 30 points in a rout of Davidson, and Wichita State won yet another big game on the road. This is a quality basketball team.
                                Gracias good sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X