2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dennis_Celery View Post

Appreciate the update Stickboy. You've been a solid ShockerNet poster and I like the profundity of your insight.

unfortunately Penmy is proving true what many on ShockerNet speculated on in the offseason. He's not ready for primetime otherwise known as being D1 HC at the level of the freaking American conference. Kind of sad to see the unraveling this season from the lofty preseason expectations to where they have presently devolved. maybe they can turn it around and salvage this season. We'll see about that.

penny kind kind of done it to himself with all his hype going into the season. funny to see it happen to their spoiled, entitled fanbase, if you know what I mean.
    To be fair to Penny, he's not exactly got a lot of breaks this year. He's way too cocky so he kinda deserves it but I know they were missing 1-2 starters all game today and then precious got hurt mid game and never returned.

But still should have been able to beat USF at home

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      That Memphis loss hurts us too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see their star Precious sit out rest of season to protect his NBA career.
      They won't make it back to top 30. Just need them to stay Top 75

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They won't make it back to top 30. Just need them to stay Top 75
        Yeap you are right. We also got to keep in mind that I heard that they have the youngest team in America. So I am not surprised when they lose to a more experience team in this conference. This is a tough conference. You better come ready to play every night. And most of all the hype by them was on the assumption that they had the NO.1 player in the country in Wiseman. Once he left, they were just a young talented team of freshmen. Those guys are not the fab five. They will lose some more this year.

Comment

To be fair to Penny, he's not exactly got a lot of breaks this year. He's way too cocky so he kinda deserves it but I know they were missing 1-2 starters all game today and then precious got hurt mid game and never returned.

I hear what your saying but the thing about USF is that they have veteran guards. Without Precious, I suspect they had their way with Memphis young guards.

Comment

• Oklahoma State tied with Baylor at Baylor with 8 to go

Comment

Oklahoma State tied with Baylor at Baylor with 8 to go
              Watching this... Holy crap is this what it's like to get a home court whistle?? Literally preventing OSU from having a chance to come back

Comment

• Not sure I have this exactly right, but I think I'm close. So far, at 7:30pm cst, things going very well for the Shockers today against other potential Bubble Watch teams:

Bad
                Michigan - Won
                Georgetown - Won
                Alabama - Won
                Xavier - Won
                Mississippi State - Won
                Syracuse - Won

Good
                Indiana - Lost
                Purdue - Won
                Virginia Tech - Lost
                Minnesota - Lost
                Texas - Lost
                Arkansas - Lost
                Virginia - Lost
                Stanford - Lost
                Florida - Lost
                Stanford - Lost
                USC - Lost

Other Teams
                Good - TCU Lost
                Good - LSU Lost
                Good - Tennessee Lost
                Good - Saint John's Lost
                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 9, 2020, 06:32 AM. Reason: Added another team or two

Comment

His entire roster is based on a gift in Lomax and a class built entirely on cheating. Sympathy level, zero.

Comment

• Man, it never gets old watching Duke beat R. williams and/or the Chickens...

Comment

• So true on Duke and the ole Deputy dog

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Man, it never gets old watching Duke beat R. williams and/or the Chickens...
                        Good thing Duke won .. you know there would have been someone lobbying that UNC deserved to get in the tournament based on that win alone

Comment

Good thing Duke won .. you know there would have been someone lobbying that UNC deserved to get in the tournament based on that win alone
                          Is there any doubt that would have been the case?

Comment

South Carolina blows out Texas A&M and is now tied for 4th in the SEC.
                            The SEC is extremely weak this year.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh and LMAO Memphis.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• OU has been a bit of a surprise to me. They are holding up better than I thought they would to this point.

Okie State, despite giving #1 Baylor everything they could handle in Waco today, is nevertheless a dismal 1-9 in Big 12 play.

Comment

Working...
                                X