No announcement yet.

Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14th in the Coaches Poll. Creighton is 24th.

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Comment

• Comment

• Nice to see us both ranked. Could make for more publicity should we bot make the title game.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• #15 - Sounds about right! Lotta love for the 2 Florida schools and Notre Dame. Goodness...9 losses and still #20 in the poll.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'm thinking we can put to bed the shrill shouts of "No Respect" for a week. #14 (2 votes behind Florida) and #15 is tremendous.

And I LOVE having Creighton ranked. We are light years better than them at the moment. Spanking a ranked team on Sunday will only help fuel our hype machine.

Comment

• This probably deserves a new thread.

This is the first time since Feb 8 1983 when two MVC teams were ranked at the same time.

Feb 8, 1983, AP poll
              Ill State #17
              WSU #16

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                #15 - Sounds about right! Lotta love for the 2 Florida schools and Notre Dame. Goodness...9 losses and still #20 in the poll.
                Notre Dame has beaten UConn, Marquette, and West Virginia twice... IN JUST THE LAST MONTH. With wins over South Florida, Syracuse, and Louisville prior to that, I'd say #20 is fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  This probably deserves a new thread.

This is the first time since Feb 8 1983 when two MVC teams were ranked at the same time.

Feb 8, 1983, AP poll
                  Ill State #17
                  WSU #16
                  Really makes you appreciate the rarified air we're breathing right now. We've been ranked better than 14 in one poll in the last thirty years. Two Valley teams are ranked- at just the right time, in February/March.

Really, really special. And we're not close to being done yet.

Comment

• Only two votes seperates WSU and Florida. Florida also has two tough games coming up - at Vandy and Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Notre Dame has beaten UConn, Marquette, and West Virginia twice... IN JUST THE LAST MONTH. With wins over South Florida, Syracuse, and Louisville prior to that, I'd say #20 is fair.
                      I'm not sure why you would consider the UConn or West Virginia wins to be meaningful. UConn has lost 8 of their last 11. West Virginia has 7 of their last 9. Beating those two teams recently is what nearly everyone is doing. The other wins are legit (even with Syracuse missing Fab Melo), but I'm not sure why you would use those three games as a big part of the case for being ranked.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I'm just happy I finally get update my signature!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          I'm not sure why you would consider the UConn or West Virginia wins to be meaningful. UConn has lost 8 of their last 11. West Virginia has 7 of their last 9. Beating those two teams recently is what nearly everyone is doing. The other wins are legit (even with Syracuse missing Fab Melo), but I'm not sure why you would use those three games as a big part of the case for being ranked.
                          Notre Dame won @ UConn, the same place that Syracuse almost lost at on Saturday night. UConn hasn't lost to anyone outside the top 100 during their recent slide. UConn isn't top 25 material right now, but I can guarantee you that WSU fans would be listing them as a "quality win" (rightfully so) if the Shockers had a win over them in the last month. We aren't talking about being ranked #1 in the country. We are talking about Notre Dame being ranked #20. Beating UConn is indeed relevent when discussing Notre Dame's recent success, especially since Notre Dame won @ UConn.

West Virginia is a similar story. Beating them isn't a huge story, but win a bunch of games like that back-to-back-to-back and suddenly you have something worth talking about.

Comment

• Even beyond thinking about if WSU and Creighton both make the finals on Sunday and we beat them (which would obviously be great for us), I think its awesome to have two ranked teams in the MVC period. 1983 is a heck of a long time to go without two MVC teams in the top 25. So honestly woo hoo!!! WSU especially but also true congratulations to Creighton as well. Its something that is great for the conference as a whole and I hope it helps with publicity for the tournament this weekend.

Comment

• I know we would have liked a third team to have some separation and have at large potential, but the two teams separating so completely has worked out pretty well too. I think we are looking at a 3-5 seed and CU at a 5-7 seed. We both could do some damage in the dance.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                ESPN doesn't have it on their website yet, but here's today's AP Poll. WSU at #15 and Creighton at #25:

http://www.kwtx.com/_254sports/headl...140585343.html
                                :good:
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X