Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
    We've lost two games to ranked teams, one to a very good Temple team and there's no way we're NCAA bound. And that 19 point rout of then-No. 18 UNLV means nothing.

Seriously. Some of you people are delirious.
    With 17 games left in the season, you are able to conclude this?

Comment

I think you misread the sarcasm in my post.

Comment

Sarcasm would have seen a question mark following ...means nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
          Sarcasm would have seen a question mark following ...means nothing?
          No. That would be a seriously-toned inquiry. Sarcasm mocks. I'm mocking the people that would say that, and they would not ask it as a question. They would state it as fact because they're all-knowing.

Comment

The polls are out. Creighton drops out of the Ap poll and drops to #24 in the coaches poll.

No other Valley team is receiving any votes. UNLV is ranked #17 in both polls. Alabama got one vote in the Ap and 3 votes in the coaches poll.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              The polls are out. Creighton drops out of the Ap poll and drops to #24 in the coaches poll.

No other Valley team is receiving any votes. UNLV is ranked #17 in both polls. Alabama got one vote in the Ap and 3 votes in the coaches poll.
              Thanks for the update. I knew it was going to happen, but I still think it's kind of ridiculous that we didn't receive a single vote. We SMASHED Bradley by 39 on the road and lost a close game to No. 19 Creighton. Is that so bad that we suddenly deserve no bit of attention from the polls? I guess I can see arguments for both sides, though.

Comment

When you play like poop at home in front of a nationally televised audience, don't expect the love to start flowing out.

If we received 1 single vote, that would mean somebody actually thought that we were a Top 25 team. Do you really think we fit the bill at the current time?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We're gonna have to get about 6 -8 wins in a row to get back in the national spotlight. I honestly think we can win the next 9 games.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                    Thanks for the update. I knew it was going to happen, but I still think it's kind of ridiculous that we didn't receive a single vote. We SMASHED Bradley by 39 on the road and lost a close game to No. 19 Creighton. Is that so bad that we suddenly deserve no bit of attention from the polls? I guess I can see arguments for both sides, though.
                    We basically have one more shot at getting ranked this season. We have to beat CU in Omaha AND CU has to still be ranked at the time AND we pretty much have to win all of our games in between now and then.

IF we do all of that, we have a good chance of being ranked before the regular season ends. Otherwise our only other chance is to do well in the dance and get ranked at the end of the season.

The Valley just doesn't have the national respect any more for us to get ranked any other way. Nationally we are viewed just like the other 20 or so, so-called one-bid "mid-major" conferences.

Those are a lot of IFs but that is pretty much what we are down to.

Comment

We'll be ranked if we win the next 10 in a row, surely with 11 or 12 before the Creighton rematch. However, there is only one game that matters. Tomorrow night.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

We got 5 votes in the coaches which would be good for 36th if the poll was expanded. None in AP. UNLV is ranked 12th in both polls. Creighton is at 23 in the AP and 21 in the coaches. Alabama is 27 in the AP and 32 in the coaches if you were to expand the poll.
                        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Don't really think we deserve the votes, but I'll take it.

Comment

Alabama on the verge working their way back in is a good thing:strawberry:
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Today's RPIs according to warren nolan: Cu 18, UNI 19, WSU 31, Most 60, Indy St. 90, Ill. St. 102, The Drake 109, UE- 149, BU- 218, SIU- 260

Other teams of interest: UNLV-11, Temple-23, Alabama-25, Colorado-64
                              Last edited by shox1989; January 11, 2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Jan 16

AP has WSU with 3 votes and at #36
                                ESPN/USA has WSU with 13 at #33
                                RPI has WSU #32, just ahead of KjSU.

The Rivals/Yahoo Team Ranker has fans ranking pairs of 93 teams, none of which are Wichita. This is the real problem, not being in the 93-team comparison list.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X